ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is MCA eligible in the new rules...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Is MCA eligible in the new rules...

Post by coolsats » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Gurus,

My brother is an MCA from Bangalore university. As we know that the new rules affects the bachelor degree and now only Masters and PhD's can apply.
Can his MCA be considered as a master degree. We checked on the UKBA Calculator, and when selected master degree from the list, it actually grants 35 points :lol: So, can i confirm that MCA is good enough to apply..

Other questions is that now probably because of the restrictions, i believe home office is now receiving less applications, can we presume that his application will now be processed faster.

Pls advice guys....

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:19 pm

As long as MCA is recogised by UK NARIC as Master degree, then you will be eligible.

Strangely, in India BTech/BE holders are given preference when compared to MCAs.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi JK2007,

That was little funny "Strangely, in India BTech/BE holders are given preference when compared to MCAs."

You cant compare a bachelor and a master degree.
My bro works for a second largest software firm, and as far as qualification was concerned, he was preferred...

Ne ways your quote was like a news to me .....

:lol:

push

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Jk2007 wrote:As long as MCA is recogised by UK NARIC as Master degree, then you will be eligible.

Strangely, in India BTech/BE holders are given preference when compared to MCAs.
The reason is simple - To get admission in BTech/BE in India one has to compete with thousands (for even average institutes). The same does not apply to MCA courses which are offered by almost every other university. At the same time Tier-1 does not differentiate between Masters in Arts and Masters in Technology (which again would be incoceivable in India because of the reasons give above).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 pm

If you think of NARIC, MCA is preferred over MBA from IIM's.
IIMs are autonomous body and are not recognised by govt as affiliated institution (though govt want to decide on the reservation policy)..... Feel any better? :D
Jk2007 wrote:As long as MCA is recogised by UK NARIC as Master degree, then you will be eligible.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:11 pm

oh yea, am flying now.... :lol:

Maybe push is a BE or a Btech.
But let me tell you fellas, that Masters thing before computer application beats the shit out of all the BE's and B'tech. Whether its immigration to australia or canada or be it anything abroad except mera bharat mahan, its the masters that are preferred (dont hate me for that soldier).

Excuse my ignore, but i guess at the same time Tier-1 does not differentiate between Bachelor in Arts and Bachelor in Technology (which again would be inconceivable in India because of the reasons give above). Eat shit now...hahahhahhahhah :P

push

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:25 pm

coolsats wrote:oh yea, am flying now.... :lol:

Maybe push is a BE or a Btech.
But let me tell you fellas, that Masters thing before computer application beats the shit out of all the BE's and B'tech. Whether its immigration to australia or canada or be it anything abroad except mera bharat mahan, its the masters that are preferred (dont hate me for that soldier).

Yes I am (non IT though) and I am an MBA too and work at a level where we hire people. We do not judge an applicant entirely based on his/her degree as far as recruitment is concerned. You are trying to mingle two issues here -VISA requirements (UK/Autralia/US etc.) and job requirements (India).

There is a weightage attached to Masters in Countries like UK/US/Oz because only seriously academically inclined people go for it and there is a real dearth of such people in these countries unlike in India where Masters is something which almost everyone does , and more so if he/she is pursuing a non technical course.

I do not want to demean any qualification as such but it is a simple game of demand and supply. We can argue about it endlessly but it would be good if you picked up statistics of work permit holders/ H1B VISA holders and assessed as to how many VISAs have gone to people holding a Technical degree (Bachelors) v/s those holding Masters (non tech).

As far as MCA is concerned (India specific) do you seriously believe that they stand a chance against techies from IITs/NIITS/RECs? The answer is a resounding no. Btw How many institutes in India have the basic infrastructure to provide a proper MCA level education?
coolsats wrote:Excuse my ignore, but i guess at the same time Tier-1 does not differentiate between Bachelor in Arts and Bachelor in Technology (which again would be inconceivable in India because of the reasons give above). Eat shit now...hahahhahhahhah :P
I cant stoop to your levels but can definitely make you eat your own words. Agreed Tier-1 does not differentiate between B Tech and Bachelors in Arts, Tier-2 does. How many Masters of Arts or MCAs do you think employers here would be willing to sponsor? Now dont squirm and shout back. This is not a forum to discuss whose degree is more esteemed. I replied to your original post as it was fundamentally flawed in terms of logic and to this one as someone here needed a lesson on being polite on a public forum, especially when by his own admission his country apparently does not value his brother's (or is it him only) academic credentials.
regards,
push

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:36 am

Hello Push & @ modarator @ admin of the forum,

I request you to kindly terminate this guy "Mr.coolsats" from the forum whoz very abusive in his every comment or posts. I can use profanity to the max where he can least comprehend.

I strongly recommend to immediately terminate this person from the forum which would be a lesson to people of his sort.

One should not go by degrees rather should have belief and stuff in them. If and If where one studies matters, then just once look at your behaviour. The bangalore University should feel ashamed of producing this sort of people.

Best Reards,
bharath.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 am

But the fact still remains the same that a master is a master and a bachelor is a bachelor degree, no matter how much philosophical speeches you make Push.

"How many Masters of Arts or MCAs do you think employers here would be willing to sponsor?"
Its the skills that matter and not the MA and MCA that you ve been after. Its the skills that the employer looks for, before signing him up on site.

Its always pointless in arguing with a person with little or no knowledge.
By the way your philosophical speech was good, you can be a good baba ramdev follower. Good job....

@Bharath
------------
You dont have to worry about me, and if you can use profanity to the max, then i know how to retaliate back. So, keep your little mule inside your pants, before i bust them off....

Mind your own talk to*** business...
BU produces the same kind of candidates like the one being produced by yours. So instead of bom licking here, put some logical head into the forum, rather public forum.

My problem is that i cant take bull shit, and i come hard at people like you.....

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 am

hey U

Jot down yaa contact details....if in bangalore.

Namma huduguru thorsthare niyathagi......okna. hahahaha

maheshnair
BANNED

I agree with coolstats

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Guys ,

I agree with cool stat ...

BE = BA = BSC = BE (IIT) = BE (BITS ) = BA (URDU) = BA (HINDI) = all same for points calculator ...

So for a guy trying to come in as TIER1 MCA is bigger than BTECH (IIT)....

I myself am BE and felt the HEAT when they announced new rules of tier1 ...

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks mahesh, hope the other braininess in the forum would also understand. Having some knowledge in Tier 1, they think they own the world....what a pity....

@Bharath
-----------

I think i should give you my address....hahhaha, u have the last laugh man...

Its No#46, 15th Main,
Ashok Nivas
4th A Cross,
B'lore - 560036

Just promise you wont pee in your pants, when you face me.
IF you have any difficults in finding my address, just pm me the place you want to come to, i ll be there maga...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 pm

coolsats wrote:Thanks mahesh, hope the other braininess in the forum would also understand. Having some knowledge in Tier 1, they think they own the world....what a pity....

@Bharath
-----------

I think i should give you my address....hahhaha, u have the last laugh man...

Its No#46, 15th Main,
Ashok Nivas
4th A Cross,
B'lore - 560036

Just promise you wont pee in your pants, when you face me.
IF you have any difficults in finding my address, just pm me the place you want to come to, i ll be there maga...

Hey cool ,

Please note i supported the fact that MCA is higher than BE as of new rules for tier 1.

Please note i did not support the BAD words you are using in the forum .
Kindly refrain from using Bad words .

push

Post by push » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:06 pm

coolsats wrote:But the fact still remains the same that a master is a master and a bachelor is a bachelor degree, no matter how much philosophical speeches you make Push.
Dont try to go tangent on that one. The discussion was never about Masters v/s Bachelors. Your contention was MCA is better than BTech (& you said MCAs beat the **it out of B Tech).
coolsats wrote:Its the skills that matter and not the MA and MCA that you ve been after. Its the skills that the employer looks for, before signing him up on site.
You were the one who brought up the point of superiority of MCA or BTech Degree, not me. This is what I said:
push_hsmp wrote:I am an MBA too and work at a level where we hire people. We do not judge an applicant entirely based on his/her degree as far as recruitment is concerned. You are trying to mingle two issues here -VISA requirements (UK/Autralia/US etc.) and job requirements (India).
coolsats wrote:Its always pointless in arguing with a person with little or no knowledge.
Oh I did not know about how diminutive my knowledge was despite doing an MBA from the Top MBA School in the world per latest FT rankings (Don’t rub your eyes, you read it right). I should sincerely apologise for my ignorance. You have opened my eyes. Now that you have convinced me that an MCA is a much more coveted degree than a BE from say IIT lets do something about it. Do you have any action plan in your mind to make up for the humiliation, frustration, dejection that you have had to endure in past in your own Country?

In India they follow a system of reservation to un-do the centuries of injustice done to so called backward classes. Let’s send a petition to top IT companies like IBM/Oracle/SAP/Microsoft/Google/Infosys etc. to recognise your talent by offering you a well paid job immediately. Let’s also tell them that UK HO has put a stamp of approval on your degree and they should now tow the line by replacing B Techs with MCAs.

@mahesh - go through the earlier post please and then comment. The argument is not about Tier-1 but about someone's attempt to equate immigration requirement in UK/Oz with employability in India (based on level of degree).

@ others - please disregard my comments about degrees/professions mentioned above. I have respect for all qualifications/skills etc. I am just trying to help someone in redeeming himself from what seems like a deep seated inferiority complex.

Parting comment: how can we say that HO introduced requirements for a Masters degree because they thought MCA was superior to BTech (even if it was in IT/Sysytems/CA from IITs/MITs of this world); Or is it the case they wanted to be seen as restricting the number of non EU applicants??
regards,
push

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 am

@mahesh - go through the earlier post please and then comment. The argument is not about Tier-1 but about someone's attempt to equate immigration requirement in UK/Oz with employability in India (based on level of degree)

Hi Push,

Did not read the post completely ....
Cool says his brother is prefered more than a BE /BTECH graduate for jobs.

Hi Cool,

My brother studied @reputed eng college bangalore with a BE in electronics.
Almost 90% of his batchmates including him got placed in campus itself .......

Please note that more than 200 companies comes to his college each year for placements ............

But just look at a college like say christ college , jyothi nivas etc who gives out MCA etc .......campus visiting companies are just 5% compared to engineering colleges .. That is fact ....

So companies knows who is better ....

So job wise BE is better preference than MCA in INDIA.....

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 am

@mahesh - go through the earlier post please and then comment. The argument is not about Tier-1 but about someone's attempt to equate immigration requirement in UK/Oz with employability in India (based on level of degree)

Hi Push,

Did not read the post completely ....
Cool says his brother is prefered more than a BE /BTECH graduate for jobs.

Hi Cool,

My brother studied @reputed eng college bangalore with a BE in electronics.
Almost 90% of his batchmates including him got placed in campus itself .......

Please note that more than 200 companies comes to his college each year for placements ............

But just look at a college like say christ college , jyothi nivas etc who gives out MCA etc .......campus visiting companies are just 5% compared to engineering colleges .. That is fact ....

So companies knows who is better ....

So job wise BE is better preference than MCA in INDIA.....

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 am

@Push,

Even though you are from the Top B school, it does not matches the salary package that i withdraw (don't rub your eyes). I work for the world's second largest product company in the world, and the name appears in the list of companies that you have mentioned. Your top school guys does not even come near to what i take home.

And the so called Christ and Jyoti Nivas, has 100 % placement, no matter even if its 5% of the corporate visit, maybe cos of less number of students, unlike engineering colleges that has 80% of unemployable labor,according to some reports.

"Let’s send a petition to top IT companies like IBM/Oracle/SAP/Microsoft/Google/Infosys etc. to recognise your talent by offering you a well paid job immediately."

You don't have to send a petition as am already employed by one of them. So, stop raving about these big corporates cos every tom, dick and harry is part of these organization now a days, and you are also a part of it.
And you bragging about being the student of a top notch institute stands no where....
I guess now the BE and B Tech guys should stop dreaming about Tier1,as its out of their forte now, let them do a master and then come and talk to MCA's.

"Do you have any action plan in your mind to make up for the humiliation, frustration, dejection that you have had to endure in past in your own Country? "

What crap, its a beautiful country and am leading a beautiful life. Maybe you had a troubled childhood in the country you were brought up in. So, don't compare your's with mine...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 am

coolsats wrote:@Push,

Even though you are from the Top B school, it does not matches the salary package that i withdraw (don't rub your eyes). I work for the world's second largest product company in the world, and the name appears in the list of companies that you have mentioned. Your top school guys does not even come near to what i take home.

And the so called Christ and Jyoti Nivas, has 100 % placement, no matter even if its 5% of the corporate visit, maybe cos of less number of students, unlike engineering colleges that has 80% of unemployable labor,according to some reports.

"Let’s send a petition to top IT companies like IBM/Oracle/SAP/Microsoft/Google/Infosys etc. to recognise your talent by offering you a well paid job immediately."

You don't have to send a petition as am already employed by one of them. So, stop raving about these big corporates cos every tom, dick and harry is part of these organization now a days, and you are also a part of it.
And you bragging about being the student of a top notch institute stands no where....
I guess now the BE and B Tech guys should stop dreaming about Tier1,as its out of their forte now, let them do a master and then come and talk to MCA's.

"Do you have any action plan in your mind to make up for the humiliation, frustration, dejection that you have had to endure in past in your own Country? "

What crap, its a beautiful country and am leading a beautiful life. Maybe you had a troubled childhood in the country you were brought up in. So, don't compare your's with mine...

Dear,

Looks like you need to go to a place near christ college ...very soon....

NIMHANS ...u have some psycological problem my friend.....

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 am

coolsats wrote:@Push,

Dear,

Looks like you need to go to a place near christ college ...very soon....

NIMHANS ...u have some psycological problem my friend.....

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

deleted-off topic-Vinny

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 pm

deleted-off topic-Vinny

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:33 pm

deleted-off topic-Vinny

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm

SOME ONE THERE to stop this abusing eachother

life is made of differnece but dont make to hell it

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 pm

both have contributed to forum positively to forum but now please use your energee again to help others as you both have done in past

regards

girish

Post by girish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi

I am under HSMP visa working in UK and my visa is getting expired in january2010.

i would like to apply for extension and the procedure for the same.

Can any one of you please let me know if the new rules of having a master's degree is applicable for extension? Do i need to fill the Tier1 (general) or Tier1(exntensiion) application form?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Girish