ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

prasadline
Newly Registered

student visa extension

Post by prasadline » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:08 pm

hi

My visa is going to end up this may 30. I would like to apply for student visa extension for more two years to do my MBA. As i hav done my diploma in uk. Can anybody pls let me know about the process which i have to do to get my student visa extension and also would like to know how much amount and how many days i need to maintain the amount in my bank account if necessary?

thanku

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:05 pm

You would need to provide last 3 months bank statement showing the closing balance at least £800 on each statement.

Process is, you need to fill in SET(O) form, would require enrolment letter from college for MBA, Attendance sheet for previous course and lots of prayers.

Best of luck.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 01, 2009 7:21 pm

hamid84 wrote:You would need to provide last 3 months bank statement showing the closing balance at least £800 on each statement.

Process is, you need to fill in SET(O) form, would require enrolment letter from college for MBA, Attendance sheet for previous course and lots of prayers.

Best of luck.
Hello prasadline

The advice above in incorrect. Please see the UKBA website at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

and here:
How to extend a student visa

Please also read the guidance at:
Tier 4 guidance

The SET(O) for is for ILR applications, so don't fill that one in. You also need to show you have enough money for at least 9 months probably. Under the transitional arrangements, if you apply before 1st June you only need to show that you have the money on the day you apply.

This is the table from the UKBA website:
Length of course Where you will study Maintenance (funds) needed

Nine months or less - In London:
Course fees and £800 to cover living costs for each calendar month of the course
Nine months or less - Outside London:
Course fees and £600 to cover living costs for each calendar month of the course
More than nine months - In London:
First year of fees and £7,200 to cover living costs for nine months in the United Kingdom
More than nine months - Outside London:
First year of fees and £5,400 to cover living costs for nine months in the United Kingdom
Please check that the college/uni you want to go to is on the sponsor's register here:

Regsiter of sponsors

They will need to give you a "certificate of sponsorship", which is basically a unique reference number you will need to use to apply. Again, read the guidance and look at the website before you even consider applying.

Regards

PP