ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiring Indian passprt for Child and HSMP Dependent Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jk2007
BANNED

Expiring Indian passprt for Child and HSMP Dependent Visa

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:56 am

My Child's Indian passport has been issued for 5 years and is expiring soon, and is due for applying for renewal. This passport has HSMP dependent visa stamp running beyond the expiry period. I think, when I apply for renewal, they will issue a new passport book with different passport number, and cancel the existing one.

Questions:
(1) How soon I can apply for renewal of expiring passport(three months or 4 months before the expiry date)?

(2) How do I deal with the transfer of HSMP dependent visa to the new passport? Should I go to the British Embassy to to transfer the HSMP dependent Visa to the new passport issued?

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation as yours. My child's passport is expiring in Nov 09 and also HSMP visa is expiring in Nov 09. I plan to apply for tier 1 extension in July or Aug 09.

I am thinking of applying for renewal of my child's passport with indian embassy. After this, how do i transfer the child's visa to the new passport?

--Pradeep

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 pm

I have recently renewed my son's indian passport at HCI London. If you go there in person, then your new passport will be ready within 3 working days.

1. You can renew your passport upto 1 yr before or after it's expiry date. If it is after 1 yrs of expiry date, then certain documents are required

go to hcilondon.in

2. You don't need to transfer visa stamp from one passport to another. Whenever you travel carry both the passport, that should be absolutely fine.

krish.venugopal

Post by krish.venugopal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 pm

http://hcilondon.in/passport.php
A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any passport - this applies for passports with 10 year validity, I guess the same holds good for the childs passport as well (short validity 5 years),

More details on the website.

Your childs old passport will be returned to you as it contains a valid visa, and in future you will have to carry both the new and old passport(containing the valid visa) for immigration purpose.