ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does dependant physically need to be present for ILR at PEO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imurlove
Newly Registered

Does dependant physically need to be present for ILR at PEO?

Post by imurlove » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi,

I got a quick question. I am applying for ILR after 5 years of WP + HSMP. I live at London and got appointment at Liverpool as there are no appointment available at Croydon. Can someone please confirm that dependant needs to be physically present? It's a 500 mile drive and if my 2 year old can avoid it, that's better.

Thanks,

John

Post by John » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm

My understanding is that a child dependent does not need to attend. Certainly when we applied at the Birmingham PEO in March 2002, we clarified it and were told that my step-daughter, then aged 6, did not need to attend at the PEO. Nevertheless ILRs granted to both my wife, present, and step-daughter, not-present.

I would be amazed if the practice has changed, but just in case, why not phone Liverpool and ask for confirmation that your 2yo does not need to attend.
John

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 pm

John wrote:My understanding is that a child dependent does not need to attend. Certainly when we applied at the Birmingham PEO in March 2002, we clarified it and were told that my step-daughter, then aged 6, did not need to attend at the PEO. Nevertheless ILRs granted to both my wife, present, and step-daughter, not-present.

I would be amazed if the practice has changed, but just in case, why not phone Liverpool and ask for confirmation that your 2yo does not need to attend.
John, this was some time ago. Last time I applied for FLR (M) for my wife and little boy. He had to be there for biometric (without finger printing). I guess it would be advisable to go with the child for this purpose.
Praise The Lord!!!!

John

Post by John » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:54 pm

jes2jes, that is a very good point.

imurlove, have you phoned the Liverpool PEO and asked them? If so, what did they say?
John

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Yes. I did phoned the liverpool office and they said that dependant need not be there as biomatric is not requried for ILR applicatant.

I think it's required for married visa but not for ILR.

Thanks for your help guys.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 pm

imurlove, few of my friends have applied for ILR at PEO wihout their dependends and the application was successful in all the cases.

You can go for the appointment alone .. but you should carry all the documents/Life in UK test report and passport for the dependents.