ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vip123
Newly Registered

Post by vip123 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:45 am

HI TO ALL MATES OVER HERE I AM ON STUDENT VISA AND APPLYED WITH HSMP APPROVAL LETTER TO TIER 1 G ON 27th MARCH

Applied 27th March
Received Ref letter dated 30th March
Called 12/05 FURTHER consideration
Called 15/05 AWAITING consideration

15/05 AWAITING CONSIDERATION THAT IS TODAY

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY APPLICATION AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES FOR MY VISA STAMPING

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 am

Hi VIP123, It should'nt take more than 1.5 'working' months (excluding holidays). Yours was applied on March 27, so I believe that you should expect to hear the good news by May 30th (hopefully).

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Fri May 15, 2009 10:17 am

Hi guys, I've got a response from home office, which is a bit upsetting. You know I've applied for student visa extension (and at the same time I've got HSMP approval letter with me). Last week I wrote to home office to vary my application (on the basis of HSMP approval letter) and grant me Tier1 instead of student extension. They've replied that I m not eligible to switch/ vary my application because my appilcation for student extension was 'out of time' (it was processed after my student visa had expired on 31 January). Now they've asked me if I would like to carry on with my current student visa extension application or would i like to withdraw my applicatoin?

If I wait, just one month is left behind (in the validity of HSMP approval letter) and I cant afford to wait very long. If I withdraw, I'll have to leave UK and go back to Pakistan and get Tier1 stamped from there... I've given biometrics on 15 April and its been 1 month. Technically I can wait for another 10 days, but will it be worth it? What should I do?

vip123
Newly Registered

Post by vip123 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:41 am

THANKS MATE HOPEFULLY I GET MY VISA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I WILL LET U GUYS KNOW WHEN I GET MY VISA

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

mbasmart wrote:Hi guys, I've got a response from home office, which is a bit upsetting. You know I've applied for student visa extension (and at the same time I've got HSMP approval letter with me). Last week I wrote to home office to vary my application (on the basis of HSMP approval letter) and grant me Tier1 instead of student extension. They've replied that I m not eligible to switch/ vary my application because my appilcation for student extension was 'out of time' (it was processed after my student visa had expired on 31 January). Now they've asked me if I would like to carry on with my current student visa extension application or would i like to withdraw my applicatoin?

If I wait, just one month is left behind (in the validity of HSMP approval letter) and I cant afford to wait very long. If I withdraw, I'll have to leave UK and go back to Pakistan and get Tier1 stamped from there... I've given biometrics on 15 April and its been 1 month. Technically I can wait for another 10 days, but will it be worth it? What should I do?

With processed you mean you sent it after the student visa had expired?

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sun May 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Yesterday, I have requested the Home Office that I want to WITHDRAW my student visa extension application. I've got no other option because only one month is left until validity of my HSMP approval letter, and I cant wait any further.

When I receive my passport and supporting documents back, I'll go back to my home country and apply for entry clearance under Tier1 General. I've maintained more than sufficient funds in my account in Pakistan...

Just two important questions from u guys:

1. If my dependants also apply with me (at the same time) what application fee shall we have to pay? Shall we have to pay individual fee for each dependant or shall I just pay the Tier1 fee for myself while my wife and kids apply for free? I've heard that if main applicant and dependants apply at the same time, only the main applicant pays fee. Suggestions please ??? I wud particularly urge Pakistani applicants and seniors to comment please...

2. My wife's and kids' names are not mentioned in the HSMP approval letter. When I apply for entry clearance from Pakistan, would the marriage certificate and birth certificates/ b-forms of kids be sufficient or shall I have to fulfil any other requirement to demonstrate that they r my dependants? Thanks

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 pm

[quote="mbasmart"]1. If my dependants also apply with me (at the same time) what application fee shall we have to pay? Shall we have to pay individual fee for each dependant or shall I just pay the Tier1 fee for myself while my wife and kids apply for free? I've heard that if main applicant and dependants apply at the same time, only the main applicant pays fee. Suggestions please ??? I wud particularly urge Pakistani applicants and seniors to comment please...

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Tue May 19, 2009 1:10 pm

An update.....Now i keep calling the operations manager i was referred to and it now automatically goes to her voicemail Called HO for an update and was told my application is still under further consideration and i have to keep waiting ...since september 2008!!!!!!!!!! the representative was so non-chalant about it ,it was upsetting.
Any advice on the next step to take??/ I NEED TO DO SOMETHING.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm

xxbade wrote:An update.....Now i keep calling the operations manager i was referred to and it now automatically goes to her voicemail Called HO for an update and was told my application is still under further consideration and i have to keep waiting ...since september 2008!!!!!!!!!! the representative was so non-chalant about it ,it was upsetting.
What else can one do? Did you ask for urgent treatment at any time? Seems there's nothing else to do than wait and keep praying. There's no other reprieve except you want to withdraw which I'm sure you don't. Just keep praying...indeed I know it's a very harrowing wait. May God help us all.
Good things come to those who wait.................

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Thu May 21, 2009 12:46 pm

xxbade wrote:An update.....Now i keep calling the operations manager i was referred to and it now automatically goes to her voicemail Called HO for an update and was told my application is still under further consideration and i have to keep waiting ...since september 2008!!!!!!!!!! the representative was so non-chalant about it ,it was upsetting.
whoa Sep 08 :shock:
I thought i was the one with the most delayed application. Mine has been in since Nov 08. my current student visa expired on 31mar09. Apparently its gone into 'extended checks'.
Just incase it gets rejected, is it 28days the duration given to appeal?
Can i apply under someother category in those 28 days? for example marriage to a uk or eu citizen?

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 pm

I've got HSMP approval letter which is expiring on June 23, 2009. I am gonna apply for entry clearance under tier1 general from islamabad pakistan soon. I'm currently in UK and I plan to leave UK on 2nd of June 2009.

My wife called FedEx (who give appointments for all kinds of visa applications in Islamabad). They have given me appointment for 17th June 2009 (i.e. five days before expiry of my HSMP approval letter).

But the official who gave appointment told her that if only five days are left until the validity of my HSMP approval letter, they wont accept my approval letter and may refuse to process my entry clearance application. He said that u might have to get ur approval letter renewed. I FAIL to understand what is this??? I've heard that I can apply for entry clearance till the last day of my HSMP approval letter's validity...

Please advise. I am very upset...

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed May 27, 2009 1:57 pm

mbasmart wrote:I've got HSMP approval letter which is expiring on June 23, 2009. I am gonna apply for entry clearance under tier1 general from islamabad pakistan soon. I'm currently in UK and I plan to leave UK on 2nd of June 2009.

My wife called FedEx (who give appointments for all kinds of visa applications in Islamabad). They have given me appointment for 17th June 2009 (i.e. five days before expiry of my HSMP approval letter).

But the official who gave appointment told her that if only five days are left until the validity of my HSMP approval letter, they wont accept my approval letter and may refuse to process my entry clearance application. He said that u might have to get ur approval letter renewed. I FAIL to understand what is this??? I've heard that I can apply for entry clearance till the last day of my HSMP approval letter's validity...

Please advise. I am very upset...
Is it Fedex who processes applics or BHC? Why don't u contact BHC directly to get accurate info?

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 pm

What exactly is being checked with extended checks........it's not previous earnings....what exactly is going on?

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

hoopsy wrote:What exactly is being checked with extended checks........it's not previous earnings....what exactly is going on?
Hoopsy, that is my question, i am so confused. I dont know what they are checking out of the ordinary!!!!!!!!! I even called my former office and learnt that HO has not even called to verify any of my details. So i dont know what the hell they are doing. Beats me! There has to be an explanation. Hoopsy,did u add a dependant to your application?

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed May 27, 2009 3:38 pm

xxbade wrote:
hoopsy wrote:What exactly is being checked with extended checks........it's not previous earnings....what exactly is going on?
Hoopsy, that is my question, i am so confused. I dont know what they are checking out of the ordinary!!!!!!!!! I even called my former office and learnt that HO has not even called to verify any of my details. So i dont know what the hell they are doing. Beats me! There has to be an explanation. Hoopsy,did u add a dependant to your application?
No, there's no dependant. Pls:

1. Do you know anyone who has gone through extended checks and received their passport back?

2. What was the outcome? Visa granted?
3. Was there any explanation given for the delay or what was being checked? Any apology?
4. How long did the process take?

Thanks for ur response.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 am

hoopsy wrote:
xxbade wrote:

1. Do you know anyone who has gone through extended checks and received their passport back?

3. Was there any explanation given for the delay or what was being checked? Any apology?

Thanks for ur response.

Hey Hoopsy, i called HO again to try to get some answers, they could not help me, they only told me that they have seen applications longer than mine(going on 10 months now), and it is not entirely unusual. No explanations on the meaning of extended checks.

Who told u your application was subject to extended checks? was it HO? because even HO wouldnt give me that information, they just stick to "under further consideration". I had to get that info when i wrote the MP.

PLEASE does anyone out there have answers to Hoopsy's questions???
Any idea what we should be expecting???
please people.
Thanx.

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm in trouble guys, very serious trouble. I am in UK on student visa. My student visa extension application is in process in the Home Office since February 2009. Meanwhile, I got HSMP approval about 5 months ago. Home Office told me that I should either wait for my student extension or I should withdraw my application, return to Pakistan and apply for entry clearance under Tier1 General. I've got sufficient maintenance funds in my bank account back home.

On 16-05-2009 I requested the Home Office that I wanna withdraw my student visa extension application. I told them that I've got HSMP approval and I wanna get Tier1 stamped on my passport and for that purspose, I would like to go back to Pakistan and apply for entry clearance under Tier1.

Then I called on their number 08706067766. They told me that it takes about 10 days for the withdrawal request to be processed and documents sent back to me. Yesterday I called again and told them that its been 15 days and I havent got my documents back. They said (with their usual cold attitude) that they dont know how long is it gonna take, what stage is my request on and blah blah. They said that we can't say how many more days will it take. I explained that my HSMP approval letter is expiring, but they did'nt seem to be bothered. Today, I've sent them a fax and a letter as well, requesting an urgent action to process my withdrawal request and send my docs back.

I am COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY LOST. I think since they know that I've got HSMP approval, they are delaying my student extension application on purpose just to tease me. I mean I've requested them that I wanna withdraw my case and go back to Pakistan, I dont know whats stopping them from returning the docs to me???

Guys, Is there anything that I can do??? Anything on earth??? My HSMP approval letter is expiring on 22-06-2009. I have to book my tickets and go back to Pakistan, do some paper work over there and re-apply for entry clearance under Tier1. Can I extend my HSMP approval letter's validity date? Can I hold Home Office responsible if I miss the deadline? Please give me any tips............. Any...

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:36 pm

I read these pages 3-4 times a day, just to find out if anyone has replied to my post. But I have'nt got any response in many days...

Seniors, please help...

I've got appointment for 17th of June to submit my Tier1 application for stamping in Pakistan. HSMP approval letter is expiring on 23rd June. Home Office is not sending me the documents back so i m unable to go back to Pakistan. What the F***. Where am I stuck ?????????

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 pm

xxbade wrote:
hoopsy wrote:
xxbade wrote:

Thanks for ur response.

Hey Hoopsy, i called HO again to try to get some answers, they could not help me, they only told me that they have seen applications longer than mine(going on 10 months now), and it is not entirely unusual. No explanations on the meaning of extended checks.

Who told u your application was subject to extended checks? was it HO? because even HO wouldnt give me that information, they just stick to "under further consideration". I had to get that info when i wrote the MP.

please people.
Thanx.
Hey Hoopsy, its me again and i am afraid i havent got good news.....finally got thru to one of the managers at the HO and she spoke to me in detail......basically extended checks means that with the information they have right now, they are more likely to refuse the application, they have put a hold on it and called it extended checks because they want to be absolutely sure that they have based their decision on all the information they are able to additionally get their hands on.
However, if they are unable to get additional relevant information in a reasonable period , they will be forced to use what they have which is most likely a refusal.
That was what she told me.
Hang in there ok, hopefully they will get more information for you and decision will be good.
I am making other plans and hoping for the best.
Goodluck mate.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:23 pm

xxbade wrote:
xxbade wrote:
hoopsy wrote:
xxbade wrote:

Thanks for ur response.

please people.
Thanx.
Hey Hoopsy, its me again and i am afraid i havent got good news.....finally got thru to one of the managers at the HO and she spoke to me in detail......basically extended checks means that with the information they have right now, they are more likely to refuse the application, they have put a hold on it and called it extended checks because they want to be absolutely sure that they have based their decision on all the information they are able to additionally get their hands on.
However, if they are unable to get additional relevant information in a reasonable period , they will be forced to use what they have which is most likely a refusal.
Hang in there ok, hopefully they will get more information for you and decision will be good.
Goodluck mate.
Thanks for this info xxbade. If they felt that the application should be refused would they not have refused it at the initial stages? What I don't understand is this...if HO require additional info can't they inform the applicant? I thot the guys at the contact centre said if they need any info they'll contact the applicant? This is quite strange, I tell you.
Have you received a response on your own application yet? What's the status? Do you know anyone who has come off extended checks...what was the response and how long did it take?
What exactly are they checking on extended checks and what time frame are they looking at? Thanks.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:15 pm

hoopsy wrote:
xxbade wrote:
xxbade wrote:
hoopsy wrote:

Thanks for ur response.

please people.
Thanx.
Goodluck mate.
Thanks for this info xxbade. If they felt that the application should be refused would they not have refused it at the initial stages? What I don't understand is this...if HO require additional info can't they inform the applicant? I thot the guys at the contact centre said if they need any info they'll contact the applicant? This is quite strange, I tell you.
Have you received a response on your own application yet? What's the status? Do you know anyone who has come off extended checks...what was the response and how long did it take?
What exactly are they checking on extended checks and what time frame are they looking at? Thanks.

Hey Hoopsy, you have raised a valid point, i didnt want to sound angry when i was speaking to the woman, i was so upset because it just did not make sense to me at all. Why keep the application for so long if they are going to refuse for whatever reason, it just sounds cruel.
About the additional information...that was why i actually established contact with the manager , just so i can help them if they require additional information, however, she told me that according to their policy and published guidelines, they are not actually meant to ask for more information, they are meant to use just what you submitted. She said that if they do contact you, it is in very few and unusual cases. (which i found very strange)
She said if i rushed them, they would have to use just what they have.
So i have left them to it. I dont know anyone else going through this, everyone i have contacted find it strange.
I still feel strongly that it would be very cruel to keep our application for so long, keep our lives on hold, keep us in suspense and then refuse!!
I dont think they would do that.
Hope you find this information helpful.

pankaj25
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj25 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 am

thanks xxbade,
very useful information indeed..can u pls tell how u managed to speak to the manager?whenever i called the number..only one answer AFC..

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Does anyone have any update?

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:06 pm

pankaj25 wrote:thanks xxbade,
very useful information indeed..can u pls tell how u managed to speak to the manager?whenever i called the number..only one answer AFC..
Have you gotten any further info on your application?

pankaj25
Newly Registered

Post by pankaj25 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:12 am

i have stopped thinking about it and i really do not care now a days,
it's been 8 months now but i still have my job,will got to india in diwali whether i get the visa or not.