ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Change of address - Do I have to inform Home Office?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsab85

EEA2 - Change of address - Do I have to inform Home Office?

Post by dsab85 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:46 am

Hi,

my wife has had her EEA2 Residence Permit for 2 years now. We will now be moving for the first time since she received it.

Do we have to inform the Home Office? If so, how does it have to be done? Can I just call them or do I have to use a specific form?

Regards,
dsab

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 - Change of address - Do I have to inform Home Offi

Post by Rozen » Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm

dsab85 wrote:Hi,

my wife has had her EEA2 Residence Permit for 2 years now. We will now be moving for the first time since she received it.

Do we have to inform the Home Office? If so, how does it have to be done? Can I just call them or do I have to use a specific form?

Regards,
dsab
Not necessary. Unless ofcourse you have some sort of application pending with them.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Regards,
dsab
You would only need to inform the Home Office if UK citizens were also required to notify the Home Office when they move house.

Since UK citizens will only be required to do this when ID cards are introduced, then you are fine.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Rozen wrote:

Regards,
dsab
Not necessary. Unless ofcourse you have some sort of application pending with them.
Think so!

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:34 am

hi there i would advise you to contact the homeoffice and update your adress with them.
the adress to use is the one on top of the letter you receive with your RC.
just send a mail usually answered within a month.
the reason is that sometime the HO might contact you and the last thing you want is to be stopped a the border about any issue.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 20, 2009 8:18 am

abidjan1 wrote:... the reason is that sometime the HO might contact you and the last thing you want is to be stopped a the border about any issue.
There is almost no reason the family member of an EU citizen can be legally stopped at the border. Only if they become threat to national security, become a specific major public policy issue, or they and their EU citizen spouse move out of the UK.

There is no need to update the home office of your address.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sun May 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
abidjan1 wrote:... the reason is that sometime the HO might contact you and the last thing you want is to be stopped a the border about any issue.
There is almost no reason the family member of an EU citizen can be legally stopped at the border. Only if they become threat to national security, become a specific major public policy issue, or they and their EU citizen spouse move out of the UK.

There is no need to update the home office of your address.
Thats being nervous Abidjan! Its not anywhere, not even on HO website. Is the OP afraid of anything, as long as there is no requirement to register with police, you're ok.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm

abidjan1 wrote:hi there i would advise you to contact the homeoffice and update your adress with them.
the adress to use is the one on top of the letter you receive with your RC.
just send a mail usually answered within a month.
the reason is that sometime the HO might contact you and the last thing you want is to be stopped a the border about any issue.
Heh..? :roll: