ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherlypk

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Post by sherlypk » Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 am

Hi,

Finally, call letter is issued for my mother. We have booked an appointment for 18 June 2009 which is the earliest one as per Gerry's Karachi for British High Commission in Pakistan.

Any idea how long will it take afterwards to stamp a visa.

Regards,

Sherly

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am

About 8-10days after handing the passport into Gerrys. Your mum is then free to join you here in the UK for a long and well deserved holiday. It is a pity its being such a polava trying to get this visa in the first place.

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 am

My sis was issued calling letter 6 months after appeal was allowed and she had appointment today. She is told that passport will be returned in 1-1.5 months. Lets see.

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Thu May 28, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Rex,

Did she apply from PK.

Regards,

Sherly

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 pm

yes , Islamabad , PK

mna8

Post by mna8 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:24 am

Hi,

My friend applied on 27th May, after his appeal was sucessful. He applied from Islamabad and they mentioned could take upto 2 months. Lets keep posted to each other. He applied under workpermit. Can we check the progress on Gerrys web site if yes what should be the ref. no. and how many digits.

Thanks
mna

mwaqas

Re: Appeal Allowed Visit Visa Stamped Timings for Islamabad?

Post by mwaqas » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm

sherlypk wrote:Hi,

Finally, call letter is issued for my mother. We have booked an appointment for 18 June 2009 which is the earliest one as per Gerry's Karachi for British High Commission in Pakistan.

Any idea how long will it take afterwards to stamp a visa.

Regards,

Sherly
Hi sherlypk,

Would you please tell me wat sort of documents did you sent to your mom and what other documents she submitt from pak. cuz i am nearly sponsor my mom to visit me .

Hope to get answer from you .thanks

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Can you please share what kind of reciept was given to your visitors on passport submission.

My sis is given 'Visa consignment form'

It is kind of pre-printed form which the officr filled in by hand with her name & passport number.

It has got no tracking number and also on Gerry's site there is no way to track.

She was told that she will get a call in 4-6 weeks time.

Let see.

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Mwaqas,

I have attached following docs.

1) Employment Letter
2) Payslips
3) Tenancy Agreement
4) Council Tax
5) Bank Statement of my self and her account

Regards,

SherlyPK

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Guys,

Bit off topic but it's about gerry's karachi office so writing it here.

My wife is expecting and i would like to invite both my mother and mother in-law before delivery. I'm bit confused should i apply both passports together or one at a time, will it make any difference?

I've heard embassy taking really long these days? or its appointment to gerrys taking long?

Also do they need all originals like bank statements and payslips?

Many Thanks
Faraz

nilli
Newly Registered

Post by nilli » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Faraz & Shirly

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news. I won a visit visa appeal in February and my sis-in-law submitted her passport with a calling letter at Gerry's (lahore) on 6th April. We are still awaiting for the passport to come back. I'v sent numerous emails and my sis-in-law has called Gerrys on several occaisions. All we get told is that the passport is still in process at ISB embassy and timescale in 'INDEFINATE'!!!
I hope you guys don't have to wait this long also. Please let me know if you get early replies.
Good Luck Guys - we all need it!!!!!!

scholarshk

Any progress everyone ?

Post by scholarshk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:00 pm

I too submitted my PP, TB.C and copy of HSMP approval letter on 27th May @ Gerrys Khi and got the Visa Consignment note.

Either I heard the Gerrys lady wrongly or she gave the wrong statement to ask for the passport after 4 or 5 days. May be she said 4 or 5 WEEKS :(

Anyways, still waiting.

Please update the time lines everyone.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 am

sherylpk

Have you got anywhere with your matter. If not heard anything, ring them or email asking why its taking so long

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Khan,

She hasn't applied yet. There is a long wait in getting appointments at Gerrys KHI for Appeal cases and InshaAllah she will b e applying on Thursday 18 June.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get any information.

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 pm

My wife's was submitted on 25th MAy at Mirpur.... STill waiting same status:--
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:15 am

My mother passport is submitted today. She was told that it will take around 21 Days and Gerry's will contact her.

msraza
Newly Registered

Post by msraza » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 am

Similar situation here. My 92 year old grandfathers appeal was approved and submitted his passport for visa at Gerrys Islamabad.
Were told we would get notified in around 21 days.

It has now been just over 2 months and no idea whats going on.
Have not been given any kind of tracking info to use on website. Gerrys told us that people with successful appeals are not given tracking info and cannot track. All other applicants except 'appeal' cases are given tracking info.
Could somebody confirm that info

Anyway it has now been over two months and no information. We keep getting the same thing from Gerrys 'please call again and check tomorrow'! Anyone using the Gerrys call centres will know that is very expensive. They charge extortionate amounts of money for the phone calls, which quite frankly add up and are unaffordable.

But the thing which worries me the most is the fact that if you visit the Gerrys office in Islamabad you will allways find cutthroat agents outside asking for anything up to 50000 rupees and caiming that we can have the passport in our hands in a matter of days???

If there is any truth or substance to their claims then is Gerrys holding on to the passports for monetary gain?? Probably not but I had to have my rant in the vain hope that I would be able to justify the time taken and feel better.

I dont feel better and hope this situation is resolved for my grandfather and for everyone else in the same aggravating waiting game.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 am

You need to contact the British embassy via email not Gerrys to find out why its taking so long .

Gerrys will not be able to tell you this. Gerrys are only handling agents. They do not make any decision in your grandad's case.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

This what the BHC in Islamabad should do once an appeal is won in the UK. They are not complying with their own instructions. I have complained about this and I suggest other people do the same, otherwise they will just be allowed to carry on doing this and getting people cheesed off. Complaining info is below
Visa comments and complaints

If you wish to complain about the service you received from visa staff at this High Commission, please address your complaint in writing to

Feedback
Deputy Director Visa Services
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
PO Box 1122
Ramna-5
Islamabad
Or you can e-mail your complaint to visqry2.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

APL2.15 Appeal allowed - contacting the appellant

APL2.15.1 What is the timeframe?
Once Post is notified of an allowed appeal, the appellant should, within a maximum of three weeks, either be invited to resubmit their passport so that a visa can be issued or, (in a limited number of cases), so that a visa can be re-refused. Unreasonable delays in contacting appellants with allowed appeals often result in complaints and requests for judicial review.

APL2.15.2 Keeping a record of events
Record on PROVISO the allowed determination and the date received in Post. It is important that the allowed appeal is recorded on Proviso, in case the appellant enquires after the file is weeded.

All attempt(s) to make contact with the appellant should also be recorded on PROVISO, clearly stating the date, time (where applicable) and contact address used eg home address x as on appeal notice dated y. This is in order to be able to demonstrate that reasonable attempt(s) were made to contact the appellant using contact information provided by the appellant.

APL2.15.3 How to make contact

* a single e-mail to the appellant’s last known e-mail address. (If such an e-mail "bounces back" or undeliverable report received, post should record this on PROVISO and then send a paper letter); or
* a single letter to the appellant’s last known postal address (in countries where the postal system is reliable); or
* a letter to the appellant’s last known postal address - with a bring up for 6 weeks for a reminder letter if nothing heard from the appellant (in countries where the postal system is considered less reliable).

scholarshk

Complain

Post by scholarshk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:17 am

Its good to complain. But the APL 2.15.1 section you quoted i.e. "Unreasonable delays in contacting appellants with allowed appeals often result in complaints and requests for judicial review" is regarding sending the Call-in letter by BHC.

We can complain that the time frame informed by Gerrys was 21 days and now this much time has passed.

I don't know why we (including me) forget to ask in detail when they'll return the passport. I request all who have not yet submitted their passport against the call-in letter to ask the gerry's person about this in detail. Esp. by 21 days or any number of days, they mean 21 calendar days or 21 working days i.e. excluding Saturday and Sundays.

scholarshk

Progress

Post by scholarshk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Any progress any one ?

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 am

We were told 21 days but when I was checking Gerry's site there is a press release about current processing time which say it is normally taking 6 weeks to process the visa application at Karachi.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:11 am

Hi all,

I won my settlement appeal on 12 May 2009 and got the call letter on 28th May 2009. I have submitted my passport on 12th June 2009. Even i have emailed BHC Islamabad regarding the time frame they are taking on allowed appeal cases. They said my passport is being processed so i have to be patient and i will get the reply soon. Still i have not get any reply yet.

Gerry's told me to wait for 1 month. It means i have to wait 30 working days. Damn. I don't know why BHC Islamabad taking so long on allowed appeal cases. Lets pray we all get the passport back soon.

Kindly update if any1 gets the positive reply.

You guys can contact me on my email. Its Haroonbintariq@hotmail.com

Regards,

Haroon

scholarshk

Patience advice

Post by scholarshk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I e-mailed BHC Islamabad to enquire about the time line. I also got reply that application is under process and that my patience in this regard is appreciated.

I too wonder why they're taking so much time for Allowed appeal, are they still planning to research and find any lame reason for rejection !

5 weeks have passed now. After 6 weeks, I'll start my e-mail bombardment to BHC :))

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 pm

scholarshk,

When did you submit you application to gerry's. I tried to call BHC but they are so rude. They dont talk over the phone. I hope they will issue us the visa asap. Should we contact home office and ask for their assistance. Dont know what to do.

Regards,

Haroon