ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mepals

Re: Some Extension Form queries!!

Post by mepals » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi, I am also looking for the information on the following questions. Could someone throw light on it. TIA.
hsmp07 wrote:I am planning to apply for Extension by end of next month as my HSMP visa is expiring in late August 2009. I had come to UK under HSMP in Sept 2007.

I was going through the form for my self and my spouse. I have a few queries:

Q1.
Section 1 - Payment Details

Can I make a payment with Visa Electron Debit card? On the form visa(including Electron) is listed under accepted credit cards and delta/maestro are listed under debit cards.

Q2.
Section 2 - Applicants Details

B10 Home office reference number (if known)?
B13 Points based system migrant reference number? (if known)

a.
On the HSMP approval letter there is a number on top that says 'Our Reference' , is that the Homeoffice reference number(B10) or Points based system migrant ref no(B13).
b.
Actually I have to apply for my spouse also, and she has similar questions on them - in section 2 Dependent details. I was wondering whether the same number as the main applicant has to be put in her form, as dependents dont get any seperate approval letter with some reference number.

Q3.
D4 : Reference number on entry clearance

On the entry clearance visa there are two numbers listed, one is on the top right in red, and the other is a long number (alpha numeric) at the bottom that starts with passport number. Which one of the two do I need to fill in??

Q4.
What is the preferred way of sending the application..Royal Mail or some courier service?

I would really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions. Thanks

mepals

Post by mepals » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi, I am also looking for the information on the following questions. Could someone throw light on it. TIA.
hsmp07 wrote:I am planning to apply for Extension by end of next month as my HSMP visa is expiring in late August 2009. I had come to UK under HSMP in Sept 2007.

Q1.

Can I make a payment with Visa Electron Debit card? On the form visa(including Electron) is listed under accepted credit cards and delta/maestro are listed under debit cards.

Q2.

a.
On the HSMP approval letter there is a number on top that says 'Our Reference' , is that the Homeoffice reference number(B10) or Points based system migrant ref no(B13).
b.
Actually I have to apply for my spouse also, and she has similar questions on them - in section 2 Dependent details. I was wondering whether the same number as the main applicant has to be put in her form, as dependents dont get any seperate approval letter with some reference number.

Q3.

On the entry clearance visa there are two numbers listed, one is on the top right in red, and the other is a long number (alpha numeric) at the bottom that starts with passport number. Which one of the two do I need to fill in??

Q4.
What is the preferred way of sending the application..Royal Mail or some courier service?

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:25 am

mepals wrote:Hi, I am also looking for the information on the following questions. Could someone throw light on it. TIA.

Q1.

Yes you can

Q2.

a.
On the HSMP approval letter there is a number on top that says 'Our Reference' , is that the Homeoffice reference number(B10) or Points
based system migrant ref no(B13).

Yes, that is correct.
b.

Q3.

The one in red color at top right corner

Q4.

Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:29 am

Hi,

For my salary proof - I have only one statement of earnings letter from employer stating the total amount ££££ was paid between xx08 to xx09. They haven't provided a weekly break-up of the payment.

Would this be sufficient, along with the bank statements?

Thanks.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 am

If the Letter head shows company Logo, name and address and the same amount which shows in the Bank statement are same, i don't think that will be a problem, basic rule is your pay slip and bank statement should shows same amount of credit.

wphsmpwp123
Newly Registered

Re: Documents

Post by wphsmpwp123 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:28 pm

[quote="uckocak"][quote="sanak"]Hi Allgo,

Can you please let me know the list of document you submitted and also the can you please share the covering letter...Please ..

I am trying to understand though the Tier 1 extension guide state that degree and English letter and Age proof send earlier is not required. But did you submitt.

I am thinking of submitting following documents

1. Payslip 12 month.
2.Bankstatement 12 month.
3. Maintainenance fund.
4. letter from employer confirming my employment.
Thanks in Advance.
Sana[/quote]

Sana,

Below what i submitted with section reference. It may help.

• 2 passport size photos
• Passport – Evidence for Section R
• Birth Certificate with translation – Section R extra evidence
• Police registration certificate – Required for Turkish citizens
• NARIC certificate – Extra evidence for Section S (Original academic certificate was provided in previous HSMP application)
• Company Payslips – Evidence for Section T, U
• Bank statements (debit account) - Evidence for Section T, U
• Company letter – Evidence for Section T, U
• P60 certificate – Evidence for Section T, U
• Section V - English language requirement was previously satisfied.
• Bank Statements (Savings account) – Evidence for Section W
• Section X – I am not receiving any Public Funds

Thanks, Utkan[/quote]

My query is smiliar to sana's..Ukkocak is being too cautious with extra eveidence ..I was wondering what exactly we have to submit...for eg of we are claiming points for education on the basis of previous grant, i wonder if its still essential to submit again.

I am planning to apply for Extension by end of this month as my HSMP visa is expiring in late September 2009. I had come to UK under WP in March2007and had shifted to hsmp in sept 2007

I was going through the form for my self and my spouse and dept. I have a few queries:

a) Page 48 Section 3c
Duration of study: exactly which period does it refer to (including or exculding exams /results).Do we have to prove the duration of study as I have no proof for the same .My certifcate does not specificaly state the no of yrs.
b) Qualification: Points based calculator has 3 types of Bacholors type
Bachelors, bachelor(with honours) bachelor(pass ordinary)..what is the difference?
c) what excatcly do we mean by Grade..My certificate does not mention overall grade..just mentions class (Pass or first) for different groups..
d)Page 20 If ans to D1 is yes, what does D5 mean? do we have to fill D6,D7,D8,D9,D10
e) page 49..Do we still need to produce the academic certificate if we are claiming same points as earlier initial application?
F) Does anybody confirm if someone changes from hsmp to WP, we lose out of yrs under hsmp as those yrs(under hsmp) are not considered during ILR assesment..

Pls help sort out these queries...Many Thanks

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm

ukdreamer wrote:If the Letter head shows company Logo, name and address and the same amount which shows in the Bank statement are same, i don't think that will be a problem, basic rule is your pay slip and bank statement should shows same amount of credit.
No, the statement shows the total figure paid by them & not as individual breakups (which was made as weekly payments). The bank statements show week by week pay.

Is this a problem?

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Guidence says that you need to provide 2 kinds of document to prove your income. I guess case worker go by the book and try to compare the payslip with the bank statment. Have you mention that information in the Covering letter?

May be other senior member can light on this.

Finger crossed!

flytouknida

Verification call to company

Post by flytouknida » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi All,
Can any body got verification/enquiry call to company when you people apply for extension? If so ambassy people will make a call or send a mail?. My company is very small company. We mostly work from customer places. we have virtual office. They recieve calls and forward to us.

Please share your experience regarding enquiry about employee in a company.

Thanks in advance

dpnagarajan
Newly Registered

Re: Got HSMP -> Tier1 Extension

Post by dpnagarajan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 pm

ukdreamer wrote:Hi Guys, My current Visa expiry date is Jan 2010 and my new Visa stamped till Jan 2013. I have applied 7 months earlier. My application is straight forward so i sent only 12 months payslip and 12 month Bank statement, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my kids. and fees £820+50+50+50.

Time line
Sent application on 2nd June
Money deducted on 3rd June
Letter Received on 4th June
Visa Stamped on 16th June
Document recevied on 18th June

they process in flat 12 days!!

Good luck to all :)
Hi
I have my extension in mid October 2009. I'm also planning to apply for early extension. The guidance note says that they encourage the applicants to apply one month in advance.

If I apply in mid July'09, it will b 3 months in advance.

Is there any case of rejection for early application? Can any of the board members clarify this?

Thanks
Nags

ukdreamer

Re: Got HSMP -> Tier1 Extension

Post by ukdreamer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 am

Real example of my extension application is infront of you, i have applied 8 months in advance and got approval!!! what gurantee you need to apply!!?

Good luck

dpnagarajan wrote:
ukdreamer wrote:Hi Guys, My current Visa expiry date is Jan 2010 and my new Visa stamped till Jan 2013. I have applied 7 months earlier. My application is straight forward so i sent only 12 months payslip and 12 month Bank statement, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my kids. and fees £820+50+50+50.

Time line
Sent application on 2nd June
Money deducted on 3rd June
Letter Received on 4th June
Visa Stamped on 16th June
Document recevied on 18th June

they process in flat 12 days!!

Good luck to all :)
Hi
I have my extension in mid October 2009. I'm also planning to apply for early extension. The guidance note says that they encourage the applicants to apply one month in advance.

If I apply in mid July'09, it will b 3 months in advance.

Is there any case of rejection for early application? Can any of the board members clarify this?

Thanks
Nags

CH

Post by CH » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Tier-1 Extension:

applied on 16-06-09
fee deducted 18-06-09
HO ref received 18-06-09
decision/visa date 24-06-09
documents received 26-06-09

Total 10 Days.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 pm

The recommended guidance for applying extention is 4 to 5 weeks before the expiry of ur leave. But, some of our beloved members here have jumped the queue and have sent their appln even 7 months before their expiry (referring those without a fair and urgent requirement), just out desperation. HO doesn't seem to mind. Same is the case with the Croydon PEO. Fair enough.

I have 5 weeks left for my ILR to expire & I'm sending my application now. If HO claim they don't have the time to process it - I'm not going to leave them until they give a satisfactory explanation.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 pm

rsatish, applying early is not desperation, it is easier to attract an employer to offer Permanent Job, i was denaied an offer based on the less Visa period status, Guidenance says, you can apply for extension any time before your current Visa expires, as long as you qualified for the PBS.

Appling ILR is truly based on the period of your stay continiously 4 or 5yrs, so you can't apply earlier for the ILR.

Both category are different and the diferrent process, one can't compare the time line similarly. Hence no need to say 'Desparate' for others :)

rsathish wrote:The recommended guidance for applying extention is 4 to 5 weeks before the expiry of ur leave. But, some of our beloved members here have jumped the queue and have sent their appln even 7 months before their expiry (referring those without a fair and urgent requirement), just out desperation. HO doesn't seem to mind. Same is the case with the Croydon PEO. Fair enough.

I have 5 weeks left for my ILR to expire & I'm sending my application now. If HO claim they don't have the time to process it - I'm not going to leave them until they give a satisfactory explanation.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 am

No I put it wrong, 'am applying for FLR not ILR.

I don't think the guidance states you can apply for FLR - anytime before your visa expires. If that's the case, one can spend 1yr of the 3yr Tier 1 and apply for FLR. Couldn't they, theoritically?

My employer offered me a Perm job even though I had only 5 months left on my ILR visa to expire.

So when you clearly had >7 months left, I dont think you got a fair response on your job offer. They are just trying to conjure up something. I wouldn't have accepted that decision as valid.

Now that you got ur visa extended, have they given you that Perm job? I wouldn't put my bet on that.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Guidance says ' If you are in HSMP, you need to switch to Tier1 any time before your current visa expires'. This offer is not valid for Tier1 Extension. I am not able to find that link for the same article in UKBA website to provide here.

Before apply myself, i have followed this forum couple of months and looking other experience. Before commenting anything we need to consider other factors, just we didn't see the guidanece that doesn't mean others don't see it.

What ever the original reason that employer gives me short term visa duration reason, i didn't bother to question him, cause i got another contract for better rate at the same time.

Just stop questioning un-relavant matters. Get what you want in this forum.

Good luck

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:25 pm

I will save you time. Here is the link --> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

It clearly states - "One month before your leave runs out..."

In my two years here, 've seen a fair deal of agencies/ employers - good, bad & ugly. I'm only telling you that your employer is taking you for a ride by quoting visa duration as a reason. I don't expect you to take this advise. Its for others in the forum, too.

My only worry is that ppl after seeing your post, would start sending extension applications as and when they feel & it's going to end up in a mad rush for extensions.[/b]

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Mr. rsatish.

Don't pretend like you are the only take care of this forum, we here to share our experience and some will find that is usefull.

You are Worried for what!!!? i don't understand! I am not the only one to get extended, look at this threads

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#248773
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I have influenced from mr. 'visitkans' application approval and then i did! i am sure some body will get benefit, let them apply sooner and get extended in this worst economic condition. You never know job market in this country later this year.

Do you have any problem for HC granting visa for earlier applications?? :)

uckocak

Tier 1 extension approval

Post by uckocak » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 11-06-09
Documents received: 12-06-09
Fee Deducted: 15-06-09
Visa stamped: 24-06-09
Documents received: 26-06-09

Total 15 Days.

Thanks everyone.

vijay13
Newly Registered

extending my HSMP

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi,

I have HSMP valid till Feb 2010 and i have Bachelors degree,AM I eligible for extension wiht my Bachelors degree or need Master as per the new Rule.

Cheers

uckocak

Re: extending my HSMP

Post by uckocak » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

vijay13 wrote:Hi,

I have HSMP valid till Feb 2010 and i have Bachelors degree,AM I eligible for extension wiht my Bachelors degree or need Master as per the new Rule.

Cheers
Hi,

Yes you are eligible for extension. Please check the application form,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
and go to page 30, which is asking if you are extending your stay after HSMP, it says go to section 3C.
Under Section 3C (starts at page 47), you will see that you can claim your 30 points for Bachelor of Science under page 48.

Hope this helps.

Utkan

vijay13
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension URGENT PLEASE HELP

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks Utkan,Has anyone got the extension on bachelors degree

uckocak

Re: HSMP Extension URGENT PLEASE HELP

Post by uckocak » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 pm

vijay13 wrote:Thanks Utkan,Has anyone got the extension on bachelors degree
I did

vijay13
Newly Registered

Tier 1 cover letter

Post by vijay13 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:59 am

Guys,

Does anyone have a cover letter which i can refer to...anyhelp would be highly appreciated.

flytouknida

Re: Tier 1 extension approval

Post by flytouknida » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:11 pm

uckocak wrote:Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 11-06-09
Documents received: 12-06-09
Fee Deducted: 15-06-09
Visa stamped: 24-06-09
Documents received: 26-06-09

Total 15 Days.

Thanks everyone.

Hi uckocak,
Congrats for getting approval and stamping.
Can you let us share what documents you provided? Did you provide any letter from your company?

Thanks in advance
Nida
Cong