ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 days short of 5 years for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

sunnyuk
Newly Registered

5 days short of 5 years for ILR

Post by sunnyuk » Fri May 22, 2009 9:06 pm

hi everyone, i would be greatful to u if you could help me with some information.
i am 2 days short to complete the 5 years on work permit to apply for ILR. ( 3/08/04 to 29/07/09). i am worried that when i make an appointment the ukba, they will ask me to extend the work permit first. so should i make a tier2 application. if so, should i apply in person for the extension and how long will they take to process. will the decision be made the same day. how many points should i earn for the extension.
thank you.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri May 22, 2009 10:24 pm

You are normally able to apply for ILR 28 days before you comeplete 5 years, so I am not sure why you think you will have a problem. From the dates you have given, you should be able to apply as at the 2nd of July 2009
'In everything give thanks'

GoodFun

Post by GoodFun » Sat May 23, 2009 9:01 am

Check this tread: Query on ILR qualification

sunnyuk
Newly Registered

few suggestions plz

Post by sunnyuk » Sat May 23, 2009 9:30 pm

hi, thank you for ur reply. after reading few topics i noticed there are few cases like mine. some want to extend their work permit before applying for ILR. if at all i need to apply for extension of the work permit, what is the process and how do i start. any suggestions would be welcome. thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 23, 2009 9:44 pm

I also do not understand why you think you have a problem given, as already pointed out, you can apply for the ILR up to 28 days before the completion of 5 years.
John

sunnyuk
Newly Registered

please read

Post by sunnyuk » Sun May 24, 2009 2:30 pm

hi, thank you for ur reply. the reason im concerned is because when i rang HO to ask when i need to book appt, the operator told me that i need to get extension for work permit first (UNDER TIER2) and then apply for ILR. i dont know whether the operator was trying to mislead me im not sure. any comments and suggestions are welcome.
thank you

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm

when i rang HO to ask when i need to book appt, the operator told me that i need to get extension for work permit first (UNDER TIER2) and then apply for ILR.
Yet another example of the so-called Help Line being very unhelpful!

Based upon the date information you have posted, the ILR application can be made on earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of 03.08.04 = 06.07.09 ... and no later than the expiry date of your current visa = 29.07.09.
John