ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension application questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marrik

Tier 1 extension application questions

Post by marrik » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Guys,

I have in person appointment this Friday in Croydon. While filling the application form, had the following doubts. It would be great if you could guide me on how to fill these.

1) for my baby born here (1 month old), what should i fill for the following questions "what is the dependant's current immigration status in the united kingdom, when does the current leave expire and what is the applicant's current imigration status?"

2) in dependant appln, there is question regarding main applicant, which states(H2) "Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under PBS has been successful?". Am confused here. previous question was if the dependant applying along with the main applicant and now this question. is the question referring to the initial leave to remain or the further leave to remain? I couldnt see any details abt it in the guidance section.

3) what is home office reference number and pbs migrant reference number (got my hsmp in 2007 oct)?

4) reference number on the entryclearance/visa? is it the same as home office reference number

5) Finally, I hvae all my 12 months payslip, last 2yrs P60 and 12 months bank statement. My last month payslip had administrative error and so I got it in 2 installments in space of 3 days (may 30 - 95% and june 2 - 5%). I have got a letter (company letter head) from Finance department stating that this split is due to administrative error and hence got deposited in 2 installments. Is it sufficient?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 pm

"what is the dependant's current immigration status in the united kingdom, when does the current leave expire and what is the applicant's current imigration status?"
Current Immigration Status should be HSMP Dependant - Child
Current Leave Expire = Whatever is the valid until date printed on the LTR vignette
" Leave these 2 fields blank if the child has only a passport and no visa stamped yet "

Applicant immigration status = HSMP Visa

2) in dependant appln, there is question regarding main applicant, which states(H2) "Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under PBS has been successful?". Am confused here. previous question was if the dependant applying along with the main applicant and now this question. is the question referring to the initial leave to remain or the further leave to remain? I couldnt see any details abt it in the guidance section.
Ans - Tick "No" it refers to your current application for FLR

3) what is home office reference number and pbs migrant reference number (got my hsmp in 2007 oct)?
Put down the 6 digit number reference number you had received when you made your initial HSMP application.

PBS migrant ref No: Leave this untouched

4) reference number on the entryclearance/visa? is it the same as home office reference number
This would be the number printed in red on your EC
5) Finally, I hvae all my 12 months payslip, last 2yrs P60 and 12 months bank statement. My last month payslip had administrative error and so I got it in 2 installments in space of 3 days (may 30 - 95% and june 2 - 5%). I have got a letter (company letter head) from Finance department stating that this split is due to administrative error and hence got deposited in 2 installments. Is it sufficient?
That should do. You can mention this in the covering letter.

marrik

Post by marrik » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks a lot SKUK for clarifying my doubts.

cheers.

marrik

Post by marrik » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Just when i thought i had all my queries clarified, in came another doubt :)

1. My bank statement says "Company Name" credit "Salary amount" (no mention of "Salary for month of" kind). But the expense I claim when i go to client location they also credit in same way, like "Company Name" credit "Expense amount".

Is it going to be an issue? Its just couple more days and i wanted to make sure i have all the relevant documents and hence these questions.

btw, i will be providing the following documents with my application

1. 12 months sal slip
2. 12 months bank statement
3. p60 for last couple of years
4. NI card
5. degree cert
6. hsmp approval letter
7. letter from employer abt my may (only) month sal details

Many thanks

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 pm

1. My bank statement says "Company Name" credit "Salary amount" (no mention of "Salary for month of" kind). But the expense I claim when i go to client location they also credit in same way, like "Company Name" credit "Expense amount".

Is it going to be an issue?
Stating the obvious but yes it's absolutely not a problem.

As for doco they are complete. Don't give 3,4,5 and 6 to the officer upfront, have them handy and give it to them only if asked for.

marrik

Post by marrik » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 am

Thanks SKUK. i have posted another question on this forum abt the maintenance fund

1. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40310

i hope its not an issue but wanted to confirm. maybe as the day is nearing getting bit tensed.

2. Also, my May bank statement ends at 29th of May. And the 10 day bank statement starts from 1st june as no transaction on 30th and 31st of may (but document mentions last statement day as 29th may 2009).

3. I have taken printout from the bank, the letterhead is HSBC but its not signed or stamped by the manager. is it fine?

I owe you a big thank you for clarifying all my queries.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am

1. I see another member has answered that question.

2. As long as the last statement date is within one month of date of your application, it should be fine.

3. If the printouts are original letterheaded paper (coloured logo), you should be alright. It it's in black and white it would be better you get someone in your branch to sign and stamp them.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 am

SKUK wrote: 3. If the printouts are original letterheaded paper (coloured logo), you should be alright. It it's in black and white it would be better you get someone in your branch to sign and stamp them.
I would suggest to get a stamp so that you don't sleep over it. It won't take long. But even without stamp it should be accepted. Since you are applying from Croydon PEO, there is a HSBC branch opposite Croydon PEO (2 minutes walk) which has given me statement(stamped).

marrik

Post by marrik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 pm

its been only half hour since i came back from my in person appointment. wanted to thank you guys(skuk and chetanojha) for your help. i got tier 1 extension for myself, wife and my 1month old baby till end of 2012.

really tired now..but will post my experience on the other thread.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Congratulations..!!!!
marrik wrote:its been only half hour since i came back from my in person appointment. wanted to thank you guys(skuk and chetanojha) for your help. i got tier 1 extension for myself, wife and my 1month old baby till end of 2012.

really tired now..but will post my experience on the other thread.

sargana
Newly Registered

Post by sargana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:39 pm

few days back i booked an ILR appoinment at Croydon for Saturday 13 June 09 but i have not received any confirmation yet (according to other people experience, a mobile message confirmation is sent around 24 hours before)...any idea..and according to home office website...they open monday to friday....so not sure why i got appointment on saturday...will really appreciate your advice