ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 pm

fyi. Might be relevant to some of this forum. http://www.entemp.ie/press/2009/20090415.htm

"Tánaiste announces revised Employment Permit arrangements for foreign nationals seeking to work in Ireland
Minister Kelleher says Green Card categories to be kept under review
The Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade & Employment, Ms. Mary Coughlan, T.D., today, (Wednesday 15th April 2009), announced the introduction of revised qualifying conditions for new work permits being sought by first-time entrants to the labour market. These changes are intended to come into effect from the 1st June 2009.

A key feature of the new arrangements will be the application of a tougher labour market needs test for all future work permit applications and renewals so as to allow the maximum opportunity for any available job vacancies to be filled from within the Irish labour market and wider EEA.

The Tánaiste said: “Ireland has benefited greatly from immigration, particularly so over the past decade. Our immigrant population have and continue to make a significant contribution to our economy and to society as a whole here in Ireland. We need to ensure however that for our flexible migration policies to remain as a successful tool of Irish economic policy, that they are adapted on an ongoing basis to reflect the changing realities of the Irish labour market. Those realities have altered dramatically over recent months. As a result, it is essential that we now take steps to ensure that every possible effort is made by employers to find a suitably skilled employee from within the existing labour market.â€

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Interesting statistics in a couple of Parliamentary Questions from 7th April:

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 2809#N2809
155. Deputy Aengus Ó Snodaigh asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of citizenship applications received each year for each of the past ten years; the number processed in each of those years; the average waiting time for applicants; and the countries which applicants are from originally.
156. Deputy Aengus Ó Snodaigh asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the longest length of time an applicant for citizenship is currently waiting for their application to be dealt with; and the reason for the delays in the citizenship process.

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:27 pm

LP thanks so much for finding and giving us this VERY interesting stats.
But isn't it a bit strange - even if we take into consideration that some kind of applications like those on behalf of minors etc.. are dealt with quicker than others - that the results are as DoJ said.
Isn't DoJ saying that they've already dealt with:
77% of applications received in.. 2009.
54% of those rcvd in 2008
41% of those rcvd in 2007
and 53% of 2006?
it's either I misunderstood something or what's happening is very confusing.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Very interesting indeed. Need to get to the bottom of the 2006 applications delays. Will definitely be ringing them tomorrow to find out what's happening.

NearlyIrish

without condition as to time

Post by NearlyIrish » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi Folks,

Has anybody applied for without condition as to time?

How long does it take to process and what are the benefits pls?

Thanks

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:56 am

goodone wrote:LP thanks so much for finding and giving us this VERY interesting stats.
But isn't it a bit strange - even if we take into consideration that some kind of applications like those on behalf of minors etc.. are dealt with quicker than others - that the results are as DoJ said.
Isn't DoJ saying that they've already dealt with:
77% of applications received in.. 2009.
54% of those rcvd in 2008
41% of those rcvd in 2007
and 53% of 2006?
it's either I misunderstood something or what's happening is very confusing.
It doesn't mean that.
They received 2,179 applications in 2009. issued 1,054 certificated in 2009.
It doesn't mean 1054 certificates issued for 2009 applicants.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am

As per my earlier conversations during phone-ins, they admitted delays for 2006 applications due to move from Dublin to Tipperary and informed that they are putting lot of efforts in clearing 2006 applications. It is really frustrating and can't understand why they can't put all their resources for processing 2006 applications.

But, I am not sure about this. They told me that my application was forwarded to minister in March and later told me that it would be submitted last friday and this week they told me that it may go in the week or so. Waiting for Supervisor to clear the application to go to Minister.

Regards

NearlyIrish wrote:Very interesting indeed. Need to get to the bottom of the 2006 applications delays. Will definitely be ringing them tomorrow to find out what's happening.

sideshowsue

Very, very discouraging

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 am

I just rang the helpline and was told that they're still waiting on outside agencies. True, it was the first time I actually spoke to someone that didn't waffle and fudge and backpedal about timelines, outside agencies and being patient. The CS agent was quite upfront and, more important, frank, about the delays currently hitting the 2006 applications.

She told me the following:

(1) The INIS is very concerned about the processing delays affecting the 2006 applications. They are all too well aware of the problems presented by the bottlenecks of obtaining informational checks from the Garda and SW.

(2) INIS desperately want to clear the 2006 backlog, but, BUT, BUT, B*U*T, the problem they're facing is that MOST of the 2006 applications (the ones that haven't budged in MONTHS) are not physically onsite in Tipperary. The 2006 applications have effectively been mothballed in Dublin and it's virtually impossible to chase up the case workers and to get more detailed information about the status of the file, let alone poke, prod, and inveigle those in a position to actually DO SOMETHING.

Bottom line: Wait, wait, and wait even more. And once you're tired of waiting, make sure to relax, have a drink and wait some more, because an ETA is neither currently available nor forthcoming.

My timelines: Applied in August 2006 on the basis of 5-year residency (married to an EU national). Received the acknowledgement of the application in September 2006. Got the letter requesting further documents (bank statements, payslips and P21) in September 2008. Apparently both the Garda and SW checks were requested in September 2008. Who knows how far along these checks are.

Very, very discouraging.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Folks,

I started ringing at 10:10 today and got through at 10:30, waited for 15 mins in the queue before speaking to a lady who said that everything looks good with the documents I sent in (Marriage cert, P21 etc). But that my application is still waiting for Gardai clearance. When I prompted her why it's taking so long and is there a contat#/person I can get in touch with to get an update she replied as as they are Gardai, a different entity and they will not give out any info. I then asked which Gardai are we referring to here, local Gardai or GNIB. She then put me on hold to ask a colleague and came back with GNIB. Can anyone confirm if this is true pls?

Thanks
NI

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 am

To sideshowsue...

I reckon if we ask them to cancel our application and make a new one now it would be more quicker!!!!

Is there anything we can do to get things moving bar waiting for something to happen.

It seems that my life has come to a stand-still as everything is revolving around this piece of paper. Once I get it then there will be a chain reaction and live a decent life.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11 am

It is a scandalous service they're providing, no doubt about it.

What makes me even more annoyed is that I got the impression that when reports from the Outside Agencies are finally returned to INIS, they just sit in vaults waiting to be attached to your file. So I have this image of boxes upon boxes of reports that haven't even been opened by the Dublin staff, let alone attributed to the respective applications.

It's truly scandalous. I think it was about a month or so ago, someone here on this forum passed on a little nugget of rumour and gossip that these delays to 2006 applications were the direct result of the resistance of the Dublin staff to decentralisation.

What I learned today from the helpline actually bolsters the credibility of this rumour: It may be well be the case that the reports from Outside Agencies have actually been returned to Dublin, but since the Dublin staff have no interest in moving to Tipp, it's to their advantage to be sluggish about allocating the reports to our applications.

It's one big honking mess to be perfectly honest.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:34 am

NearlyIrish wrote:I reckon if we ask them to cancel our application and make a new one now it would be more quicker!!!!
With all the bureaucracy I think it'll be impossible to actually stop the processing at this stage. :)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:34 am

A while back I wrote on this forum that I wrote a letter directly to Dublin office. It seems to have done the trick. Iphoned last week and they said that my application has been sent to the minister end of March. May I suggest that all 2006 applicants still waiting, write a letter direct to the Dublin office as this may put more pressure on them. Phoning Tipp office is not putting any pressure on them in Dublin. If you put something in writing, they have to respond to you within a certain period of time and the at least you will know where you stand.

LuasPassenger

Re: without condition as to time

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:36 am

NearlyIrish wrote:Hi Folks,

Has anybody applied for without condition as to time?

How long does it take to process and what are the benefits pls?

Thanks
Hello NearlyIrish,
I recommend you to read this thread as it will answer your questions. :)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30994

Thanks,
LP

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi all,
I am new to the forum but have found it very informative.

I have just sent an email to a couple of TDs, complaining about the problems in INIS and giving links to this thread and the spreadsheet.

So, let's see if we get any action from them...

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 pm

To Frustrated13:

Welcome to the board. This platform is indeed very useful, full of information. We sometimes vent as well and share the sarcastic jokes about INIS.

Just wondering who you sent the mails to so that we do not duplicate. I intend to get in touch with my local TDs as well.

I'll be cooking a long mail over the week-end.

Thanks,

NI

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Joe Costello (Labour) - he's my local non-FF TD
Bernard J. Durkan - he asks a lot of questions about this.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm

I have also sent letter to local TDs.
frustrated13 wrote:Joe Costello (Labour) - he's my local non-FF TD
Bernard J. Durkan - he asks a lot of questions about this.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 pm

One of my friend applied in Oct.06 received approval yesterday.

He submitted additional documents in oct.08.

Regards

Chandu
Last edited by ChIrl on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vhelix
Newly Registered

Hi all,

Post by vhelix » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Quick one.. my application is in final stage processing ……….
My question is , what is the final processing and how long it will take ?
Applied in Jan 2006
Additional doc – Oct 2008

EBS

Re: Hi all,

Post by EBS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 am

vhelix wrote:Quick one.. my application is in final stage processing ……….
My question is , what is the final processing and how long it will take ?
Applied in Jan 2006
Additional doc – Oct 2008
Honestly, i think it will a surprise, this can take from couple weeks to 12 months or even longer. I don’t trust them any more, there is no logic behind their work. They are saying same to me for 4 months now.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 am

Started to ring at 10:05 got through at around 10:18. Spoke to a very obnoxious woman at around 10:30. kept on telling me that all the docs look o.k and that they are still waiting for Gardai and Welfare services. She also told me that there is a backlog of 3000 applications to be processed at the GNIB. When I asked her what mechanisms have been put in place to tackle is issue she said she cannot further comment on this situation. When I prompted her on how come people who applied before me got through as when there is a backlog it is for everybod in the system, she replied that she cannot discuss other people's application but only mine. "All we can do is wait." She also said that she is not the person dealing with my case and she cannot furnish the name of the person who is over the phone. But that I can request this in writing and hung up.

If this is the state of the government services whereby sections under the same Ministry do not talk to each other, don't know who is doing what and there are no mechanisms in place to clear backlogs that's costing in tax payers money and govt exp then no wonder this country is suffering so much and I see this suffering only prolonging itself because the entities that are responsible to put it back on track seems to take a very relaxed approach and still have the luxury of time. Let's wait and see. We will be grand :lol:

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:40 am

rang got thru to a nice lady

she said my second application (jul/aug 2006) is being processed now and they are waiting on some outside agency, said couldnt say who and was sort of vague

not sure whats with the secrecy if its not gardai or sw then what other agencies?

anyway s only if the rest of the government departments worked as well as the Revenue (who me and my company had to pay dozens of thousands in taxes to :( )

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 pm

I stayed up on the phone waiting in vain pass 12h:30 and the line still seems opened but to no avail.

I just wonder if I did the same thing to the people all across Ireland that depend on my work....I just wonder.

Be in my shoes.

nanette

dubliner
Newly Registered

Post by dubliner » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering any one know how long that take to recieve naturalisation certificate after taking the oath.

Dubliner

March'06 - Applied for Naturalisation based on 5 years residence.
April'06 - Recieved confirmation.
October'08 - Requested for additional docuementation.
1st Week April'09 - Recieved approval letter.
20th April'09 - Took the oath
??? - Received naturalisation certificate.
??? - Received passport :-)
Last edited by dubliner on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.