ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Applicants from Pakistan PLEASE Update Here...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Successful Applicants from Pakistan PLEASE Update Here...

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:38 am

Hello everyone...

I want you friends to please update each other with the current job market there in UK, specially for those who have got their visas and planning to leave for UK in near future...

So, all Pakistani applicants (specifically those who already got visas), please unite here and do share your updates from your collegues/friends/relatives or any contact there in UK about JOB market and share each other what ppl suggest you from there, to get in to the job market in UK...

HOPE to get replies from all pakistanis. Also, those who reached there in UK in recent time, or staying there for long, kindly spare some time and advice us and share your experiences...That will surely be helpful for us and u'll get DUA from us and rewards from GOD..

Regards...
Regards,

Zeeshan

flakhany
Newly Registered

Post by flakhany » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 pm

salam zeeshan

gr8 2 see u. i thought u left the board after getting visa. Nice thread. it will definately benefit us

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am

@flakhany (by the way, what's ur real name?)
Walaikum Assalam Warehmatullah, jeeti rahiye khush rahiye :-) No, I din't leave the board yet, even if you rem, I asked you to stay here when you got your visa :-) hehe...wese, frankly speaking, I got a little clue now, that why ppl flew from here after visa ;-) hahaha...

Anyways, thanks for reply in this thread. I just hope and wish that ppl will gather here and share news and give suggestions for all. Hope, this will work.

Kind Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:18 pm

@ALL
Lets just start it...

I belongs to Telecom field and having 2 yrs of experience, and willing to get even entry level position there in UK Telecom industry.

I got my Tier1-General visa on 6th Feb and still reluctant in making a decision of my travel to UK. As far as advices are concerned, I got mixed one, few peoples say that Economy is really worst there and should not move there right now and some says that despite it is being down, you need to come here and start searching without wasting time. What, I personally feel is:Although the job market have a real slump over there, one need to be confident enough and should face the situation, because the market is not going to be OK in near few months time and to wait for that means you will be having a lesser time in your 3 yrs visa to prove your credibility for its extension... What do you people think and say?

I am really confused and want you all people to come and share their experiences and give advises. Believe me, it will work and remember, ALLAH loves those, who help others.. KEEP IT UP mates...

GOOD LUCK to everyone...

Please keep updating...

Kind Regards,

Zeeshan
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:33 am

Here is an insider view from me. I have lived all my life in the UK and I have been working for the last 7 years. Currently I am in a management position.

Now, as far as the job market is concerned, it is indeed dead. However, I believe, that has made the competition greater and those with real potential are still finding jobs easily.Infact, it took my wife (who is from Pakistan) 3 weeks to find a nice job.

1. Ask yourself about your abilities, and once you are sure, stick by them.

2. CV is the most important thing. Groom it so that it displays what the employer wants to see. You might also want to keep it flexible, so that you can use your CV for different roles in the same career. Check websites for good CV samples in the UK. (My only advice is to keep it short, maximum 3 pages).

3. Even if you have not yet arrived in the UK, log onto www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk. This site will give you an idea about what sort of roles are available and what they are looking for. Ring some recruiters and find out about the process of job hunting.

4. Register with some recruitment agencies as 95% of the recruitment is done using recruitment agencies.

To be very frank, there is NO shortage of jobs/work here in the UK as long as you have the talent and confidence.

If anybody is coming to the Manchester area, send me a private message and I will be able to guide them in their job search better.

Hope it helps
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am

@RIFF

wowww...Thanks alot for your valuable comments sir. It was really encouraging for me as I hasn't got much experience but got the will and confidence on myself to get into the field even if entry level position will be offered to me.

I will definately go to the jobcentre website. Meanwhile, can I ask you that is there any particular period, u think, I should plan my journey? I am thinking of appearing in CCNA exam before coming to UK, so it will take around one month atleast.

Unfortunately, I am not going to stay in manchester rather in Birmingham with my relatives till I got a job(anywhere in UK).

Hope that you will continue to post here for your juniors.

Stay in touch plzz..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Re: Hello

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:
@RIFF

wowww...Thanks alot for your valuable comments sir. It was really encouraging for me as I hasn't got much experience but got the will and confidence on myself to get into the field even if entry level position will be offered to me.

I will definately go to the jobcentre website. Meanwhile, can I ask you that is there any particular period, u think, I should plan my journey? I am thinking of appearing in CCNA exam before coming to UK, so it will take around one month atleast.

Unfortunately, I am not going to stay in manchester rather in Birmingham with my relatives till I got a job(anywhere in UK).

Hope that you will continue to post here for your juniors.

Stay in touch plzz..

Regards,
Try planning your journey after easter (12th April), as usually between Christmas and Easter, the buzz is low. The market picks up after Easter. However, if you want to come earlier, you can sit your CCNA from over here. I understand that CCNA is a CBT( Computer Based Test).

Give me a ring when you get here though, I might be able to have a look-see in the North West for you. My number is +447754071662.

Another piece of advice is to polish your references. Get hold of two impeccable references here in the UK, which should not be relatives of yours.

Don't ever try GumTree for jobs. For odd jobs, till you find a good one, try www.totaljobs.com

Hope this helps.
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:49 am

Hi RiFF,

Thank you so much for your sincere comments and advises for everyone planning to go to UK soon (specially myself). I will definately give u a call once I reach UK, and yes, I am not going to come before 12th April, I think my journey will be in late April.

Sir, I am thinking of getting an odd one once I landed there, coz. I know field job will take some time to come. For odd jobs, I think one have to be there, how can one get a call, if he/she is in pk and applying through website?

Sir, may I know your field? and are u doing job?which visa u are holding? How long u been there for?

Stay in touch please, and keep updating ...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Re: Hello

Post by RiFF » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:48 am

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:
Hi RiFF,

Thank you so much for your sincere comments and advises for everyone planning to go to UK soon (specially myself). I will definately give u a call once I reach UK, and yes, I am not going to come before 12th April, I think my journey will be in late April.

Sir, I am thinking of getting an odd one once I landed there, coz. I know field job will take some time to come. For odd jobs, I think one have to be there, how can one get a call, if he/she is in pk and applying through website?

Sir, may I know your field? and are u doing job?which visa u are holding? How long u been there for?

Stay in touch please, and keep updating ...

Regards,
Yes, you have to be here before you apply for an odd job. I gave you the website to check out the pattern and style of odd jobs available so that you can mentally focus yourself on what you want to do here until you get a good job in your field. PLANNING is very important, and I find most of the people who come here dont have a clue what lies ahead.

My field is Software Quality Assurance and Service Desk Management. I am a manager with the Co-operative Group, one of the biggest financial groups in the UK. My job title is Manager, Service Desk (Internal ICT).

I am a British citizen (second generation Pakistani), so I dont need a visa :)
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:14 am

@RiFF

Hi dear,

Thanks for your intro. Always good to plan in advance for what u are going to do, I agree with you sir. Let me give you a bit of my intro as well, sothat you can guide me more precisely.

I am a Telecom Engineer and rendering my services in this field for the last one and a half year here in Pakistan (khi). I am basically Electronic Engineer and done my specialization (MSc) in Mobile Communication back in 2006 (Dec) from University of Bradford - UK. Right now, I am working in solutions department in WATEEN TELECOM mostly emphasizing on Cisco Products (Routers, Switches and IP Phones) and Polycom products (Video Conferencing). As I told you before that, I have no preference for job in UK market, as just wanted to get in as soon as I get there(even with an entry level position there), in pure mobile industry or IT. About odd job, I thought abt working in big stores (like ASDA,TESCO etc) or will go for an office part time job (using my computer skills).

Hope, u will be able to guide me more accurately in the light of ur experience and knowledge. Hope to hear from you soon in details.

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:27 am

@ALL

Helloooooooooooooooooo..wake up guys and gals, no reply here, looks like that, all successfull mates just flew from forum and don't even bother to help others, share their knowledge to help/assist others planning their journey :( thats really bad. c'mon, start sharing as much knowledge abt UK job market and ur plans as u can.

@Flakhany
where are u? I think left forum.hmmmmm...reply plzzz..

@RiFF
How are you sir? hope u doing fine...I am planning my journey in second week of April InshaAllah...hope to meet u soon. Stay connected plz.. and update..

Hoping to get posts from all...

Best Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:53 am

@ALL

Hello everybody..Hope u all doing fine there...Whats up? Update from my side is that, I am going to UK in second week of April on Tier1 General visa. Although, I am getting horrible news and facts from the job market there in uk but still I beleive that, persistant strive, calm and composed approach towards your goal and to keep positive hopes will definately work and InshaAllah will cater me a job soon.

Just need prayers from you all... I am disappointed to see that most of the members just flew from here (discussion), after getting their visas :( c'mon, stay in touch and keep updating...

GOOD LUCK to everyone...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:57 pm

I couldnt reply earlier because I was in Austria for a business meeting.

I have saved and streamlined your information, so when you come here, give me a buzz and inshallah i will do enough for you to stand on your own two feet and then prosper.

Looking forward to meet you.
Skeptic

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:25 am

@hhsmp
Congratulations dear! Lots of hopes and wishes for your future...Thanks alot for remembering me, I took it as my duty to help others dear, u welcome :) Ahaan, good to hear that u from Telecom too. When you are planning to go there now ? I am going in second week of April. Where are u from in pk? Can we meet or atleast talk and discuss things? GOOD LUCK to you...

@RiFF
Hello dear, Thanks alot for remembering me. Sure, I will let u know once I will be there, that is in second week of April, u must be having good off days there, on account of Easter (2nd week of April)? Thanks again for your concern. GOD Bless YOU!

@ALL
Everyone who's applied and waiting for outcome, GOOD LUCK everyone. Advise is just to be patient and Pray for urself and all others.

Best Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 am

@ALL

Hellooooooooooooooo.....Looks like, everyone is sleeping here :) c'mon, wake up ppl and update here regarding your traveling plan and information about UK job market these days...

Good luck everyone..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:20 pm

@ALL

How are you all there? I am OK Alhumdulillah. This is my first post after my departure from Pakistan to UK. Little update for you all here; the job scenerio isn't that good here, and thats true. But I personally feel that it isn't that bad at all and one can find job here once being patient and consistant in applying. Weather is getting better day by day. Don't wanna say much right now as it is early to say something about job market in this short time, HOPING for the best anyways!

Need Prayers from you all here.

GOODLUCK to everyone.

@RiFF

Hello there. How are you doing? I am here atlast. I am staying with few relatives of mine here in Birmingham and applying for jobs since 12th April. Not really getting positive response yet but I am positive. Where are you these days? Can you assist me in job search? This is a buzz for you. Reply me soon please.

Meet you soon InshaAllah.

GOD Bless You.

Best REgards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:21 am

after the initial rejection, they have asked for my passport , after i have applied for admin review.

I dont want to come to UK before next 6 months. Can any one advise me wat to do for this?

I am yet to send my passport to get stamped.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 am

SALAM;

Update from myside is not much encouraging, sorry about that you all. I came here in UK on 12th April and still can't find any job. Need prayers.

GOOD LUCK you all.

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

ALee_80

Re: Hi

Post by ALee_80 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 pm

go2zeeshan2004 wrote:SALAM;

Update from myside is not much encouraging, sorry about that you all. I came here in UK on 12th April and still can't find any job. Need prayers.

GOOD LUCK you all.

Regards,
Hi Zeeshan,

You do realise dont you that it's only been a month since you got here. Have some faith and some patience. You surely don't think an employer would prefer you over a person who's got years of UK experience in the same field as yours, and believe you me, there are thousands of such people out there who have unfortunately been made redundant due to the severe downturn. Having said that, there are still opportunities to be had if one looks in the right places at the right time. Seems like you did the same degree from Bradford a year later than some of my friends did. Some of them have got jobs - some don't...

Listen, give us a shout in this forum if you want to and I'll speak to my friends about you. They would know where to look for these kind of jobs. Unfortuantely, I personally can't help you in this regard, because I am an automotives man.

I'd also like to point out that strategically, you are well placed in B'ham since its bang in the middle of the country and has good transport links. Plus the Midlands is also England's industrial hub. So stick here if you can.

Good luck and hope I can be of help to you!
Ali
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:17 pm

@ALee_80
Thanks alot Ali for your post. I know, you are right, its one month here for me but it has 30 days in it and 30*24 hours and so on...so, its not that I havn't got my field job, but I am not been successful yet in getting an odd(part-time) job which means, no income and just expense, which u beleive me, is a nightmare.

I have done MSc in Personal Mobile and Satellite Communication from University of Bradford in 2006. As a field job, just wanna get into the IT or Telecom industry (even entry level/Trainee/Internship position). Kindly, contact your friends and let me know updates in this regard. It might work for me to be there at right position on right time (as u said in your post).

I am positive and confident, InshaAllah, I will get one soon. Need your DUA and looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Sun May 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Please don't give your travelling planning. Just give when you applied and got your visa and under what category. This thread is meant for this.
TAHIR UL HAQ

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 am

I applied for Tier 1 General from Islamabad, Pakistan. Following is my case detail.
Application date 6/10/2009
Application Collected 7/7/2009

I have been given the "D - Tier 1 (General) Migrant". Is this typo error or, this is the right visa type? Please clear the meaning of the "D" letter prefixed in the visa title.
salloo