ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 pm

NotYetIrish wrote:Quick Question: is there any dress code to follow while appearing in court to make the fidelity oath?
There's no dress code. But I think I might wear a suit or at least a nice shirt with a green tie! :)

@Benifa: Nice joke! :)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 pm

u0543 wrote:Got my approval letter 28/05/09 (regular post!).
Letter dated by 26/05/09.

Applied 10/04/2006.
Additional docs requested and sent back late September 2008.
Sent to minister (from INIS "Help" line words) 01/04/2009.

Any news about Court appointments in Dublin?
Congratulations u0453!

It looks like they're trying to clear the backlog completely! That's good news.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm

u0543 wrote:Got my approval letter 28/05/09 (regular post!).
Letter dated by 26/05/09.

Applied 10/04/2006.
Additional docs requested and sent back late September 2008.
Sent to minister (from INIS "Help" line words) 01/04/2009.

Any news about Court appointments in Dublin?
congratulations ! finally...:)

the court appearance in dublin was at the end of June when I heard the last time. You need to ring and have an apointment.
A_I

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Tuesday callers...

Same old, same old.......Those agencies that ARE OUTSIDE.

Nana

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanx very much to all for congratulations :!: :!: :!:

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 pm

nanette wrote:Tuesday callers...

Nana
Exact Same Answer was for me this morning. (March 06)

To U0543 Gongratulations!!! Great relief!!!

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 am

Same answer for mine too. I was told its still hanging around with other agencies

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am

nanette wrote:Tuesday callers...

Nana
Another one here with exactly same answer. March 2006 too, with Garda from September last. Unbelievable.

Congratulations to all those recently approved. Happy for all of you, must be such a relief!

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

LuasPassenger wrote:Hello friends!

I have some very good news to share.

Today I received my approval in the post! :) (It wasn't registered post). I got an appointment in Dolphin House for September. :( But anyway, I'm happy that I already got the approval!!!

Thanks,
LP
But why are you waiting for september, why dont you ring few courts outside of dublin or within dublin and get appointment within next 2 weeks?
I got mine in 2 weeks from Drogheda but they are busy till July, but try and you will find 1-2 court doing within a week,. some court house dont allow outsiders but some do, try it rather waiting septmeber +4 more weeks for certificate!

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:35 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
NotYetIrish wrote:Quick Question: is there any dress code to follow while appearing in court to make the fidelity oath?
There's no dress code. But I think I might wear a suit or at least a nice shirt with a green tie! :)

I was thinking of wearing the Coat and tie but thank god i did not,
just simple shirt and torusers (or even jeans) with nice shoes will do, you are among the 5-8 crowed who will be called before normal court proceeding (means day to day advocate and people will already be there) so dont worry too much, its 2.5 minute job!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:02 pm

astraclub wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:Hello friends!

I have some very good news to share.

Today I received my approval in the post! :) (It wasn't registered post). I got an appointment in Dolphin House for September. :( But anyway, I'm happy that I already got the approval!!!

Thanks,
LP
But why are you waiting for september, why dont you ring few courts outside of dublin or within dublin and get appointment within next 2 weeks?
I got mine in 2 weeks from Drogheda but they are busy till July, but try and you will find 1-2 court doing within a week,. some court house dont allow outsiders but some do, try it rather waiting septmeber +4 more weeks for certificate!
I actually rang Dun Laoghaire as I live in the area and they had availability for July. Unfortunately I will be away for most of July. :(

The other problem is that if I do the oath soon, I don't think I'll be able to get the actual certificate and passport before July (when I will be away). And all the courts will be closed in August. So, September is not that bad....

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks LP & Astraclub.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:08 am

applied may 2008 rang them today for a update..lady said application is going through initial stages might get a letter asking more document in a couple of months

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Does anyone has any idea about timelines for naturalisation for spouses of naturalised Irish citizen?

Is it quicker for spouses?

Regards

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm

aswadref wrote:applied may 2008 rang them today for a update..lady said application is going through initial stages might get a letter asking more document in a couple of months
Hi Aswadref, Did you apply on 5 yr residency category or do you have Irish connections? Just curious, if they say you might get additional document request in a couple of months' time, it's fairly quick for folks with no Irish connections. Please do update this board if you get any such request. I applied in Jun '08 - 5 yrs on work visa. Cheers

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Call today INIS...Got thru after 14 min wait and 10 times try...they are waiting for outside agencies...applied in sep 2007.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 pm

HOTSPURS Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aswadref wrote:
applied may 2008 rang them today for a update..lady said application is going through initial stages might get a letter asking more document in a couple of months

Hi Aswadref, Did you apply on 5 yr residency category or do you have Irish connections? Just curious, if they say you might get additional document request in a couple of months' time, it's fairly quick for folks with no Irish connections. Please do update this board if you get any such request. I applied in Jun '08 - 5 yrs on work visa. Cheers

mate i applied on basis of workpermit..

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
aswadref wrote:applied may 2008 rang them today for a update..lady said application is going through initial stages might get a letter asking more document in a couple of months
It seems that Irish connections doesnt fast track youre application. I have Irish connections ( Irish Mother and Irish great grandfather) and ive been waiting 2 and a half years now.

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:56 am

jhbmike wrote:It seems that Irish connections doesnt fast track youre application. I have Irish connections ( Irish Mother and Irish great grandfather) and ive been waiting 2 and a half years now.
Same for me - Irish mother, father, grandfather and great grandfather and it's 3 years so far!!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 am

frustrated13 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:It seems that Irish connections doesnt fast track youre application. I have Irish connections ( Irish Mother and Irish great grandfather) and ive been waiting 2 and a half years now.
Same for me - Irish mother, father, grandfather and great grandfather and it's 3 years so far!!
Sorry forgot to mention also have a son who is Irish.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:01 am

frustrated13 wrote:
If youre grandfather was Irish at the time of youre birth then you are automatically entitled to be Irish. You just have to apply through the foreign birth register.

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 am

No, there was a law change in 1986 that ended that for me. :evil:
(He wasn't born here)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm

frustrated13 wrote:Same for me - Irish mother, father, grandfather and great grandfather and it's 3 years so far!!
Have I missed something - if your parents are Irish citizens, why do you need to apply for naturalisation?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:07 pm

benifa wrote:
frustrated13 wrote:Same for me - Irish mother, father, grandfather and great grandfather and it's 3 years so far!!
Have I missed something - if your parents are Irish citizens, why do you need to apply for naturalisation?
GGF was born here
GF born elsewhere but still a citizen
M did FBR
F did PND

I get nothing because my mother did FBR after 1986, when law changed.

Suspect it is a similar situation with jhbmike.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

frustrated13 wrote:
benifa wrote:
GGF was born here
GF born elsewhere but still a citizen
M did FBR
F did PND

I get nothing because my mother did FBR after 1986, when law changed.

Suspect it is a similar situation with jhbmike.
I see.. your mother was not registered on the FBR at the time of your birth, no?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.