ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:00 am

aditya1111 wrote:BUT who told u that India does not allow dual citizenship both Ireland and India allow dual citizenship, and ur passport acnt be cancelled like that untill u inform them, you should try to gather more information, i dont think u r right. Manmohan Singh passed this law regarding dual citizenship
I agree with ashimashi that dual citizenship should be discuss in other forum.
But this post from Aditya/TRV may impact some users of this forum.
so, its OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) to which some people call as
"Dual Citizenship". You have to surrender your indian passport.
Here is official Indian Govt. response
http://www.indianembassy.org/New_Template/oci.asp

Thanks Ashimashi to keep the forum intact for citizenship timeline tracker only, I hope all people respect this and any other topic, which is not related to the timeline, or may impact timeline tracking users (like one above), please use a seperate forum,

Now, for those who got naturalisation, once they get certificate posted to them, it is their responsibility to surrender the passport,
you decide to apply for OCI straight away or later but you have to surrender the passport ASAP. Your Indian citizenship rights are automatically revoked from the day you get the naturalisation, you need to get OCI in case you want your OCI rights (dealing investment, property in india etc)
you could fool the system (Or i say, use it as a cool off period) for a short period in travelling but doing this long term would be "Violation of the law" and you can break the law as many time as you can if you are not caught but once you are caught, you are done! and thats true not only for India but for any country.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 am

Called Today Thursday: Application is well advanced.

WFOA = Waiting 4 Outside Agencies

Nana

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

approval

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi

what seems impossible finally happened,

I receive approval letter today
timeframe:
Applied: June 2006
REquested more docs on Nov 2008
In Garda checks and welfare up til May
With Minister by end of May
Approval letter received on: 11/06
Oath scheduled for on 15/06

took only 2 weeks for minister to approve,
good luck to all

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Re: approval

Post by PaddyBoy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:Hi

timeframe:

good luck to all
Congratulations! :) Now you are relieved and ready for a new visa free life, enjoy! Wish the same for all of us who are waiting for their turn to come...

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:16 am

Congratulations ! IwannabePaddy. Anyone who applied in Jan/Feb 08 receive any request for additional documentation? Just wondering if they have started 08 application processing.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 am

IwannaBePaddy wrote:Hi

timeframe:

good luck to all
Congrats

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm

thanks folks!
hope everybody gets thru as well

crown

Post by crown » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:thanks folks!
hope everybody gets thru as well
Congrats
The queue is getting shorter
Crown

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi all,
My smile is getting broader :lol:
I received my certificate of naturalisation by registered mail today :D
I'm now off to process my 'Oirish' passport :wink:
Cheers 8)

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi

That's very quick. When did you send the documents to INIS, after oath?

I thought it takes 4-6 weeks to receive the cert after you send the docs and fees.

Regards

IrelandHopeful wrote:Hi all,
Cheers 8)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 am

Congratulations to IwannaBePaddy!!! :)

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 am

Hi ChIrl,

I received the approval on 19th May (dated 18th May).

Swore the oath of declaration on 20th May.

Sent in my documents on 21st May.

Received the cert of naturalisation on 15th June.

Submitted my passport application on 15th June.

I waited almost a decade to reach this stage and have no intention of letting even 1 second slip past me again. 8)

Regards,

IrelandHopeful
ChIrl wrote:Hi

I thought it takes 4-6 weeks to receive the cert after you send the docs and fees.

Regards

Cheers 8)

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks IRLhopeful.

I am also in the same boat as you.

Received the approval letter on 28th May
Oath on 2nd June
Sent the documents on 2nd June

Waiting for Naturalisation Cert.

Regards

IrelandHopeful wrote:Hi ChIrl,

I received the approval on 19th May (dated 18th May).

Swore the oath of declaration on 20th May.

Sent in my documents on 21st May.

Received the cert of naturalisation on 15th June.

Submitted my passport application on 15th June.

I waited almost a decade to reach this stage and have no intention of letting even 1 second slip past me again. 8)

Regards,

IrelandHopeful
ChIrl wrote:Hi

Regards

Cheers 8)
Last edited by ChIrl on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am

Called and still waiting for outside agencies (social welfare and Garda INIS).

Very strange that a check like this should take this long.

This is just beyond ridicule, a point of non-return.

I rest my case.

Nana

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:22 am

Hello ChIrl and IrelandHopeful,

Would you mind me asking how come you got such quick appointments for the oath? Do you live outside Dublin? What court(s) did you use?

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:26 am

Called them again today, was told the same crap waiting for outside agencies :( ... My job is not tied to this country.. whats the point of being loyal??? I can take my job to a much developed country and get paid even better... I helped not simply by paying taxes but also hiring folks here and promoting local products... any gov folks reading this... thanks for this treatment.... its a pity if they loose people like us...who will work overnight, work on lovely projects, take beatings from customers, still work for less...sacrifice family lives more than any locals...

huh... why should I be loyal?

luckcisco
Newly Registered

Application is been prepared for minister

Post by luckcisco » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi All,

Did anyone who has applied in sept 2006 have got their Naturalization?

From Jan 2009 helpline guys are saying that my application is been prepared to be sent to minister for approval. How long these take normally?

My take is people who submitted to Tipperary office are blessed as they are doing better job than Dublin...

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:37 pm

cnu wrote:Called them again today, was told the same crap waiting for outside agencies :( ... My job is not tied to this country.. whats the point of being loyal??? I can take my job to a much developed country and get paid even better... I helped not simply by paying taxes but also hiring folks here and promoting local products... any gov folks reading this... thanks for this treatment.... its a pity if they loose people like us...who will work overnight, work on lovely projects, take beatings from customers, still work for less...sacrifice family lives more than any locals...

I am only here until aprox January 2010. Than I am on my way to Canada. If I get it before I leave, good! Nothing still good. So if you can leave do so. Sorry to say, but this country will be the last to recover from this mess, that is if they ever recover. Not going to pay massive amounts of tax because of mismangement. They made a bigger mess in a few short years than Robert Mugabe did in his whole ruling career.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm

cnu wrote:Called them again today, was told the same crap waiting for outside agencies :( ... My job is not tied to this country.. whats the point of being loyal??? I can take my job to a much developed country and get paid even better... I helped not simply by paying taxes but also hiring folks here and promoting local products... any gov folks reading this... thanks for this treatment.... its a pity if they loose people like us...who will work overnight, work on lovely projects, take beatings from customers, still work for less...sacrifice family lives more than any locals...

The longer the wait, the more determined are the 'Approved' ones to flee & settle in UK or Mainland Europe. Not sure how many of those who waited for 3+ years would be loyal & stay here forever..'EU' passport is all some folks need..

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 am

[quote="rustig"][quote="cnu"]Called them again today, was told the same crap waiting for outside agencies :( ... My job is not tied to this country.. whats the point of being loyal??? I can take my job to a much developed country and get paid even better... I helped not simply by paying taxes but also hiring folks here and promoting local products... any gov folks reading this... thanks for this treatment.... its a pity if they loose people like us...who will work overnight, work on lovely projects, take beatings from customers, still work for less...sacrifice family lives more than any locals...

huh... why should I be loyal?[/quote]

I am only here until aprox January 2010. Than I am on my way to Canada. If I get it before I leave, good! Nothing still good. So if you can leave do so. Sorry to say, but this country will be the last to recover from this mess, that is if they ever recover. Not going to pay massive amounts of tax because of mismangement. They made a bigger mess in a few short years than Robert Mugabe did in his whole ruling career.[/quote]

very true...atleast african country is filled with natural resources and ireland doesn't. so if any of these country tried to recover, it is anyones guess who will succeed.. i am here nine years, plan to leave when i have my passport...someone may ask why i want an irish passport if i don't like it here....here is the answer....that is the least these irish f*ckers owe me for paying bloody 40% tax for non stop nine years and still getting scr*wed...because they think that I haven"t paid enough to pay their social welfare s*ckers.... c u in canada...i have my PRC for canada..it is no paradise these days but better than ireland for sure...

hussie
Newly Registered

Dubliner suffering

Post by hussie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 am

Hi guys

I finally got my letter.

Called Dolphin House court for Dublin today and received an appointment for 22 October.

Tried Dun Laoghaire but they only deal with locals. Any tips?

What's the process after this? I send the Form7 back... wait x weeks and then apply for pasport and wait y weeks?

Any idea for the timelines of x and y?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 am

Congratulations hussie.

From what i can gather...
x = 4 to 6 (but some have been quicker)
y = 2

When did you get your letter asking for more documents?

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:03 am

this is the strange bit.

(I'm selfemployed. don't know if that has an effect)

I was asked for extra docos in November last year and sent back everything in december.

I didn't hear anything back until April this year when they asked for tax docs again. I send them the same stuff again. I don't really see when my application could have been at the garda or minister. It must have been pretty quick if it's been since the previous doc exchange in April and now.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:09 am

That does seem odd, maybe they check self employed people a bit more than others regarding finances?
Your timelines are more or less in line with mine (or a little later), and still I wait... :roll:

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 am

ICI writes to Justice Minister about citizenship concerns
The ICI has written to Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform Dermot Ahern, TD, to highlight our concerns about lengthy delays in processing citizenship applications and the disproportionately high fees charged in Ireland, in comparison to other jurisdictions.

The ICI has also urged the Minister to immediately reverse the apparent policy of deferring for 12 months a final decision on some applications to ascertain whether the applicants remain in employment during that time. We are aware of some decisions being deferred despite the applicant having met the eligibility criteria for applying and having been in employment in Ireland during the necessary period of “reckonable residencyâ€