ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ad_ke
Newly Registered

Post by ad_ke » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 pm

I applied on 16th Feb 09 - WP to Tier 1

Looks like there will be no response until after March 09.

mgn
Newly Registered

Post by mgn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm

I applied for Tier1 General in VFS Delhi on 18th March 09. Looks like it will take more than expected time for all applications submitted in March 09. Because of new rules being introduced from April 09, many people are filling their applications this month and so we have no option but to sit back and relax and wait for our results!

All the best to all of you who are waiting for the results (including me) and last but not the least, i am extremely thankful to this forum for helping/guiding me in all ways. Also, Genuine thanks to all the users whose posts were invaluable to me.

hoopsy

Tier 1 G

Post by hoopsy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Applied since beginning Jan, in-country ; application still awaiting consideration. Does anyone have any clues what's going on with HO?
Good things come to those who wait.................

kavi14
Newly Registered

Post by kavi14 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:05 pm

mgn wrote:I applied for Tier1 General in VFS Delhi on 18th March 09. Looks like it will take more than expected time for all applications submitted in March 09. Because of new rules being introduced from April 09, many people are filling their applications this month and so we have no option but to sit back and relax and wait for our results!

All the best to all of you who are waiting for the results (including me) and last but not the least, i am extremely thankful to this forum for helping/guiding me in all ways. Also, Genuine thanks to all the users whose posts were invaluable to me.

Yes, i th ink so. i had applied hsmp on 10th March and my visa status is "You visa has been forwarded to BHC" and i am waiting. fingers crossed...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:20 pm

kavi14 wrote:
mgn wrote:I applied for Tier1 General in VFS Delhi on 18th March 09. Looks like it will take more than expected time for all applications submitted in March 09. Because of new rules being introduced from April 09, many people are filling their applications this month and so we have no option but to sit back and relax and wait for our results!

Yes, i th ink so. i had applied hsmp on 10th March and my visa status is "You visa has been forwarded to BHC" and i am waiting. fingers crossed...
best of luck do update..

mgn
Newly Registered

Post by mgn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 pm

yasa wrote:
kavi14 wrote:

best of luck do update..
I got my VISA on 26th March 09. All the best to all waiting candidates.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:26 am

mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
kavi14 wrote:

best of luck do update..
great news.. congrats

kavi14
Newly Registered

Post by kavi14 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 pm

yasa wrote:
mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
kavi14 wrote:

best of luck do update..
great news.. congrats
Guys, I received my HSMP on 26th March. It took only 16 days for visa processing.... I would like to THANK EVERYONE who helped lot in this forum:) All the best those who are waiting...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:12 pm

kavi14 wrote:
yasa wrote:
mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
best of luck do update..
great news.. congrats
Guys, I received my HSMP on 26th March. It took only 16 days for visa processing.... I would like to THANK EVERYONE who helped lot in this forum:) All the best those who are waiting...
congrats..

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 pm

mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
kavi14 wrote:

best of luck do update..
Congrats....did u apply from in-country or outside the UK?

kavi14
Newly Registered

Post by kavi14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:28 pm

hoopsy wrote:
mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
kavi14 wrote:

best of luck do update..
I applied in India only particularly from Bangalore :). I wish everyone who's waiting for visa !!

nothingness
Newly Registered

my status

Post by nothingness » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:07 pm

applied from uk WP->Tier1 on 6 mar09
reached BA on 9 mar 09- fee debited same day
acc. letter dated 9mar09 reached 13mar09
stamped on 8 aprl 09 till aprl 2012. reached 11aprl09, normal recorded delivery no extra envelope enclosed.
docs sent- payslips(only on company headers- not attested) + bnk statements+Btech degree+passport
points- 75.

really happy today !! all the best to u all !!

hoopsy

Re: my status

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 pm

nothingness wrote:applied from uk WP->Tier1 on 6 mar09
stamped on 8 aprl 09 till aprl 2012. reached 11aprl09, normal recorded delivery no extra envelope enclosed.
docs sent- payslips(only on company headers- not attested) + bnk statements+Btech degree+passport
points- 75.

A great big CONGRATULATIONS to you! That was fast.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Does anyone know what HO regards as grounds for urgent treatment?

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: my status

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 pm

nothingness wrote:applied from uk WP->Tier1 on 6 mar09
points- 75.

congrats

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Post by deepakag123 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:24 am

I applied for Tier 1 General on 20th Feb 2009, from VFS Bangalore.
Got my visa stamped with documents on 6th March.
I also received my wife's Tier 1 Dependent visa today.
Applied on : 24th March 2009
Applied from : VFS, Bangalore
Status changed on VFS Tracking - 17th April 2009
Received the documents - 18th April 2009 via Blue dart courier.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 am

kavi14 wrote:
hoopsy wrote:
mgn wrote:
yasa wrote:
best of luck do update..
I applied in India only particularly from Bangalore :). I wish everyone who's waiting for visa !!
Congratulations Kavi14.

I am also from Bangalore and going to apply for Tier-1 in June. I would appreciate if you could please reply to few of my queries.

1) Did you just take the print outs of your salary slips or get it signed and stamped from company HR?

2) Did you also submit Form 16 (IT Return)?

3) I am going to show my saving + my wife's saving as maintenance fund? Total amount would be more than 2.5 Lakhs. I hope this should be fine.

4) I spoke with bank Manager and she told me that they can provide me a letter that I am maintaining 2 lakhs or above at any time during last 3 months. I hope this will be fine or we should attach Bank statement also? In that case, bank statement will be at least 15 pages long or may be more.

5) How did you calculate GBP - INR conversion. Did you take the rate of GBP when you take the print out of your bank statement or what?

Hope you will be able to provide me some help on this. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Akash...

suhas.choulgere
Newly Registered

Urgent Processing request - criterion

Post by suhas.choulgere » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:02 pm

@Hoopsy,

It is my experience that the Home office only considers matters such as death/deceased or acute family oriented emergency on health grounds as the only criterion for Urgent Processing.

I had applied for an Urgent Processing request on ground of project related deadlines and they did not revert on time. Even when they did, they asked me to withdraw the application.

I did not withdraw and they took their own sweet time to process my application - while i had to make a few sacrifices.

suhas.choulgere
Newly Registered

Keep the faith

Post by suhas.choulgere » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm

I owe it to this forum to post a reply here. I hope anybody who reads this can draw a breath of peace and clutch onto further strings of hope...coz i've been through quite a bad experience. My chronology is as below:

16 Dec - Submitted application
18 Dec - received acknowledgement
19 Dec - Fees deducted
waited all through Jan and Feb
27 Feb 2009 - called for the first time - got status as "awaiting further consideration"
4 Mar 2009 - send urgent processing request
5 Mar 2009 - called and confirmed receipt of urgent processing request
10 Mar 2009 - send a Fax letter complaining of delay (status still awaiting further consideration)
27 Mar 2009 - received an email from case worker asking me to formally withdraw applicaiton if i wanted passport back - refused this option
called all through April - status still "awaiting further consideration" - even asked them if a dog ate my application. had given up hope by then.
21 Apr - called again to find out my documents were posted that day.
24 Apr - got my visa

All in all 18 weeks for something that takes 6 weeks. In this process i learnt that the general lifecycle for an application is :
IN QUEUE -> AWAITING CONSIDERATION --> UNDER CONSIDERATION (this is when the caseworker is working on your case. it stays in this state for a few hours) -> (if additional validation is required) AWAITING FURTHER CONSIDERATION --> (if validation documents have come back, and caseworker has to inspect it) AWAITING CONSIDERATION --> UNDER CONSIDERTION (while looking at it) --> DOCUMENTS POSTED.

please note that it may go to AWAITING FURTHER CONSIDERATION for many iterations depending on what is being checked. This is what i learnt, please feel free to contradict me if you think otherwise.

For those who are waiting, hold on... if your documents are genuine, you will come through. All the best !

horizon123
Newly Registered

Sharing my experience

Post by horizon123 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I would like to share my experience.
I submitted my application for switch to Tier 1 from WP on 18th March from UK. I received ack from home office on 19th March. Money was deducted on 20th March.
Last week I submitted urgent treatment request as my grandfather is not keeping well back in India and I was advised to visit him asap. I faxed the urgent treatment form, explanation letter for the same and medical certificate as proof. I was waiting all week but did not get any response. On Monday I called ukba to get updates and they said my app was awaiting further consideration. After few min I received a call from the case worker. She said that she took up my app immediately after receiving my urgent treatment request which means they considered my request. But she was not able to reach my employer last week. She could reach them only on Monday and called me to inform the same. And that should be true b'coz everytime I tried to reach my HR, I had to call her atleast 10 times before I could speak to her. She asked me to push my employer to send her the requested information asap. Irrespective of explaining my HR how urgent it was, she took her own sweet time and sent the requested info late afternoon yesterday. The case worker then mailed me and said that she had approved my application and it should be posted tomorrow (i.e today). It was really very sweet of her. She did the best she can to help me.
But sometime back I called HO again to get the status. I was expecting it to be posted but they said its under consideration. Not sure why :(

kams19

Re: Sharing my experience

Post by kams19 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:01 pm

horizon123 wrote:Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I would like to share my experience.
I submitted my application for switch to Tier 1 from WP on 18th March from UK. I received ack from home office on 19th March. Money was deducted on 20th March.
Last week I submitted urgent treatment request as my grandfather is not keeping well back in India and I was advised to visit him asap. I faxed the urgent treatment form, explanation letter for the same and medical certificate as proof. I was waiting all week but did not get any response. On Monday I called ukba to get updates and they said my app was awaiting further consideration. After few min I received a call from the case worker. She said that she took up my app immediately after receiving my urgent treatment request which means they considered my request. But she was not able to reach my employer last week. She could reach them only on Monday and called me to inform the same. And that should be true b'coz everytime I tried to reach my HR, I had to call her atleast 10 times before I could speak to her. She asked me to push my employer to send her the requested information asap. Irrespective of explaining my HR how urgent it was, she took her own sweet time and sent the requested info late afternoon yesterday. The case worker then mailed me and said that she had approved my application and it should be posted tomorrow (i.e today). It was really very sweet of her. She did the best she can to help me.
But sometime back I called HO again to get the status. I was expecting it to be posted but they said its under consideration. Not sure why :(
Hi Horizon,
from the past experience in this forum, it seems sometimes UKBA takes much longer to update the status in their system. I mean people get their passport n stuff back n still it says UC or AWC...
so dont worry, i think u shd rely on the caseworker's words.
Hope to see ur application recd msg soon!
Cheers,
Kams

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 am

applied on 25th feb,2009
Got reject on 25th march
Applied for AR on 6th April,2009
Got Approval for Tier 1 on 26th April,2009

Need to submit my passport now

horizon123
Newly Registered

Got my docs today :)

Post by horizon123 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 am

Hi Kams,

Thanks for keeping my morale high :)
I got my passport and other docs today. Immediately booked flight for tonight. I have got my visa stamped on 28th April valid for next 3 yrs.
Very happy today.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone on this forum for all your help. :D

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:59 am

@horizon,

have u already got a ajob there as u r moving there in sucha rush?

horizon123
Newly Registered

Post by horizon123 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 am

[quote="theimmigrant"]@horizon,

have u already got a ajob there as u r moving there in sucha rush?[/quote]

Hi theimmigrant,

Yes I am working here in UK. I have booked flight to India as I want to see my grandfather who is ill.
I was just waiting for my passport.