ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does "medical envelope in transit" mean?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

parmak
Newly Registered

What does "medical envelope in transit" mean?

Post by parmak » Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 am

My husband applied for his UK setllement visa 3 weeks ago and now his application status says "Medical envelope in transit".
What does this mean? Does it mean he will soon revceive a letter in the post asking him to go for a medical?

What are the next steps after that?

Thanks!

vinpat1
Newly Registered

Post by vinpat1 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:38 am

Hi

This means his medical details are on their way to the VFS office. The status will change to 'Medical evelope ready for collection' once it reaches there. When this happens ask him to call VFS and make sure the envelope is actually ready for collection,then if yes, go collect it. A tip, for the medical, make sure the appointment is taken towards the beginning of the week.

Details such as location and He will have to make an appointment for the Medical.

The status will then change to 'Medical envelope collected on'

After the medical has been carried out, the results will be passed to the BHC who will make a descision.

The status will remain ''Medical envelope collected on' until the descision has been made.Wait for a about 10-12 days then call the BHC in India for an update.

Hope this helps

parmak
Newly Registered

Post by parmak » Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 am

Thank you so much vinpat1, this is very helpful, makes it all much clearer to me.

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Parmak, Where in Inida did your husband apply from?
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

parmak
Newly Registered

Post by parmak » Fri May 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Prem, he applied at Ahmedabad.

We were told by others that if we'd applied at Mumbai, maybe things would have been twice as speedier but we weren't able to go there. Still it is ok.

Puchungita
Newly Registered

Post by Puchungita » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi parmak, my husband also applied last week from Mexico Office, can you please tell me where do you check the status of your application. Can you paste the link.

Thanks a lot

parmak
Newly Registered

Post by parmak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Puchungita,

this is where I have been checking the status;
https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTrac ... tatus.aspx

But if your husband applied from Mexico, you may need a different link, as the above one was from the VFS site for India. Try it and see :)

hope that helps.

Vinpat - like you said, the status changed and my husband collected his medical forms today. thanks!

parmak
Newly Registered

Post by parmak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Puchungita,

this is where I have been checking the status;
https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTrac ... tatus.aspx

But if your husband applied from Mexico, you may need a different link, as the above one was from the VFS site for India. Try it and see :)

hope that helps.

Vinpat - like you said, the status changed and my husband collected his medical forms today. thanks!