ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some information for baby born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Need some information for baby born in UK

Post by kck9 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello Friends,

I need some information. My friend is on HSMP (not Tier 1) and his wife is on HSMP dependant. Now they got the visa till 2011. They both are from India.

They are expecting a baby now. They need some information about advantages having baby here.

Is there any advantages if they can have baby here. I know that even the baby gets the same status which parents has got. But I was told that after 16 years for the baby, they can travel to UK without any hassle like visa issues etc.

Also as soon as the baby born, what is the further proceedings they need to do. Do they need to apply for the passport and visa immediately or do they apply for passport now and apply for visa anytime in future...

One more thing is can they claim some benefits like Child Care, WTC etc.

Please let me know...

Thank you

push

Re: Need some information for baby born in UK

Post by push » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 pm

kck9 wrote:Hello Friends,

I need some information. My friend is on HSMP (not Tier 1) and his wife is on HSMP dependant. Now they got the visa till 2011. They both are from India.

They are expecting a baby now. They need some information about advantages having baby here.

Is there any advantages if they can have baby here. I know that even the baby gets the same status which parents has got. But I was told that after 16 years for the baby, they can travel to UK without any hassle like visa issues etc.

Also as soon as the baby born, what is the further proceedings they need to do. Do they need to apply for the passport and visa immediately or do they apply for passport now and apply for visa anytime in future...

One more thing is can they claim some benefits like Child Care, WTC etc.

Please let me know...

Thank you
No advantage as such (If they stay 16 years they would be citizens already so where is the question about entry to UK?). They can apply the passport from Indian High Commission. HSMP dependant VISA can be got stamped anytime but if they intend to travel outside UK anytime soon they need to do get it otherwise the child will be denied entry.
Last edited by push on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:33 am

Yes there is one advantage if the baby is born here in UK i.e the child can be registered as a British citizen once the parents obtain ILR. If the baby is born outside this can't be done.

You can claim these benefits only after you've got your ILR.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:06 am

to add one more point,If child lives for first 10 years of his/her life in UK , child can also be registered as british citizen even if parents got no ILR.#

The most important point to remember, childern born in UK are entitled (right under the Law) to citizenship as opposed to discrentionary benefits for childern born outside to UK.

But if you have got no family support in this country, then it is more important to have the baby where you can get family support rathern than benefits listed above.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Oh thats great...thank you for your inputs....

I was actually asking, even if the child stays outside UK, but he/she born in UK...after 16 years they can travel to UK without visa...is that true?

Also about the benefits, is it only for the ILR. Recently I was told that NHS asked my friend to apply for the benefits etc...

thnk u

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:46 pm

The child needs to have a valid visa or British passport to enter UK. He/she doesn't get an automatic entry by virtue of being born in the UK.

As to benefits, NHS has given him/her the wrong guidance. NHS staff may not be aware of the immigration rules and they are not expected to either.
Well your friend can apply for benefits if he wants to and may even be granted these. In that case, he would be deemed to have broken his visa condition, the one that says "No recourse to public funds" stamp on his/her visa. In such a scenario the immigration officer at the airport will have the right to deny him entry and may also jeopardise their FLR application to HO in future.

Also there is a bill doing the rounds in parliament which will stop benefits to people who have completed 5 years of stay in this country. They will be given something called temporary citizenship instead of ILR.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Childern born in UK should live here 10 years in order to get entitlement
to citizenship. So it is very important to do that. IF child travel outsides UK then the child is subject to immigration control and need to have passport and visa to enter back to the country.

Applying for benefits without ILR is wrong.

Hope this helps.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:20 am

Ok. Thanks a lot for your input guys. I appreciate that...