ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maar

Post by maar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi

I need urgent help from u guys. I have applied tier 1 dependent visa for my newborn, its 6 weeks now but now we have to travel to India urgently to see my grandfather who is ill. I just wanted to check what should i submit for my application to be processed urgently. what documents should I get from the hospital and with what details.

Please help as It is very urgent.

thanks

Philan
Newly Registered

Advice needed

Post by Philan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out with this because this is causing quite a lot of heartache. I went through an agency in Dec. to help me secure my Tier One HSMP Visa (General). It has been a nightmare since I originally sent off my application in late Feb. 2009. There has been a few problems along the way where my application has been returned.

My application recently got returned to me just over a week ago because the caseworker saw the date of 08/08 on Page 8 of the Tier One November 2008 version and thought that we had used the wrong application form. They immediately sent back my application along with my fee of £750. When they wrote a letter to my agent telling them why my application was considered invalid, my agent wrote back to explain that Home Office had made a clerical error, stating that our application form was indeed the correct one and that a mistake occured on the Nov. version of the Tier One HSMP visa application where the date of the previous 08/08 version appeared on page 8 of the Tier One 11/08 version. My agent even cited examples where a Tier One Visa was secured for several of her clients using the same form. We have now re-sent my application for the 3rd time with the enclosed fee and have been given a new reference number.

I am so distressed because of the time that it is taking with so many mistakes being made along the way. My agent has told me not to worry because the mistake lies with Home Office in this instance. When I phoned the HSMP line and spoke to someone, they were even surprised how the caseworker could have made that mistake as the form was correct, only that the date of 08/08 appeared on that one and only page of the Nov. 2008 version.

All it says on Page 8 of the application is the following:
"If you are producing a double-sided copy of this application form, please include this page and make sure it falls on the reverse of the payment details page in the two-sided copy.
For administrative reasons, it is important that the rest of the form begins with Section 2 - Applicant’s Details facing upwards"

The rest of the pages of the application form do not have the date 08/08 on any of the pages.

My application has been re-sent with a covering letter pointing out this error; however the application has been given a new reference number and was re-sent after April 2009. My agent has told me that since the error was made by Home Office, that they should consider the application as when it was originally sent (Feb. 2009). I have enough points to qualify but am worried that they will see the mistake but judge it under the new regulations. I don't have a Masters degree. Can someone point me in the right direction to help me speak to my caseworker so that I can deal with any problems then and there (or to even pre-raise all this information so that it can be passed to my caseworker) just in case they look at it and rule in a way that doesn't secure me an HSMP Visa? Upon reading about my situation, what does everyone think that I should do? Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Phil

bobbyy
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyy » Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 am

theimmigrant wrote:applied on 25th feb,2009
Got reject on 25th march
Applied for AR on 6th April,2009
Got Approval for Tier 1 on 26th April,2009

Need to submit my passport now
Hi theimmigrant,

when you send the documents, you wont send all the documents along with your passport. I am new to this forum, could you provide me guidelines...where did you send the documents... right now i am in USA, I dotnt know where to send the documents...

Thanks.
Bobby

bobbyy
Newly Registered

Re: Got my docs today :)

Post by bobbyy » Sun May 03, 2009 1:22 am

horizon123 wrote:Hi Kams,

Thanks for keeping my morale high :)
I got my passport and other docs today. Immediately booked flight for tonight. I have got my visa stamped on 28th April valid for next 3 yrs.
Very happy today.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone on this forum for all your help. :D
Hi horizon123 and all,

Could you please reply me......
I am confusing my self, when they will take the bio-metrics, when and where to send the documents, how they will take the money, how we know all the information.....

This is basic info, but Please.........reply me guys...

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Fri May 08, 2009 8:49 am

Instead of wasting time with agents, please read the application form carefully and guidance notes as well. There should be no need to use an agent since you are "high skilled".

myhsmpquery
Newly Registered

Anyone who has posted docs in May

Post by myhsmpquery » Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 am

Hi All,

I posted my docs on 5th May and havent received my ack no.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has also applied recently and how is it going so far.
Also how do u check the status of application.

Thanks so much

smacky

Post by smacky » Thu May 14, 2009 8:49 am

I'm happy to announce that I just got a call from my lawyer saying my tier-1 G as been approved.

Thank you all for your support.. my email address is smacky@gmail.com in case anyone has any questions..

My history is as follows:

Student - IGS - PSW - Tier 1 (G)

PSW->Tier 1: (in-country application)
Submitted: 26/03/09
Confirmation letter dated: 30/04/09
Visa Approval Date: 11/05/09
Docs received: 13/05/09

bjames
Newly Registered

Post by bjames » Fri May 15, 2009 5:29 am

Tier 1 Approved!
Thanks for everyone'e help.
Details
Applied - Australia
From WHM -> Tier 1
Recieved at Canberra - 13 Mar 2009
Acceptance Email - 13 May 2009
Documents In Hand - 15 May 2009
Entry Date same as postage date.

Best of luck to everyone else.

vip123
Newly Registered

Post by vip123 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

HI TO ALL MATES OVER HERE I AM ON STUDENT VISA AND APPLYED WITH HSMP APPROVAL LETTER TO TIER 1 G ON 27th MARCH

Applied 27th March
Received Ref letter dated 30th March
Called 12/05 FURTHER consideration
Called 15/05 AWAITING consideration

15/05 AWAITING CONSIDERATION THAT IS TODAY

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY APPLICATION AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES FOR MY VISA STAMPING

MattM
Newly Registered

Post by MattM » Fri May 15, 2009 10:21 am

I just spoke to the home office and they said that a package had been dispatched yesterday. Does anyone know if that means it will arrive today or tomorrow?

ukindian1
BANNED

Re: Urgent Processing request - criterion

Post by ukindian1 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:14 am

suhas.choulgere wrote:@Hoopsy,

It is my experience that the Home office only considers matters such as death/deceased or acute family oriented emergency on health grounds as the only criterion for Urgent Processing.

I had applied for an Urgent Processing request on ground of project related deadlines and they did not revert on time. Even when they did, they asked me to withdraw the application.

I did not withdraw and they took their own sweet time to process my application - while i had to make a few sacrifices.
Guys, please help.............

I am in a similar position as yours as my mother is ill and I am stuck with Tier2 processing here. My form is submitted on 23rd April and still there is no update.

Please can you tell me the following
1. Is it sufficient for medical certificates or do i need to book and submit
flight tickets
2. Any Emergency form to be submitted
3. What is the fax number and right url for more info.

I am trying in UKBA site and going no where..

Many thanks in advance. Truly appreciate your quick response.

Cheers

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 am

Guys
I am waiting for Tier 2 to be approved and my mother is ill. My form is submitted on 23rd April and still there is no update.

flight tickets

I am trying in UKBA site and going around circles.

Cheers

hockeycockey
Newly Registered

Post by hockeycockey » Sat May 16, 2009 7:40 am

ukindian1 wrote:Guys
I am waiting for Tier 2 to be approved and my mother is ill. My form is submitted on 23rd April and still there is no update.

flight tickets

Cheers
I had to go through the same.

I did call the homeoffice for more info. They did provide me with a fax numbere where they asked me to fax the evidence with covering letter. But It didn't really help me. They sent me the docs 2 weeks after the fax was sent. Home Office just ignores the applicants requests. All what the need is £820.

jammysingh

Post by jammysingh » Sun May 17, 2009 4:01 pm

ukindian1 wrote:Guys

flight tickets

Cheers
Contact home office on the number given on acknowledgment letter.And ask how to apply for urgent treatment. I would say you should give it a go.As many people get their applications processed quickly after requesting urgent treatment

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks Guys.. I sent the docs and called them yesterday. First they said there is no urgent treatment but only way is to withdraw. Then I called again and the lady was so kind and checked with the team and informed they are looking into my documents but she didnt confirm on any timelines.
But my tickets are booked for this friday :( Dont know when and what they would confirm.. fingers crossed....

ukindian1
BANNED

Post by ukindian1 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Guys...
Great news to share with you all.. I requested for urgent treatment of application due to my mother's illness and they sent the documents with approval 1 day after my request reached them. I am flying with a valid visa to come back..

Thanks everyone for their inputs..

Best Wishes to all.. Any inputs, do ping me....

Cheers

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Fri May 22, 2009 4:45 am

Happy to hear that. Good wishes for your mother.
TAHIR UL HAQ

alibaykal
Newly Registered

British taught master's degree

Post by alibaykal » Sun May 24, 2009 12:11 am

has anyone applied under the new Tier 1 regulations (after apr 1st) with British taught master's degree equivalent degree?

does HO looking for a research Masters degree or British taught master's degree equivalent degree (NARIC assessment) is also enough to get the 35 points?

Note: points calculator does not award any points.

tahir.ulhaq

Re: Anyone who has posted docs in May

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Sun May 24, 2009 4:33 am

myhsmpquery wrote:Hi All,

I posted my docs on 5th May and havent received my ack no.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has also applied recently and how is it going so far.
Also how do u check the status of application.

Thanks so much
U should at least wait a month equivalent to 20 working days.
TAHIR UL HAQ

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm

I also have one small doubt if VFS India has started accepting Credit Card Payments for Visa Fees or only Cash/DD is accepted?

yaj123
Newly Registered

Post by yaj123 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I applied from UK WP-->Tier 1
Applied on : 27 May 2009
Fee debited on : 03 Jun 2009 (I have given cheque)
Received Reference letter:06 Jun 2009
Visa Stamped : 16 Jun 2009 ( For 3 years)
Passport and All documents Received: 17 Jun 2009
Thanks All
If anyone having any question please let me know thru this forum.

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Processing Time

Post by c_pgarik » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am

Hi yaj,

Congrats on getting the tier-1!!! Have u applied from India?

I am planning to apply for Tier-1 during 1st week of July from india. How many days do i need to wait for the visa once i submit the application? i might go for an onsite-assignment in August 1st or 2nd week...

Can any one tell me the approximate no: of days to get the visa once we submit the application?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Pav.

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Hi--Got an offer from UK company

Post by c_pgarik » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:05 am

Hi,

I am planning to submit application for tier-1 visa on 7th of July 2009 in Bangalore. I got an offer from one of the company in UK, where they have given me the joining date as August 1st week.

My question here is do i need to submit the offer letter that i got from Uk along with the application? will this give some weight to my application?

Swift response is appreciated..

Thanks,
Pav.

hoopsy

Re: Hi--Got an offer from UK company

Post by hoopsy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm

c_pgarik wrote:Hi,

I am planning to submit application for tier-1 visa on 7th of July 2009 in Bangalore. I got an offer from one of the company in UK, where they have given me the joining date as August 1st week.

My question here is do i need to submit the offer letter that i got from Uk along with the application? will this give some weight to my application?

Swift response is appreciated..

Thanks,
Pav.
Hi c_pgarik,

Are you claiming points with this company? It sounds to me that it is a job offer for new employment? I don't see it having any bearing on or adding any weight to your application.
Good things come to those who wait.................

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

hi..

Post by c_pgarik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 am

Hi Hoopsy,

I'm not claiming any points with the company... I have scored 80 points for tier-1.

Thanks for your swift response.

Regards,
Pav