ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal period , advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marley2005

appeal period , advice needed

Post by marley2005 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:55 pm

hi everyone,

would you please help to know about the spouse visa appeal, is the 28 days period starts from the date of refusal written on the notice of refusal or as i receive the letter ? i am asking because i received my appeal in 14 days as the stamp on the letter says, and the refusal date written on the notice of refusal was 14 days before, can you please explain to me how i will deal wiht that .

regards

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:06 am

Hi I think this guidance on the UKVISAS website answers your question :-
Is there a time limit?
Yes. You must fill in and return the Notice of Appeal to the AIT or the British mission overseas where your visa was refused within 28 days receive the notice of refusal. If the refusal notice is posted to you, it is deemed that you will have received it 28 days later and the time limit starts from this date. We will only extend the deadline in exceptional circumstances.
As per previous postings, have you yet asked for an informal review by the Manager of the Visa Section? If not I think certainly do that before lodging a formal appeal.
John

marley2005

Post by marley2005 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:09 pm

dear mates,

i hope you gonna help me on this one,
I am in the appealing period i still have some days left but the news is that i found a job in the oilfield wiht halliburton company, my salary is in algerian dinar but when i convert it gives me 950 pounds a month, the work rotation system is 4 weeks on job site and 4 weeks vacation, so as i was refused because i don't have a job offer in the uk and i had only 10000 euros on my account what if i submit now my work certification proving that i can pay my travel ticket and wiht the 950 pounds a month i can live wiht my wife wihtout recourse to public funds, in other words i can be considered as working overseas. is this gonna be seen as the financial problem is solved and i can jump over the last hurdle i have as for refusal? please help and advise