ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:12 pm

FKarim wrote:
Smit wrote:FKarim,

Thank you for the update. Could I ask how you received your supporting docs and passports back? 2nd class or SM?
Secure delivery as I had paid £3 extra for it with my application.
Do you mean to say you sent your passport on the 24th and they returned it to you on the 27th??

FKarim

Post by FKarim » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 pm

republique wrote:Do you mean to say you sent your passport on the 24th and they returned it to you on the 27th??
Yes. Just like they said on the phone, "We just need to see it and will send it straight back." I used special delivery so it arrived there on 25th, I guess a day to get it into their system, returned on 26th, arrived back on 27th. Bear in mind I had sent the naturalisation certificate with the application and they were waiting to see the passport only.

FKarim

Post by FKarim » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:14 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Brent Town Hall
Date of submission: 20th Oct. 2008
Category: 5 year stay (2 WP + 3 HSMP + 1 ILR = 6 years)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 29th Oct. 2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 3rd Nov. 2008 (dated 29th Oct. 2008)
Date of receipt of approval: 5th Mar. 2009 (dated 25th Feb. 2009)
Date of ceremony: 13th Mar. 2009
Date of passport application: 16th Mar. 2009
Method used: Special Delivery (Post Office did not accept for check and send as I didn't have my foreign passport at the time of application but I wanted to queue my application so sent anyway as adivsed by passport helpline)
Date of letter asking for current passport: 25th Mar. 2009 (had already sent it to them on the 24th as soon as I got it)
Date of receipt of original documents: 27th Mar. 2009
Date of receipt of interview letter: 28th Mar. 2009 (dated 26th Mar.) but I had already booked the interview on the 27th by phoning the adviceline and getting the reference number
Date of interview: 30th Mar. 2009
Interview office: Elephant & Castle, London
Date of passport receipt: 1st Apr. 2009 (will check if it is real when I get home :))

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm

FKarim wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Brent Town Hall
Date of submission: 20th Oct. 2008
Category: 5 year stay (2 WP + 3 HSMP + 1 ILR = 6 years)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 29th Oct. 2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 3rd Nov. 2008 (dated 29th Oct. 2008)
Date of receipt of approval: 5th Mar. 2009 (dated 25th Feb. 2009)
Date of ceremony: 13th Mar. 2009
Date of passport application: 16th Mar. 2009
Method used: Special Delivery (Post Office did not accept for check and send as I didn't have my foreign passport at the time of application but I wanted to queue my application so sent anyway as adivsed by passport helpline)
Date of letter asking for current passport: 25th Mar. 2009 (had already sent it to them on the 24th as soon as I got it)
Date of receipt of original documents: 27th Mar. 2009
Date of receipt of interview letter: 28th Mar. 2009 (dated 26th Mar.) but I had already booked the interview on the 27th by phoning the adviceline and getting the reference number
Date of interview: 30th Mar. 2009
Interview office: Elephant & Castle, London
Date of passport receipt: 1st Apr. 2009 (will check if it is real when I get home :))
Unfortunately for you because you were not straightforward, they made you come in for an interview
So on top of this interview, you couldnt get the passport then, they still had to send it to you
How annoying

FKarim

Post by FKarim » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

republique wrote:Unfortunately for you because you were not straightforward, they made you come in for an interview
So on top of this interview, you couldnt get the passport then, they still had to send it to you
How annoying
I think straightforward or not, all first time adult applicants have to attend an interview. At least that's what I've been told. And even the straightforward ones don't get their first British passport there and then. It is always delivered by secure mail at least 2 days later if you look at other posts in this thread.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Congrats FKarim,

Hope the red book's for real :lol:

I went for my interview this morning at Elephant & Castle, more or less similar to your experience, hope my passport arrives by Friday/Saturday as I am flying off on a week's holiday to the US on Sunday, 5th April.

If not, I intend to use my other country's passport and hope I don't get grief coming back to the UK on an ILR basis.

All the best

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 pm

FKarim wrote:
republique wrote:Unfortunately for you because you were not straightforward, they made you come in for an interview
How annoying
I think straightforward or not, all first time adult applicants have to attend an interview. At least that's what I've been told. And even the straightforward ones don't get their first British passport there and then. It is always delivered by secure mail at least 2 days later if you look at other posts in this thread.
No not all first time passport require an interview
it has become too cumbersome to do that for them

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Smit wrote:Congrats FKarim,

I went for my interview this morning at Elephant & Castle, more or less similar to your experience, hope my passport arrives by Friday/Saturday as I am flying off on a week's holiday to the US on Sunday, 5th April.

If not, I intend to use my other country's passport and hope I don't get grief coming back to the UK on an ILR basis.

All the best
Samit just be careful you dont get caught out by that ESTA registration system that US introduced this year

FKarim

Post by FKarim » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:42 am

Smit wrote:Congrats FKarim,

Thanks Smit. It is real. Not a 1st April prank :)
Smit wrote:hope my passport arrives by Friday/Saturday as I am flying off on a week's holiday to the US on Sunday, 5th April.

It was ideal timing for me as I am travelling on the 7th and was slightly worried about getting back in on the ILR like you. Technically the ILR becomes invalid when you are naturalised. But many posts here suggest the immigration officials either don't find out soon enough or don't care much so I wasn't too bothered. You should be alright unless the other country doesn't allow dual nationality in which case not just the ILR but the passport is also not valid.

yasmina
Newly Registered

Post by yasmina » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 pm

congratulation to any one who got his approval and good luck for everyone that still waiting for theirs just to give you guys an advice i know it's frustrating that wait but you better not call the home office or even forget that you apply at all and deal with it as you only have ILR let the application follow it queue and don't give them any reason to delay the process any further. i will give you guys my timelines next week as i am hoping this journey will be over and thanks to you guys for updating us in this forum
without you guys will be lost

tobiashomer

Post by tobiashomer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:04 pm

timefactor, Emma84.. no idea who you are other than "screen names", but I feel like I know you, and it is nice to see you finally getting to the finish line, as I did, after all this time and uncertainty. what a shame they make it such a struggle, such uncertainty dishonesty and prevarication.

for those still in the horrid "pipeline", keep your courage up, there is an end to it. knowing one is not alone helps a lot, at least it did for me.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:55 am

Received passport today as anticipated. Very effiecient IPS.

rb07
Newly Registered

Post by rb07 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Update.

NCS or Postal: NCS Croydon
Date of submission or posting: 17 Oct 2008
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yr WP + 1 yr ILR)
Date of receipt of App @ HO: 21 Oct 2008
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 4 Nov 2008 (paid by cheque at NCS office)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 8 Nov 2008
Date of receipt of approval: 27 Mar 2009 (dated 16 Mar)
Invitation Letter: (phone appointment)
Date of Ceremony: 31 Mar 2009 (private ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport: 03 Apr 2009
Method used: Post office Passpor checking sevice

tobiashomer

Post by tobiashomer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 am

there is no problem with travelling on the old foreign passport with ILR pending receipt of UK red one. just say "no change" if asked. matter of days anyway if one applies for the UK one right away.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Tobiashomer for the kind words, yes a painful journey including extra waiting of another 1 year due to change in rules and many other issues.

UKindian
Newly Registered

Post by UKindian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 am

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Hampshire
Date of submission or posting: First week for October 2008
CRITERIA - 7+ years
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Second week of Oct 2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:Second week of Oct 2008
Date of receipt of approval from HO:First week of Jan09
Date of receipt of Letter from council: Second week of Jan09
Date of Ceremony:End of Jan09 (not private, it was group ceremony)
Date of appln. End of Jan09
Method used : Post office Check & Send Service
Date of Receipt : Received a phone call on some query during first week of Feb09, assumed application reached.
Interview for Passport : Mid of Feb09
Passport received: Second Week of Feb09

All the best of Luck to you all waiting. By God Grace, you will be successful as well.
JaiHo;)

yasmina
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by yasmina » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm

[quote="UKindian"]NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: southwark
Date of submission or posting: 09/01/09
CRITERIA:3 year spouse
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 20/01/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:20/01/09
Date of receipt of approval from HO:12/03/09
Date of Ceremony: private 19/03/09
Date of appln. 19/03/09
Date of Receipt : Received a phone call on some query during first week of Feb09, assumed application reached.
Interview for Passport : 03/04/09
Passport received: 07/04/09

the little delay i had in my passport application was as they sent me to confirm my adress history for the last 3 years which was not easy but sorted thank god for that from the bank as they ask you only for one letter

not everyone is asked the same thing some only have their interview

and here is the question for my interview
name ?
adress ?
are you registered on electoral roll ?
did u contact the passport office
date of birth of both parents ?
and he made sign on electronic pad my signature and he told me if i don't hear anything within 4 day or so to contact them

good luck everyone just be patient and it will soon show up and this will be just history

thanks for your help guys and keep this forum informative for others

:lol:

republique
BANNED

Re: my timeline

Post by republique » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:57 am

yasmina wrote:
UKindian wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: southwark
Date of submission or posting: 09/01/09
CRITERIA:3 year spouse
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 20/01/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:20/01/09
Date of receipt of approval from HO:12/03/09
Date of Ceremony: private 19/03/09
Date of appln. 19/03/09
Interview for Passport : 03/04/09
Passport received: 07/04/09

the little delay i had in my passport application was as they sent me to confirm my adress history for the last 3 years which was not easy but sorted thank god for that from the bank as they ask you only for one letter

not everyone is asked the same thing some only have their interview

and here is the question for my interview
name ?
adress ?
are you registered on electoral roll ?
did u contact the passport office
date of birth of both parents ?
and he made sign on electronic pad my signature and he told me if i don't hear anything within 4 day or so to contact them

good luck everyone just be patient and it will soon show up and this will be just history

thanks for your help guys and keep this forum informative for others

:lol:
Don't understand. They needed a letter from the bank to confirm your address?and were those all the questions? It seems a bit short for a 30 minute interview?

yasmina
Newly Registered

Post by yasmina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:52 pm

the inerview doesn't take 30 min for everyone it's only people who they feel that they are not them self or they pretend to be someone else .

the letter from the bank was only stating i have a bank account with them and it still active +mortgage statement with husband name and send another letter and they accpeted it

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 pm

yasmina wrote:the inerview doesn't take 30 min for everyone it's only people who they feel that they are not them self or they pretend to be someone else .

the letter from the bank was only stating i have a bank account with them and it still active +mortgage statement with husband name and send another letter and they accpeted it
Yes, why did you have a letter from the bank??

yasmina
Newly Registered

Post by yasmina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:08 am

ok the reason why i had a letter from the bank as the passport people ask me to prove my address history for the last 3 years so they ask me to get the tenancy agreement since we are owner of the house we are not tenant i couldn't produce that one so this one is out i went to the doctor he didn't wanna do it as he didn't know me for 3 years so i went to my bank and they sent and addressed letter to the passport people stating that i opened my bank account since october 2007 and i still have it active and they still send me letter to my adress and they accepted it

:roll:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:05 am

yasmina wrote:ok the reason why i had a letter from the bank as the passport people ask me to prove my address history for the last 3 years so they ask me to get the tenancy agreement since we are owner of the house we are not tenant i couldn't produce that one so this one is out i went to the doctor he didn't wanna do it as he didn't know me for 3 years so i went to my bank and they sent and addressed letter to the passport people stating that i opened my bank account since october 2007 and i still have it active and they still send me letter to my adress and they accepted it

:roll:
Weird, I find that a bit intrusive.
Did they tell you to bring proof to the interview or did you have one and they werent satisfied and to come back another day to prove it.

yasmina
Newly Registered

Post by yasmina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 am

You know if you go back to pages 119 and 120 from the past forum you will see salah and whirly has the same problem and thank to them i got over this hurdle ,they don’t accept bank statment or utility bills so i had only little choice , so they said to get one letter from gp , or bank or building society , local authority , your employer and should be addressed to them so i couldn’t get anything the gp has known me the longest but wouldn’t do it as he was convinced that he should have known me for 3 years and i told him they just want you to say that i am registered here and still iam and you send me correspondance in that address it’s not much to ask really ? so i went to the bank the first day with no luck they send me back home i was fuming that day the next day was the Saturday i went and took my husband and he explain them better and they still tried to send us but we insisted and we got that letter and we sent along with mortgage on my husband name and and marriage certificate that says we are married and we live at that same address and they accepted but i only opened my bank acceount october 2007 but they want from march 2006 until march 2009 ? what do u think about that ? good luck

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm

yasmina wrote:You know if you go back to pages 119 and 120 from the past forum you will see salah and whirly has the same problem and thank to them i got over this hurdle ,they don’t accept bank statment or utility bills so i had only little choice , so they said to get one letter from gp , or bank or building society , local authority , your employer and should be addressed to them so i couldn’t get anything the gp has known me the longest but wouldn’t do it as he was convinced that he should have known me for 3 years and i told him they just want you to say that i am registered here and still iam and you send me correspondance in that address it’s not much to ask really ? so i went to the bank the first day with no luck they send me back home i was fuming that day the next day was the Saturday i went and took my husband and he explain them better and they still tried to send us but we insisted and we got that letter and we sent along with mortgage on my husband name and and marriage certificate that says we are married and we live at that same address and they accepted but i only opened my bank acceount october 2007 but they want from march 2006 until march 2009 ? what do u think about that ? good luck
Ok but you still didn't answer my questions
Did you first have an appt and at it they said we want more proof and they did you have to make second appt and bring those documents.
could you provide a clear timeline as it would be more helpful to understand the sequence of events

yasmina
Newly Registered

Post by yasmina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 pm

ok i will try to get back to you when i get home