ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR - In person PEO and postal experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Postal applicants from 21-22 May have been receiving back their ILRs already since last week. There are threads around this board.

I'm tempted to just make a postal application (my Croydon appointment is 13 July). But I don't have all my documents yet (still waiting for employer letter).

manishmittal
BANNED

Post by manishmittal » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:46 am

dk79 wrote:People,

I couldn't get an appointment for in-person ILR. HO says all the slots in all the PEOs are full. Please tell me if there are any tricks in timing the call for appointment.

Thanks,
dk79
Start calling them at 8:50am and don't stop (even for a second) till 9:10. You may be lucky to get picked up at 9:00 or 9:05. After that try in the evening. There may be some cancellations.

Tosan
Newly Registered

ILR approved at Sheffield PEO under HSMP JR

Post by Tosan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:55 am

Hi Guys,

I got my ILR (with 2 dependants – wife and 4 month old son) approved at Sheffield PEO on Friday 19th of June. Appointment was for 12:45pm and I arrived 30 mins early for security checks. I was asked to go to a reception and pick up a tally number – that will be used to call you to the counter throughout the day.

Documents Review
I was called at about 1:00pm. The lady asked if I was applying under the HSMP JR. I answered yes and she asked for my HSMP approval letter – the original approval letter. She then asked for the passports, application form, payslips and bank statements only. I told her that I had my P60s and Birth Certificate for my son and she said I should still hold on to them. She looked at the documents completed a tick box form on her desk. She then took the passports in and assigned it to a case officer, gave my documents back to me and asked that I go and pay at the payment counter.

Payment Counter
Got to the payment counter at 1.30pm, made a payment and handed in my documents. This time I included my P60s and my sons Birth Certificate (since he was included in the application) as I did not want to be called up again for additional information. This took about 15 mins and I had to sit and wait for a decision.

Documents submitted
ï

Tosan
Newly Registered

ILR approved at Sheffield PEO under HSMP JR

Post by Tosan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Guys,

I got my ILR (with 2 dependants – wife and 4 month old son) approved at Sheffield PEO on Friday 19th of June. Appointment was for 12:45pm and I arrived 30 mins early for security checks. I was asked to go to a reception and pick up a tally number – that will be used to call you to the counter throughout the day.

Documents Review
I was called at about 1:00pm. The lady asked if I was applying under the HSMP JR. I answered yes and she asked for my HSMP approval letter – the original approval letter. She then asked for the passports, application form, payslips and bank statements only. I told her that I had my P60s and Birth Certificate for my son and she said I should still hold on to them. She looked at the documents completed a tick box form on her desk. She then took the passports in and assigned it to a case officer, gave my documents back to me and asked that I go and pay at the payment counter.

Payment Counter
Got to the payment counter at 1.30pm, made a payment and handed in my documents. This time I included my P60s and my sons Birth Certificate (since he was included in the application) as I did not want to be called up again for additional information. This took about 15 mins and I had to sit and wait for a decision.

Documents submitted
ï

Mehr Nazakat Ali
BANNED

Post by Mehr Nazakat Ali » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Please advise

I received HSMP dated 27/07/2004 for 1 year
arived in uk 04/10/2004
first extention received on 27/07/2005 till 27/07/2008
second extension application date 21/07/2008, extension received till 03/09/2011
ILR Received today 24/06/2009 with letter back dating from 05/10/2008.
Have been refused one off check with condition that i had not met 4 year HSMP criteria for indifinite leave to remain.

Please help, I was expecting £750 which seem ....bad debt now

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Mehr Nazakat Ali wrote:Please advise

arived in uk 04/10/2004
second extension application date 21/07/2008, extension received till 03/09/2011
Have been refused one off check with condition that i had not met 4 year HSMP criteria for indifinite leave to remain.

It is not clear in your story above why you were refused the one-off payment. What is the real reasn behind this decision? When were you told that you were not entitled to this payment since you received your ILR just today? Did you applied separately or what?

Also, was your ILR application done by post of at PEO? Thanks

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Mehr Nazakat Ali wrote:Please advise

arived in uk 04/10/2004

Already answered this in another thread (postal applications thread).

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 am

ob40 wrote:Hi,

Any more experiences on ILR based on HSMP JR ? It will be very helpful to share these for ones who will be applying shortly.

Best Wishes

ob40
Hello,
My experience is at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=. I hope its useful.

Regards

ob40

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:22 am

Hi all got my ILR on 3rd July.

I received text msg a day before.

My appointment was today at 12.45 at Sheffield office.

I asked security staff when is earliest i can come in , they asked if i was on my own i said no my family is waiting outside. He said "you can go in now" at 10:45 and i was there with my family at 11:00.

i was given token number.

in 5-10 mins my number was called.

i gave passport and application and related docs. lady did not ask for anything and checked everything i submitted and beleive everything was complete.

she asked me to make payment which was very next counter.

i paid at 11:25 and waited for my number to be called again.

i checked at 1:30 and my case still in queue to be assigned to case worker.

1:45 caseworker called my number and went quickly through the doc i had submitted.

he said everything is fine and he will enter the details in the system which can take upto 45 mins and then he will inform me of the outcome and then he send the passport for stamping which could take upto 1 and half hrs.

He asked if i want to know my LIUK test score which was 23/24. He said welldone.

i was waiting again at 2:00.

he was back at 2:45 and said application is successful and returned the docs back. he said passport are being stamped now and will be with you soon.

I got my passport pretty soon just in 10 minutes and at 2:55 i was out of there.

staff was really helpful and freindly.

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:10 am

Rex wrote:My appointment was today at 12.45 at Sheffield office.
He said "you can go in now" at 10:45 and i was there with my family at 11:00.
Does it mean the appointment time is not strictly followed, you can come any time before ?
Good luck !

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:34 am

yes, as per my experience.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:12 am

Rex wrote:yes, as per my experience.
better be early but don't risk coming in late!

Filipinas

ILR - PEO Croydon

Post by Filipinas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi, thanks for the constant updates from the forum, my family and I more or less knew what the scenario would be during the PEO appointment. We had our appointment yesterday at 915am. At 8:50 the guards were letting us in (7 people were before us), so it meant that had we gone a little earlier then we could have shortened the waiting time.

After the "airport-style" security check, we were asked to queue at one side .Before we were allowed to go straight to one of the tills, the security lady asked if we were under HSMP all throughout or with WP at sometime and we just said HSMP all through out. I don't know the reason for this nor what would have been the scenario if we were under WP at some point.

At the counter, we were seen by one of the customer advisor at the till who checked on our papers. He asked for 12 months bank statements and 12 months pay slips although there was a large post on the glass that they require just 3 months of wage slips. Then the guy noticed that we had a certificate of employment at hand and said that he wouldn't have asked for anythng more if we showed him that we had a COE. We just said well, we were just giving him what he asked for. Before the end of the check, he asked for our reference number, which I forgot to bring and unfortunately, the promised text message for the confirmation never came- but he managed to trace our appointment details and handed us a paper with the number of people expected to go up to the 1st floor and a new reference number.

First floor: We were asked to pay at the till on the left, and although I was still waiting for my turn to pay, our reference number was called at one of the counters at the other end where the assigned immigration officer/s are. My husband advised them that I was still in queue for the payment and the three (3) officers just waited for us (3 officers, 2 of which seemed to be like trainees or something).

They went through all the files and just gathered the pages that they needed- took 2 P60s, certificate of employment, Birth Certificates, marriage licence, 3 months payslip, 3 months banks statement, 1 letter from the Home office and read and re-read our cover letter. By 9:45 we were told to come back after 2 hours- but before I left I made sure that they know that we are expecting 4 letters pertaining to the backdating of the ILR and they took note of it.

At 11:45, we were just told that everything is ok if we could come back after 1 hour and a half so that we could claim our passports. By 2pm we have the passports with stamp and the 4 letters confirming the grant of ILR with backdating.

Observation: It seems that we (1 main applicant + 3 dependants) were the only ones seen by these three officers in the morning despite the fact that we finished early, but in the afternoon we saw that they handled 3 other applicants who were on their own (holding 1 passport at a time- presumably no dependants).

It does take time for them to handle applicants with dependants and as we were watching them, it doesn't matter how many times they check on the papers, they would all go through them. I don't know if it was just luck that we had the three scrutinising all our papers thiw way or if this is an SOP- if it is SOP, then no wonder they are having a hard time booking appointments for applicants with dependants.

Thanks again to the forum members. Your postings helped a lot.

Filipinas
Last edited by Filipinas on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ob40

Re: ILR - PEO Croydon

Post by ob40 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Filipinas,

Thank you for your post. I have a question about backdating the ILR, is it the exact date when you would have become eligible for ILR had the rules not changed or different from that.

Thank you

ob40

Filipinas

OB40

Post by Filipinas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi, Ob40, the backdated ILR specified the date which marks the 4th year from the time we entered UK.

Best regards,
Filipinas

centennial

got ILR at croyden yesterday

Post by centennial » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 am

Hello All,

Courtesy to our forum's battle, I have managed to get my ILR at Croydon yesterday. Had appointment at 10:00 am and was there before 35 mins. However many members explained the PEO process and floor layouts , I want to share 2 things / recommendation.

1. During initial screening of my documents, had little argument with case worker who was reluctant to accept my application because I was applying 10 days before completing 4 years, he was talking about some deemed time period. anyways on my request to speak with manager, he accepted that I can apply before 28 days.

2. During actual meeting with case worker, she asked for P60s for last 4 years which I gave to her then she asked if I have worked for more then 1 employers, on my yes she asked for appointment from my previous employer which I didn’t have and thought its applicable for work permit holders so another argument for few minutes but luckily I have P45 which was showing my leaving date and my new company's appointment letter so she matched the date and finally little smile came on that devil's face . she said she is happy with my documents and asked me to come back in 1 hours to collect the passport from first floor. so all done in around 3 hours.

best luck to those who are applying in PEOS, please take all the documents which might not be needed as you never know what they might ask and dont afraid for argument if you are right on something.

List of document i carried,
Last 12 months pay slip
4 years p60s (actually 3 payslips and 1 income statement from HMRC)
Employment reference letter
12 months bank statement

(she asked for above only) however I have also taken some utility bills, house rental agreement letter and driving license .

regards,
sandeep

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am

Congratulations. Do we really need to provide last 4 years P60s? I got only one P60 for 2008/2009. I have lost the older ones but do have payslips to show my economic activity for missing P60s time period. Do you guys think I will be fine with my ILR application with only 1 latest P60?

centennial

Post by centennial » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 am

Mate I would strongly suggest you to get income statement from HMRC incase you have only one P60.
web2005 wrote:Congratulations. Do we really need to provide last 4 years P60s? I got only one P60 for 2008/2009. I have lost the older ones but do have payslips to show my economic activity for missing P60s time period. Do you guys think I will be fine with my ILR application with only 1 latest P60?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 am

web2005 wrote:Congratulations. Do we really need to provide last 4 years P60s? I got only one P60 for 2008/2009. I have lost the older ones but do have payslips to show my economic activity for missing P60s time period. Do you guys think I will be fine with my ILR application with only 1 latest P60?
I think if you have payslips + bank statement, that is fine to prove economic activity as well.

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 pm

centennial wrote:Mate I would strongly suggest you to get income statement from HMRC incase you have only one P60.
Can you please tell how do we get income statement from HMRC.
I have not recieved P60 in last two years because of changing job
Many thanks