If passports are not returned on the day of appointm. in PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.
Sten

If passports are not returned on the day of appointm. in PEO

Post by Sten »

..when are they likely to be ready for collection (possible reasons unknown - maybe some document is missing, visa stamping equipment broken etc.) ?

What does normally happen then, you get a call when they are ready, you need to book another appointment ?

The reason why I am asking, - we booked a holiday soon after the appointment date.

I am now going to buy another set of outbound tickets as an insurance against such case (they are very cheap now, but likely will not be available at all for next day should such situation occur). I am now thinking whether to buy them for the next day, with two days gap .. or maybe this is not necessary as the passports can be delayed for a week, then I will have to cancel the holiday ?

Any statistics / experience ?
Good luck !
kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk »

I recall reading about someone who couldn't be approved on the same day, and received a call. The person posting said they were pleasantly surprised to be asked whether they wanted to pick up the passports, or have them sent out in the post/courier.

As for how long it takes - I guess that depends on what went wrong.
Sten

Post by Sten »

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:I recall reading about someone
Thanks, do you have any clues how to find that thread ? Would be interesting to read ..
Good luck !
kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk »

It is this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

The bit about getting a call and offering to post out is one of the last posts.
Sten

Post by Sten »

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:It is this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

The bit about getting a call and offering to post out is one of the last posts.
Thanks, that was an extraordinary situation when PEOs were waiting for JR2009 implementation details to be published.

Anyway, I did not found many references to premium cases which were left undecided, so probably will take a risk, as my case is quite straightforward, so hopefully no problems.
Good luck !
kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk »

Yes, definitely a different situation, but thought it was useful to know that they called, rather than having to make another appointment.

Good luck!