ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CSK

Post by CSK » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:18 pm

All,

First, do we need a cover letter for PEO appointments since we are submitting our PBS document.

If Yes, please can someone who had their PEO appointment recently share your cover letter?

Has anyone who got your early extension(say 3 or 4 months earlier) without mentioning any reason on the cover letter or does case worker raise any query about it in person?

Thanks in advance..

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:14 am

Guys,

I have my PEO appointment this week and though I am mostly prepared (I thought) but I just noticed there is a minor difference of 40p in one of my pay slip (6th month's pay slip of the 12 month period) and the amount in my bank statement (the amount in bank statement is 40p more than in the pay slip). Will just a minor difference of 40p be an issue? I have spoken to my accountant and there is nothing much he can do at the moment.

I am also attaching my original P60 as an earnings proof, so shall I leave the pay slips and just show the P60 as my income proof?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

CSK

Post by CSK » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Guys,

Any responses reg. covering letter for the PEO appointments?

Thanks,..

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I wouldn't have thought you'd need one. Covering letters are good for postal applications, since you can add explanations where things aren't obvious, to help the caseworker along. But for PEOs, you're there in person to do that ...

CSK

Post by CSK » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:41 pm

kiwi_in_the_uk

thanks mate...

anyone here who got extension without cover letters?

I just have 1 day left before my appointment... :roll:

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Ambitious its a issue,payslip should match bank statement,if one penny diff its a problem.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Ambitious its a issue,payslip should match bank statement,if one penny diff its a problem.
I don't think so....difference of 40p shouldn't be a big deal here!

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Its a an issue according to me,but luckily ignored than ok,otherwise its a problem.

peejay

HSMP JR expereience at Birmingham PEO

Post by peejay » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:01 am

Hi All, Has anybody applied for ILR at Birmingham PEO under HSMP JR so far? If yes, can you please share the experience. I have seen few from Croydon but non from Birmingham. I have appointment next week and will like to find out. Thanks...

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 am

CSK wrote:kiwi_in_the_uk

thanks mate...

anyone here who got extension without cover letters?

I just have 1 day left before my appointment... :roll:
Hi CSK,
Any Updates on your extension/experience would be appreciated mate.

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Fellow Members,
Has any-body been to Birmingham PEO recently for Hsmp-Tier 1 G extension. Could they please share there experience at this PEO. Not only this PEO any In-Person experieince shared will be appreciated and would help.

Regards

marrik

Post by marrik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:45 pm

hey guys,
wanted to share my experience. once again thanks to all those senior members for helping us out patiently when we end up asking same questions every now and then...

I applied for tier 1 extension from hsmp that was to expire in december '09. My reason for applying earlier was for my wife and one month old daughter to travel to india to be with her family for help.

My in person premium application appt was at 10AM. so reached there around half past 9 and after initial check on all available documents/application form filled properly, i was asked to pay the fees. Once that was done, it was time to wait for our token number to be called.

Processing of our application (going through the application and collecting documents) took close to 2.5 hrs. First the caseworker went through the application and made sure once again that everything was in order. After this, I was asked all supporting documents like my degree certificate, salary slip and bank statements (better to arrange them from Month 1 to Month 12 instead of reverse order :) ). Any further documents you wish to submit part of your application you have to provide them.

After submitting the application and pp, we were told to come back in 1.5 hrs, (nervous ninety minutes). Finally, around 3pm we were told that the application was approved and at 3:30 received our PP with the visa stamped for 3 yrs (dec '12).

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:35 am

Sweet! Well done.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 am

marrik wrote:hey guys,
wanted to share my experience. once again thanks to all those senior members for helping us out patiently when we end up asking same questions every now and then...

I applied for tier 1 extension from hsmp that was to expire in december '09. My reason for applying earlier was for my wife and one month old daughter to travel to india to be with her family for help.

My in person premium application appt was at 10AM. so reached there around half past 9 and after initial check on all available documents/application form filled properly, i was asked to pay the fees. Once that was done, it was time to wait for our token number to be called.

Processing of our application (going through the application and collecting documents) took close to 2.5 hrs. First the caseworker went through the application and made sure once again that everything was in order. After this, I was asked all supporting documents like my degree certificate, salary slip and bank statements (better to arrange them from Month 1 to Month 12 instead of reverse order :) ). Any further documents you wish to submit part of your application you have to provide them.

After submitting the application and pp, we were told to come back in 1.5 hrs, (nervous ninety minutes). Finally, around 3pm we were told that the application was approved and at 3:30 received our PP with the visa stamped for 3 yrs (dec '12).
Congratulations marrik !!!

I would have the same case (applying extension couple of months earlier with a new born baby) later during the year.

Can you please let me know FLR start date for your baby. I would assume it to be from current date till dec'12 (just wanted to confirm).

If you don't mind, can you please let us know your nationality. Also, were you able to get new passport for baby within 1 month (as you mentioned that baby is 1 month old)?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

marrik

Post by marrik » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:04 am

hi hsmp12345, yes am an indian and got my baby's passport within the first 2 weeks. for applying passport, you need the full birth certificate. so when u register the birth, you have an option of buying a full birth certificate (the ones that are issued are standard and we need full birth certificate for applying pp/visa). i got some 4 copies of full birth cert.

after having the cert, i applied for PP (indian). i submitted my appln in person on a tuesday and got her passsport on thursday (collected in person). For applying for ur baby's pp you also need to have photocopy of father's and mother's pp front and back page along with visa page.

my daughter's visa expiry date is same as mine.

hope this helps.

anotherspouse
Newly Registered

HSMP ILR JR BACKDATED ILR NO FOR DEPENDANTS BUT FOR MAIN APP

Post by anotherspouse » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 am

Hi all!....we apply for ILR as HSMP under the terms of the JR last Monday. Application was sent through an immigration solicitor since it was impossible for us to get an appointment for a main applicant with 3 dependents.
Just this morning we got all the passports and supporting documents back. ILR has been granted. However it surprises me that the cover letter giving backdated ILR is only for the main applicant. I, as a spouse, will not be able to apply for citizenship until next year, which means that if my husband, the main applicant, decides to apply now for citizenship, we will have to pay the home office fees twice.
The "Policy Document" clearly states:
" Dependants 26. The immigration status of dependents of migrants in the categories covered by this policy will follow that of the principal applicant.".

am I right to think that HO should have sent a letter to me as well?...

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP ILR JR BACKDATED ILR NO FOR DEPENDANTS BUT FOR MAIN

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:34 pm

anotherspouse wrote:Hi all!....we apply for ILR as HSMP under the terms of the JR last Monday..
Hi, posting same question several places on the same forum is not always a good idea. I have seen this same question several places on this forum and this will be confusing. Please find the most appropriate place to post and delete all other ones. Thanks

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Just want to thank everyone for their help and support in getting my HSMP to Tier 1 extension. Following is my experience:-

Visa Expiry Date : Sept 2009
In Person Appointment at Croydon 11/06/09 10:00 am
Reached there at around 9:10, got my papers checked and paid the fees by 9.30 am.
Called by case worker at 9.35, she had a quick look at my application and the documents and within 5 mins told me that she will now have a thorough look at my application and will call me in case of any issues. She also told me that my application can take 4-5 hours or may be whole day and asked me to wait.

Around 11.30 she called me and said I haven't provided my educational degree. I told her that its an extension application and as per the guidance notes I have already provided my degree in my initial application. She said she can't give me any points without the original degree. Then I asked her to go to the page on the application form where evidence for taking the educational points were mentioned and one of those options were "Evidence already provided in original HSMP application". I asked her that if this is not a valid option why is it mentioned in the application form. She then apologised and said this points based system is quite new to her and she doesnt know all the details yet. She then told me that once she is finished, she will send the application to her senior to cross check and once he is happy they will then stamp my passport with the new visa. She asked me to come at 3.30 and collect my passport from Service Desk on the first floor.

I went to service desk at around 3.30 and they said they havent recd my passport yet. Around 4.00 pm I went to the case worker and asked for status. She said she still hasnt recd it back from her seniors and once she recd it she will send it downstairs for visa stamping.

After another hour and half of waiting and moving between floors, I finally got my passport at 5:40 pm stamped for 3 years till Sept 2012.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help and support. This forum rocks !!!

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:42 am

ambitions_high wrote:Just want to thank everyone for their help and support in getting my HSMP to Tier 1 extension. Following is my experience:-

Reached there at around 9:10, got my papers checked and paid the fees by 9.30 am.
Called by case worker at 9.35, she had a quick look at my application and the documents and within 5 mins told me that she will now have a thorough look at my application and will call me in case of any issues. She also told me that my application can take 4-5 hours or may be whole day and asked me to wait.

Around 11.30 she called me and said I haven't provided my educational degree. I told her that its an extension application and as per the guidance notes I have already provided my degree in my initial application. She said she can't give me any points without the original degree. Then I asked her to go to the page on the application form where evidence for taking the educational points were mentioned and one of those options were "Evidence already provided in original HSMP application". I asked her that if this is not a valid option why is it mentioned in the application form. She then apologised and said this points based system is quite new to her and she doesnt know all the details yet. She then told me that once she is finished, she will send the application to her senior to cross check and once he is happy they will then stamp my passport with the new visa. She asked me to come at 3.30 and collect my passport from Service Desk on the first floor.

I went to service desk at around 3.30 and they said they havent recd my passport yet. Around 4.00 pm I went to the case worker and asked for status. She said she still hasnt recd it back from her seniors and once she recd it she will send it downstairs for visa stamping.

After another hour and half of waiting and moving between floors, I finally got my passport at 5:40 pm stamped for 3 years till Sept 2012.

Thanks for sharing mate. Do you know if your employer has been contacted to verify the documents.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 am

@dellfan

I have my own limited company and gave my partner's name (to verify my earnings) who was not contacted.

But I remember case worker saying (at 11:30 am) that checks for my documents haven't come yet (don't know who they contacted and what checks they performed).

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Post by mavrick7 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:18 pm

ambitions_high wrote:Just want to thank everyone for their help and support in getting my HSMP to Tier 1 extension. Following is my experience:-

hi ambitious high

that means that case workers are issuing visa's from the day of ure appointment for extention till the end of current visa's expiry +3 yrs.

sine u mentioned that ure visa was expiring in sept 09 and u went in for an early extension and got the visa extention till sep 2012..instead of june 2012.

am i correct?

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:48 am

Thats correct mavrick7.

rkrohela
BANNED

HSMP to Tier 1 Approved: PEO Croydon Non JR

Post by rkrohela » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Application Date: 16/06/2009
Current HSMP Expiry Date: 01/11/2009
New Visa Valid Until: 30/11/2009
PEO: Croydon,at 9 am appt, visa granted at 4.30 pm
Self and 1 dependant

Hello Guys! I am very happy to share that my HSMP to Tier 1 extension has been granted. My experience was similar to the others in the group, uncourteous staff, delayed responses etc. The critical experiences which I want to share:

1) I entered UK 30 days after my initial HSMP Approval date. I requested 3 days extra so that my ILR Requirement would be met without another extension. I mentioned this point to the initial scrutiny person on the first floor, he went and asked his caseworker, said NO its NOT POSSIBLE!

I persisted, when I made payment and went to 2nd floor caseworker, I told same thing, he too said NO WAY! I had mentioned that in my cover letter in BOLD WHY I needed 3 DAYS extra.

And I was granted validity until 30 Nov 2009, i.e 3 years from my ENTRY DATE INTO THE UK!

My assessment is that the initial scrutiny is conducted by not-so-well-aware entry level people who just parrot same lines. If you have any special requests like ILR Compliance and extra dates etc, PLEASE mention the point in covering letter well, highlight with marker, AND REPEAT THE POINT multiple times over, they are likely to oblige.

2) The 50 year old gentleman who appeared half asleep conducted my casework, all of a sudden he said "Show me Your Degree". I said its not required, the guidance says so.... he said you HAVE TO PROVIDE AS IT IS PEO APP BLAH BLAH..... I provided, then the next shock!

HE SAID he could NOT find the degree in the calculator!! I said I had checked very well it is there. The Reason? He was searching for POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA, and Degree was listed as PG Diploma.

MORAL: You can't imagine how dumb the caseworker can be, GO PREPARED. See the name of your degree exactly as in calculator, take printout to show them, I didn't and realized I should have.

If Degree is not listed in PBS Calculator, take NARIC Equivalence to be safe, you can't tell them that because they verified it previously, they don't need to now. They just DON'T BUY it.

3) The wait will be agonizing, take some book, laptop or something to pass time along.

Hope this feedback helps! All the best to everyone!!

THANKS A TON TO ALL THE SENIOR MEMBERS FOR GUIDANCE AND OTHERS WHO PRECEDED ME FOR SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCES....

THIS FORUM SURELY ROCKS!!
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

rkrohela
BANNED

Police Registration

Post by rkrohela » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Hello,

I have one urgent query. The letter along with the PEO HSMP to TIER 1 approval says I need to register with the police! Has any other person been given such a letter.

Are Indian nationals required to do that?
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

push

Re: Police Registration

Post by push » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm

rkrohela wrote:Hello,

I have one urgent query. The letter along with the PEO HSMP to TIER 1 approval says I need to register with the police! Has any other person been given such a letter.

Are Indian nationals required to do that?
Thats strange. Indian nationals are not required to register with Police. India is not on the list. Just when one thinks everything is fine he/she is subjected to a nasty surprise by UKBA. I guess you need to contact PEO again and ask for dropping the requirement. Get a written confirmation from them. Its otherwise an offence if you do not register with Police once advised to do so.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer