ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR HSMP JR) Approved - Croydon PEO - 3yrs 11mnths 10days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

ilr

Post by itsme » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

it isnt mentioned anywhere in ILR application about unemployment, i guess if you can show 3-6 month current payslip/letter from employer/bank statement and last P60 that should be suffice.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 pm

My question is not about the HSMP period. I am aware one doesn't need to be employed all the time under HSMP.
However, my worry is about whether the clock would be reset from the start of my HSMP period (March '06), rather than continue from WP period (Jan '05). This is because of the interpretation of the period Feb-Apr '06 when I returned home to apply for HSMP (even though my WP was for 4 years from Jan '05). Would this be treated as a break or a continuation?

Sten

Post by Sten » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:45 pm

global gypsy wrote: This is because of the interpretation of the period Feb-Apr '06 when I returned home to apply for HSMP (even though my WP was for 4 years from Jan '05). Would this be treated as a break or a continuation?
what visa did you have stamped, entry clearance or FLR ?

but frankly this looks like you reset the clock when you left the country
Good luck !

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Sten wrote:what visa did you have stamped, entry clearance or FLR ?

Just checked my passport - both the stamps (the original WP and the later HSMP) say Entry Clearance. Are you saying this could reset the clock?
Bummer. This would mean I can apply only by April 2010.

But one thing I don't follow though: for anyone who switched from WP to HSMP the new stamp would have been an Entry Clearance, right? (You can only get an FLR if you extend your WP?)

So how could this by itself lead to a reset of the clock?

live_uk
Newly Registered

Please HELP

Post by live_uk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Please some one can point me in right direction for my ILR, that would be great help,

I am on HSMP old rules and coverd by this JR,

I have got my My Initial HSMP and Entry Clearance approved on 22nd July 2005 and I arrived in the UK 28 Aug 05. and I am on 1 + 4 group, so still I had about 12 months to go on the visa,

Now when can I apply for ILR,

I have called HO but no help, even they told me to apply through the post, but no date, no other information about ILR Application Process,

Many Thanks for your valuable time on this,

Best Regards,

global gypsy

Re: Please HELP

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm

live_uk wrote:I have got my My Initial HSMP and Entry Clearance approved on 22nd July 2005 and I arrived in the UK 28 Aug 05. and I am on 1 + 4 group, so still I had about 12 months to go on the visa,

Now when can I apply for ILR,
Based on the info you have provided, your case seems straightforward.
Your clock started on 28-Aug-05, so you are eligible for ILR as of 28-Aug-09 under HSMP JR rules.
Which means you can book your PEO appointment for 01-Aug-09.

All this assumes you satisfy other requirements like max no. of days outside of UK, no break, employment, etc.

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Gypsy,

As far as I know as long as you got your HSMP clearance before your WP clearance expired (as seems to be the case) you're OK since there's no break between your visas.

Sten

Post by Sten » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:59 pm

global gypsy wrote:But one thing I don't follow though: for anyone who switched from WP to HSMP the new stamp would have been an Entry Clearance, right? (You can only get an FLR if you extend your WP?)
I do not think so, Entry Clearance - is only when you are about to entry the country, but if you switch in-country you should get FLR ("further leave" - you are already in, so just continuing to stay, in contrast to "entry" - you cannot continue to stay if you are not in the country, you can only enter the country again).

If I were you, I would google "continuous stay ILR" or something like that, to find the exact quotes from HO documents for starters ..the part about unpaid leave from your WP employment is not clear though ..
Good luck !

tomisa222
Newly Registered

Police registration certificate for IRR

Post by tomisa222 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks for the answer to my previous query,
is Police registration certificate necessary?

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Police registration certificate for IRR

Post by f2k » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:35 am

tomisa222 wrote:Thanks for the answer to my previous query,
is Police registration certificate necessary?
If you were asked to register with the police in your initial visa then you need to include your certificate

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 am

global gypsy wrote:
Sten wrote:what visa did you have stamped, entry clearance or FLR ?

Just checked my passport - both the stamps (the original WP and the later HSMP) say Entry Clearance. Are you saying this could reset the clock?
Bummer. This would mean I can apply only by April 2010.

But one thing I don't follow though: for anyone who switched from WP to HSMP the new stamp would have been an Entry Clearance, right? (You can only get an FLR if you extend your WP?)

So how could this by itself lead to a reset of the clock?
Entry Clearance is exactly the same as FLR for the purpose of ILR except. However, your period of absence would be between the time you left and the time that you entered. Also if your entry was delayed because of pending application you can adjust that period calculation. I have read this somewhere, if you need the link I will find for you and post. The clock will not be reset.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:57 am

global gypsy wrote: I was on a 4-year WP from Jan 2005, then switched to HSMP from March 2006. I was away from the UK mid-Feb to end-April 2006, which is when I applied for HSMP from home country. I was on long leave (unpaid) from my employer, and when I got back to the UK didn't resume that job, but instead applied for another job.
Do you have the Communication with your WP employer about Long Leave? And about termination and P45 because these would determine your end of employment.

Also Mid Feb to End April is less than 90 days.

Logically I think you are ok, because you were a) neither unemployed b) nor out of uk for more than 90 days.

Please do update the result of case. It would indeed help.

ob40

Post by ob40 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:01 am

Hi,

Any more experiences on ILR based on HSMP JR ? It will be very helpful to share these for ones who will be applying shortly.

Best Wishes

ob40

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:57 am

check my experience
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---