ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Work-Permit from within UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vim
Newly Registered

Applying Work-Permit from within UK

Post by vim » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi,

I am a full-time PhD student in Electronics Eng in a UK University, hoping to graduate in November 2005. Prior to starting my PhD, I completed my Masters degree from India and had about two years of (relevant to my future work) work-experience in India.

I have secured placement with a private firm, and they have contacted an agency to apply for work-permit for me. Today I received a message that I need to first graduate from a UK university to apply for the work-permit.

Regarding Leave to Remain(LTR), I have witnessed a few cases where the candidate had to 'graduate first' and then apply for LTR, if applying within the country, does that hold the same for 'Work-permit' as well.

Can someone help if graduating from a UK university is mandatory for the work-permit application.

Thanks
Vimal