ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation, when to apply?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 am

vinny wrote:Agree with John. Suggest that you use the Nationality checking service when applying.
Hello - May i know why the recommendation was made to use NCS?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

TinTinTin wrote: Hello - May i know why the recommendation was made to use NCS?
Because they take copies of your documents. Also (anecdotally) the application may be processed more quickly.

amruk
Newly Registered

you thoughts on these wordings

Post by amruk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi

I am in exactly a same situation as this case. I was imposed a fine by the court for a speeding violation - that I accepted at the first instance. The fine was imposed in May 06. The NCS recommended that I should wait until May 11 for the 'spent' period.

However, I looked at section 3.4.2 of Chapter 18 Annexe on Rehab guidelines (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter18/ch18annexd?view=Binary).

It makes me think whether there is a possibility for this to be classified under minor offence "We should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in a bind-over, conditional discharge, admonition or relatively small fine or compensation order where the applicant is of good character in all other respects." There is a foot note at the bottom which says it will not be overlooked if the Fine was upheld by a court after being challenged.

Could I be right?

jes2jes

Re: you thoughts on these wordings

Post by jes2jes » Mon May 18, 2009 2:56 pm

amruk wrote:Hi

I am in exactly a same situation as this case.
I was imposed a fine by the court for a speeding violation
- that I accepted at the first instance. The fine was imposed in May 06. The NCS recommended that I should wait until May 11 for the 'spent' period.

However, I looked at section 3.4.2 of Chapter 18 Annexe on Rehab guidelines (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter18/ch18annexd?view=Binary).

It makes me think whether there is a possibility for this to be classified under minor offence "We should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in a bind-over, conditional discharge, admonition or relatively small fine or compensation order where the applicant is of good character in all other respects." There is a foot note at the bottom which says it will not be overlooked if the Fine was upheld by a court after being challenged.

Could I be right?
Please read the thread carefully:
jojuuu wrote:
vinny wrote:
Agree with John. Suggest that you use the Nationality checking service when applying.

Thanks Vinny, your information really helped me and I feel more confident in applying for Naturalization now.

Jojuuu, please read the guidance before you apply!I am pretty sure you can`t apply just yet.If you still go ahead and apply, you'd certainly lose your money (600 odd quid). They do make allowances for a single breach but ITS ONLY FOR SPEEDING OFFENCES and NOT FOR DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE AND LICENSE!If you still decide to go ahead and apply,I would expect the people at NCS to tell you the same thing..
Praise The Lord!!!!