ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UAE (Dubai) National Bonds as proof of maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leeboydxb
Newly Registered

UAE (Dubai) National Bonds as proof of maintenance funds

Post by leeboydxb » Sun May 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi,
Has anyone applied for Tier1 General showing UAE (Dubai) National Bonds as proof of funds.
Though its mentioned at the back of the bonds certificate, that the amt is redeemable after 30days, is it acceptable as easily convertable cash. I've spoken to UAE (Dubai) National Bonds requesting from them a letter stating that the money is easily and quickly redeemable upon request, but they refuse to issue me a letter.
Should I take a chance and apply - I have the original bond cert. with more than the reqd. funds from Aug 08. My current a/c doesnt have sufficient funds to show.
Advise and suggestions requested.
Thanks in advance,
LG

Edo

Re: UAE (Dubai) National Bonds as proof of maintenance funds

Post by Edo » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 pm

leeboydxb wrote:Hi,
Has anyone applied for Tier1 General showing UAE (Dubai) National Bonds as proof of funds.
Though its mentioned at the back of the bonds certificate, that the amt is redeemable after 30days, is it acceptable as easily convertable cash. I've spoken to UAE (Dubai) National Bonds requesting from them a letter stating that the money is easily and quickly redeemable upon request, but they refuse to issue me a letter.
Should I take a chance and apply - I have the original bond cert. with more than the reqd. funds from Aug 08. My current a/c doesnt have sufficient funds to show.
Thanks in advance,
LG
The instructions clearly state that bonds are not acceptable as proof of maintenance so unfortunately you cant use them.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi,

I think your query is already answered in another thread by push_hsmp.

Anyway bonds are not accepted unless you are James Bond. Kidding. :D
leeboydxb wrote:Hi,
Thanks in advance,
LG

Edo

Post by Edo » Sun May 24, 2009 6:25 pm

chetanojha wrote: Anyway bonds are not accepted unless you are James Bond. Kidding. :D
I'm not sure even if being a James Bond can help. We are talking about the UKBA staff here. Most of them are only GCSE passed so what do THEY know about anything in the world other than their 9-5 public sector jobs?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun May 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Edo wrote:
chetanojha wrote: Anyway bonds are not accepted unless you are James Bond. Kidding. :D
I'm not sure even if being a James Bond can help. We are talking about the UKBA staff here. Most of them are only GCSE passed so what do THEY know about anything in the world other than their 9-5 public sector jobs?
And everyone knows that you get a mark or 2 for getting your name and the date right on GCSEs nowadays...

Edo

Post by Edo » Sun May 24, 2009 8:35 pm

meats wrote: And everyone knows that you get a mark or 2 for getting your name and the date right on GCSEs nowadays...
Really? That makes the game even tougher for the future UKBA employees. How the hell are they going to get those 2 extra points with that level of knowledge? :D

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun May 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Edo wrote:
meats wrote: And everyone knows that you get a mark or 2 for getting your name and the date right on GCSEs nowadays...
Really? That makes the game even tougher for the future UKBA employees. How the hell are they going to get those 2 extra points with that level of knowledge? :D
I think they look at the name tags in their school uniforms and memorise them before the exams! Apparently that makes them overqualified and they automatically become team leaders at the UKBA! :lol:

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun May 24, 2009 8:55 pm

[quote="leeboydxb"]Hi,
Thanks in advance,
LG[/quote]

Hello,
I applied for Tier1 from Dubai in April 09 and was refused due to the National Bonds. THat was the only reason as they dont accept this as proof of funds.
Suggest if you are serious about Tier 1 and then transfer funds to your own bank account and wait for 3 months to ensure you have all requirements covered.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Edo

Post by Edo » Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 pm

meats wrote:
Edo wrote:
I think they look at the name tags in their school uniforms and memorise them before the exams! Apparently that makes them overqualified and they automatically become team leaders at the UKBA! :lol:
Do you think they come on this forum to see what we actually think of them? :?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon May 25, 2009 9:05 am

Edo wrote:
meats wrote:
Edo wrote:
Do you think they come on this forum to see what we actually think of them? :?
I don't think they have sufficient intelligence to do that. I reckon that the majority of them also marry their rubber stamps.

Edo

Post by Edo » Mon May 25, 2009 8:58 pm

meats wrote:I don't think they have sufficient intelligence to do that. I reckon that the majority of them also marry their rubber stamps.
lol, thats quite a funny one. I think thats a match made in heaven. Although I'd still like to avoid them if I could. :P

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon May 25, 2009 9:13 pm

bonds are not acceptable.