ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European Residency

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobs
Newly Registered

European Residency

Post by Bobs » Fri May 07, 2004 10:49 am

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen. I am studying Master in IT in Australia from last one year. I have 4 years of IT experience. I am well certified from Oracle and Microsoft corporation. I am of 28 years now. There is 1 year left for completion of my Master. I have studied 4 years of bachelor of enineering.

I wanted to know whether I am elligible to apply for Permanent residency in Europe (any country).

Thanks and regards

Amit

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri May 07, 2004 7:26 pm

Residency straight away - no! (unless because of marriage etc.)

If you going for work route, you need to find a company to sponsor you for a work permit first (i.e. prove they can't employ someone in EU and need you - very hard these days if out of the country) and you then get temporary residency. You qualify for permanent after certain amount of time only (e.g. 4 years in UK).

Perhaps a better option for you might be HSMP (like a work permit, but you get it yourself, not the company, which allows you to work anywhere in your industry) in the UK. Still, it doesn't give you permanent residency until you lived+worked there in that category for 4 years. Check UK board for more info.

Hope it helped.