ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone allay my anxieties?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sideshowsue

Can someone allay my anxieties?

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Because my application for naturalisation has run on for so long (It is, nevertheless, well within the timeframes reported by others posting here. I applied in August 2006), it's given me way too much time to reflect on the possibility that the INIS might find reason to refuse my application.

What worries me is that I'm classified as a stay-at-home mother. I've never claimed SW benefits (except child benefit, but I gather that's OK), I have no special privileges like a medical card, nor do I draw any additional income supports. I haven't ever 'come to the attention to the Gardai.' My husband is on a 6-figure salary, so it's not like we're a burden on the State, but I've started to worry that the INIS might regard my not being in gainful employment as a reason to reject my application.

The last I heard was that my application was being prepared for submission to the minister, so I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard of or perhaps knows someone in a similar position as me, i.e. dependent spouse of a high-earning non-Irish national, and the final decision on their application for naturalisation.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Can someone allay my anxieties?

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Because my application for naturalisation has run on for so long (It is, nevertheless, well within the timeframes reported by others posting here. I applied in August 2006), it's given me way too much time to reflect on the possibility that the INIS might find reason to refuse my application.

What worries me is that I'm classified as a stay-at-home mother. I've never claimed SW benefits (except child benefit, but I gather that's OK), I have no special privileges like a medical card, nor do I draw any additional income supports. I haven't ever 'come to the attention to the Gardai.' My husband is on a 6-figure salary, so it's not like we're a burden on the State, but I've started to worry that the INIS might regard my not being in gainful employment as a reason to reject my application.

The last I heard was that my application was being prepared for submission to the minister, so I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard of or perhaps knows someone in a similar position as me, i.e. dependent spouse of a high-earning non-Irish national, and the final decision on their application for naturalization.
It is perfectly fine. You application being prepared for submission to the minister is a huge step above Waiting For Outside Agency (WFOA).

You will not be rejected on the basis that you are a Home-maker.
You are bringing up children which is work in itself, and your husband is earning enough to support his family. There is absolutely no reason to be worried. The naturalization process as you would have gathered is quite a lengthily process in Ireland. There is a possibility yours is near the end of it.

I wish you all the best for the future.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Thank you for your reply. It makes me feel better.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't think you have anything to worry about. How long ago were you told that your application was being sent to the minister?

From all I have gathered on this forum and other friends, it takes about 4-6 weeks for a decision to be reached once an application has been forwarded to the minister.

I think you can relax and expect the good news soon
Last edited by 9jeirean on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Because my application for naturalisation has run on for so long (It is, nevertheless, well within the timeframes reported by others posting here. I applied in August 2006), it's given me way too much time to reflect on the possibility that the INIS might find reason to refuse my application.

The last I heard was that my application was being prepared for submission to the minister, so I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard of or perhaps knows someone in a similar position as me, i.e. dependent spouse of a high-earning non-Irish national, and the final decision on their application for naturalisation.
Have to agree with the others,dont see any reason for you to be worried about.But at the end of the day its only human for us to worry about things like this.My application is still with outside agencies,but still I am worried aswell that their is something they will find to refuse my application.
Best of luck,and keep us updated,I am sure you will hear from them pretty soon.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 am

No news is very annoying, but it is probably good news.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am

Just found this and thought I might share with you - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ralisation - read section self supporting. So as long as you havent claimed social assistance in the last 3 years you will be fine.