ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to find English Job in France ??

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gemma
Newly Registered

Is it possible to find English Job in France ??

Post by gemma » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:56 pm

HI, all,

My husband is Fench, I am Chinese, I am holidng EEA family resident document, and we are both living and working in UK at the moment. I am working as a application developer in a post-production company in london. I got my uni degrees in UK and have been here for 4 yrs.

We are planning to move to France later on. I can't speak French, and I am really worried whether I could find a English peaking job in France, not english teacher, or chinese teacher kind, but descent job: sth IT-related or consultantcy. so I could use spare time to learn French. Is it possible ? Or they definitely require high level French.

Another quesiton, if we have kids born in UK (we don't have at the moment). what's the kid's nationality ?

Any suggestions or informatioin is greatly appreicated !!!

Thanks a lot.

gani999

Re: Is it possible to find English Job in France ??

Post by gani999 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:05 pm

gemma wrote:HI, all,

My husband is Fench, I am Chinese, I am holidng EEA family resident document, and we are both living and working in UK at the moment. I am working as a application developer in a post-production company in london. I got my uni degrees in UK and have been here for 4 yrs.

We are planning to move to France later on. I can't speak French, and I am really worried whether I could find a English peaking job in France, not english teacher, or chinese teacher kind, but descent job: sth IT-related or consultantcy. so I could use spare time to learn French. Is it possible ? Or they definitely require high level French.

Another quesiton, if we have kids born in UK (we don't have at the moment). what's the kid's nationality ?

Any suggestions or informatioin is greatly appreicated !!!

Thanks a lot.
It really depends on where you are. If you are in Paris, Marseille, Lyon or any other of the big cities, it shouldn't be a problem, as there are many foreign companies in these places. If, however, you live in the countryside, then you will have problems finding one.

But do remember that no matter where you live, France is a country that is indifferent at best, and positively hostile at the worst, to people who don't speak French. So every job will require at least rudimentary French speaking skills.

If your husband is French then he can help you out and things will be easier, though.