ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this adviceable...!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Is this adviceable...!!!

Post by coolsats » Sun May 31, 2009 7:31 am

Dear Friends,

Is it advisable to stay in Southhall and attend interviews in central London.
I heard that Southhall would turn out to be much cheaper than any other place. So, i was thinking of considering it. What do you people suggest, can i go ahead and stay in this place, or you people can suggest something better.......

How far is Southhall from central London and how much time will it take to reach there.

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun May 31, 2009 10:56 am

How long will you need the accommodation for?

ChetanOjha

Re: Is this adviceable...!!!

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

I was under impression that Wembley is cheaper as people are providing PG accomodation.
To be honest, if you have some friends in London or nearby stay with them for a week or two and then move to other place. Landing to accomodation in southall may be tricky as you have not seen the place and also you don't know much about the place.

Besides staying in southall and attending interviews in Central London is fine as Southall is in London itself and is 20-30 minutes away from Central London.
coolsats wrote:Dear Friends,

Is it advisable to stay in Southhall and attend interviews in central London.
I heard that Southhall would turn out to be much cheaper than any other place. So, i was thinking of considering it. What do you people suggest, can i go ahead and stay in this place, or you people can suggest something better.......

How far is Southhall from central London and how much time will it take to reach there.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Sun May 31, 2009 11:48 am

@Pyke,

I would need the accommodation for around 3 months, longer if i get a job...but initially i ll be there for 3 months.....
Can you suggest anything or you have any accommodation for me..
Am coming up with the mindset that i don't have to go back to India, and can settle myself in here....
Let s see what destiny have in store for me...

@chetan,

Dear, i don't know anybody in London. If you know some of your friend who can accommodate me for a week or so, i ll pay whatever the weekly charges are, and then i can hang around for a while and look for my own accommodation...
Looking for some friendly hand...

pankaj25
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj25 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 pm

staying in southall or wembley can be cheaper than other areas but these areas are not really safe in night.There is also heavy traffic throughout the day.I would personally suggest you try look for accommodation in hounslow,osterley as these areas are safer and u have piccadily line to travel to central london.Many students,migrants from asian communities stay over there hence nice place to spend time as well.But again,it is my personal opinion.

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

coolsats wrote:@Pyke,

I would need the accommodation for around 3 months, longer if i get a job...but initially i ll be there for 3 months.....
Am coming up with the mindset that i don't have to go back to India, and can settle myself in here....

@chetan,

Dear, i don't know anybody in London. If you know some of your friend who can accommodate me for a week or so, i ll pay whatever the weekly charges are, and then i can hang around for a while and look for my own accommodation...
Was minded to ignore your request given your unacceptable rants, personal attacks and boastfulness. It seems you have regained humility- so here it goes:

Its not advisable to look for long-term settlement before reaching UK. Find a temp accomodation for yourself and then look around. Although the job scene is not great, you might be lucky and get something decent soon and you dont want to be stuck with a 1 year/6 month tenancy. One good option is Indian YMCA which is in the heart of central London and 6 month acco with Indian B/fast+ Dinner comes for GBP500 pm - pretty neat deal. Many other ppl try to get some kind of a shared acco. Try looking for such offers on loot.com.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 pm

100% agree with push.
push_hsmp wrote:
coolsats wrote:@Pyke,

@chetan,

Was minded to ignore your request given your unacceptable rants, personal attacks and boastfulness. It seems you have regained humility- so here it goes:

Its not advisable to look for long-term settlement before reaching UK. Find a temp accomodation for yourself and then look around. Although the job scene is not great, you might be lucky and get something decent soon and you dont want to be stuck with a 1 year/6 month tenancy. One good option is Indian YMCA which is in the heart of central London and 6 month acco with Indian B/fast+ Dinner comes for GBP500 pm - pretty neat deal. Many other ppl try to get some kind of a shared acco. Try looking for such offers on loot.com.

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Also try gumtree.com - a number of people look for/offer flatshares for short term.
regards,
push

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Sun May 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks push :-), and people for your help, appreciate it...

I lost my kewl cos of Mahesh Nair, cos of his use of words.
So, finally am glad he is BANNED and this forum is so much clean and clear now... :P

You doing great job push, people need help here, and you are doing just that.....

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 6:26 pm

coolsats wrote:Thanks push :-), and people for your help, appreciate it...

I lost my kewl cos of Mahesh Nair, cos of his use of words.
So, finally am glad he is BANNED and this forum is so much clean and clear now... :P

You doing great job push, people need help here, and you are doing just that.....
Good to see you back with kind words. Happy to help to the extent possible. Let us know how it goes for you.
regards,
push