ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application and unemployment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

quixote44
Newly Registered

ILR application and unemployment

Post by quixote44 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm after reassurance that we won't be throwing away £750 by applying for my wifes ILR whilst we have no income. I took voluntary redundancy from the company I worked for for 20 years and they had a generous redundancy policy, so we have enough money to live on for a couple of years, but otherwise neither of us have any income (though I am entitled to jobseekers allowance at £60 a week for 26 weeks .... and have started to claim that).

So will the ILR application definitely meet or fail the financial requirements for ILR ? or is the outcome uncertain ?

Thanks.

P.S. If it matters .... I'm British and my wife isn't (she has had two lots of FLR(M), but has recently passed the Life in the UK test so she can go for the ILR now). I am looking for work but it's hard to say when an employer will again spot my potential.

fahad

ILR application

Post by fahad » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I have to apply for ILR as a spouse in couple of month. I need to know what kind of document I need for this ILR application.

kind Regards

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm