ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shoplifting caution ? what to do ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

edi_extn
Newly Registered

shoplifting caution ? what to do ?

Post by edi_extn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm

I was caught shoplifting and received a caution and was left as a first timer with a warning. I am on a dependent visa and we are planning to extend ?

I was taken to police station where my hubby had to bring my passport to get me out ?

should we declare the caution ? since was not a conviction ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

Its best to declare in the application form. If you dont declare, and By any means if case worker will come to know, he will reject your visa...with a ban.. Believe me i am going through this as i did not declare my driving convistion in initial application. I declared after few weeks "Sent change of circumstance form" its been 8 weeks now and still waiting.. :(. I am covered under JR so i dont have any other issues in my application.

dsds
Newly Registered

dependent visa entry clearance and police caution

Post by dsds » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:05 pm

I had a police caution in 2007 , at the time I have only dependent visa, on 2009 I return back to India , now I am planning to go back uk , my dought is it is an affect my visa application?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 pm

You guys get into a lot of trouble ay :?

manishmittal
BANNED

Re: shoplifting caution ? what to do ?

Post by manishmittal » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm

edi_extn wrote:I was caught shoplifting and received a caution and was left as a first timer with a warning. I am on a dependent visa and we are planning to extend ?

I was taken to police station where my hubby had to bring my passport to get me out ?

What kind of person you are?

push

Post by push » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 pm

let us not try to be on a high moral ground here and not try to be judgemental. Someone has asked us for help - if we do not have anything to offer, let us not start questioning a person's credibility at least.

My opinion - you should declare the issue as the risks associated with not doing so outweigh everything else. It would not affect the outcome of your VISA.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:22 pm

It would not affect the outcome of your VISA
For now OP but things are changing. In future if you decide to settle in UK, apply for citizenship and come under the remit of the new rules, this may come back to bite you.....

push

Post by push » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:49 pm

SKUK wrote:
It would not affect the outcome of your VISA
For now OP but things are changing. In future if you decide to settle in UK, apply for citizenship and come under the remit of the new rules, this may come back to bite you.....
True

Just an aside - (pls take it in lighter vein) A person known to me got such charges dropped by getting his lawyer to prove that this (shoftlifing in his case) was a psychological problem !!
regards,
push

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 am

[quote
Just an aside - (pls take it in lighter vein) A person known to me got such charges dropped by getting his lawyer to prove that this (shoftlifing in his case) was a psychological problem !![/quote]

This is a smart one!!!.. this would definetly help the thread starter, who has asked this question.. 8)

Post by 1971 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am

Hi All,

What is bad is bad. A shoplifter is a thief and there is no other way to describe it. It's only in this country that such offence is called shoplifting.In my country, you are a thief and must be prosecuted for that act. You steal what you like, which doesnt belong to you,you can or cant afford, and you call it shoplifting... That's a shameless and disgraceful thing to do as a dependent of a HSMP.

I'm a very helpful person on this forum but in my honest opinion, I think you really need to think of the implications of your action on your responsible hubby/wife who worked so hard for the HSMP approval.

Watch what you do today because it may come back to hunt you forever.

on a lighter note, you must declare it. if you dont and the CW finds out, which is very likely, you and the original applicant may face the penalty of rejection and 10 years ban.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.
"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Edi-extn

You have right to know what information is held about you on police records, i.e criminal records beurau. To access your info you will need to apply for police clearance certificate thru www.acpo.police.uk

If anything is listed against your name it will come on police clearance certi.
if nothing is listed, it will clearly state no criminal records found.

I suggest you get this before applying, if no record on certi then you neednt disclose this warning.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

push

Post by push » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 pm

neoseal wrote:Edi-extn

You have right to know what information is held about you on police records, i.e criminal records beurau. To access your info you will need to apply for police clearance certificate thru www.acpo.police.uk

If anything is listed against your name it will come on police clearance certi.
if nothing is listed, it will clearly state no criminal records found.

I suggest you get this before applying, if no record on certi then you neednt disclose this warning.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck
Are you sure ?? This seems like a site of Police Officer's association!!
regards,
push

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:20 am

You can get SAR report from HO to check what information HO is holding for you. If they do not hold this information for you then chances are very less that case worker will trouble himself to go and check your details in Police Database (especially when you are not convicted).
If all information at HO's database is fine than you are clear.

BUT on the other hand, since your spouse has to rescue you by showing your passport at police station, chances are that police might have inform HO about it.

In both the cases, I would definetly check SAR report to find out which is the case.
edi_extn wrote:I was caught shoplifting and received a caution and was left as a first timer with a warning. I am on a dependent visa and we are planning to extend ?

Kathy.Hawes
BANNED

Post by Kathy.Hawes » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Thief and Highly Skilled Migrant means Highly Skilled Thief. Well done.