ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kfarooqi
Newly Registered

Investment under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by kfarooqi » Mon May 11, 2009 4:36 pm

I understand that under this category an applicant has to show that he has control of £200,000. Can someone here confrim how much time is allowed to make this full investment in form of a business of businesses after the applicant lands in the United Kingdom. For instance, if I plan on buying two existing businesses in two different stages - first within three months after landing and of worth £110,000 and about six months later invest the remaining £90,000 into buying another existing business. If I follow this route will I satisfy all the conditions for extension (leave to remain) after three years to entry clearance under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Category.

Can someone here please clearify this requirement as I read in the guidance documents that person landing in the UK under this category have to register with HM Revenue & Customs as a Self Employed or Director within three months after the date of entry into UK.

Thanks
KSF

zeevirgo

Re: Investment under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by zeevirgo » Sun May 17, 2009 2:38 am

Hi

well if you have 200K and you get this visa then they gonna issue you 2 years visa so at the time of your visa extension after 2 years you jsut need to show u have spent those 200K and you still have 200K worth business its fine for them.......its up to you how when u spend this money.

yes u have to register with HMRC because u cant trade here without this its legal requirement...and its very simple procedure to do that.....i am accountant here if you need any help let me know in paper work...my email is info@zicc.co.uk.....

cheers

kfarooqi wrote:I understand that under this category an applicant has to show that he has control of £200,000. Can someone here confrim how much time is allowed to make this full investment in form of a business of businesses after the applicant lands in the United Kingdom. For instance, if I plan on buying two existing businesses in two different stages - first within three months after landing and of worth £110,000 and about six months later invest the remaining £90,000 into buying another existing business. If I follow this route will I satisfy all the conditions for extension (leave to remain) after three years to entry clearance under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Category.

Can someone here please clearify this requirement as I read in the guidance documents that person landing in the UK under this category have to register with HM Revenue & Customs as a Self Employed or Director within three months after the date of entry into UK.

Thanks
KSF
ZIC