ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension 6 months before expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Visa Extension 6 months before expiry

Post by amitagar989 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Dear All,

I am currently on HSMP Visa getting expired on 2nd Jan 2010. I recently got a baby girl born here in UK and now I need to file Visa for her...As Filing a individual sponsorship visa is quite costly, I intend to file a renewal visa for myself...I know I still have almost 6 more months to go before expiry but I think filing a renewal visa for myself, I would be able to save substantial amount of money...With regards to this, I have few queries as following:

1.) Based on what I said above, can I file a renewal visa now 6 months before my current visa expires?
2.) What is the fees I have to pay? Is it £820 or £400.
3.) As my child is born here in UK, she does not have any existing visa. Is there anything special I need to take care of...

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Amit

ChetanOjha

Re: Visa Extension 6 months before expiry

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 pm

amitagar989 wrote: 1.) Based on what I said above, can I file a renewal visa now 6 months before my current visa expires?
Yes you can file for early extension. Check this thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Fee will depend on what you are applying for i.e. visa for kid or renewal/extension.
3.) As my child is born here in UK, she does not have any existing visa. Is there anything special I need to take care of...
You need to get her a passport from Indian High Commission and then only you can get visa stamp for her.

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Extension 6 months before expiry

Post by amitagar989 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 pm

chetanojha wrote:
amitagar989 wrote: 1.) Based on what I said above, can I file a renewal visa now 6 months before my current visa expires?
Yes you can file for early extension. Check this thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Fee will depend on what you are applying for i.e. visa for kid or renewal/extension.
You need to get her a passport from Indian High Commission and then only you can get visa stamp for her.

Thanks a lot Chetanojha...Highly appreciate it...Could you please tell me how much will be the fees if I am applying Visa for all 3 that is myself and my 2 dependants...

Moreover, could you please assist me with my other queries as well on my other posts...I have just not been able to get a response for that...I understand that there are too many of them but any assistance would be highly appreciated...

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks a lot Chetanojha...Highly appreciate it...Could you please tell me how much will be the fees if I am applying Visa for all 3 that is myself and my 2 dependants...

Moreover, could you please assist me with my other queries as well on my other posts...I have just not been able to get a response for that...I understand that there are too many of them but any assistance would be highly appreciated...
Hi Amit,
If you apply for your dependent along with main applicant, the fee should be only £50 per dependent (in addition to main applicant). This needs to be checked as I have not checked the guidance notes for this.

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Post by amitagar989 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:50 am

chetanojha wrote:

Hi Amit,
If you apply for your dependent along with main applicant, the fee should be only £50 per dependent (in addition to main applicant). This needs to be checked as I have not checked the guidance notes for this.
Thanks again...What about the fees for myself?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 am

amitagar989 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Hi Amit,
Hope this would be helpful. It is advisable to read the Policy Guidance notes, just in case.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... sidetheuk/

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Post by amitagar989 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:06 am

chetanojha wrote:
amitagar989 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Hi Amit,
Hope this would be helpful. It is advisable to read the Policy Guidance notes, just in case.

Hello Chetanojha, U have been incredibly polite though I can understand your frustration that I am asking all this without reading the guidance notes...But trust me some things in the guidance notes are not very clear and hence I asked these questions...For example...Lets say fees...The form says "Tier 1 Migrant there is a fee of £820"...Ok I understand that but then it again says "Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £400"...Now I have the HSMP approval letter and it triggered a slight doubt in my mind whether I need to pay £820 or £400...Though in all probability I do understand that it will be £820, i thought I should double check and then what place better than immigration boards...

Just did not want you to feel that I am stupid or something.:-) But I have to say you have been incredibly patient, polite and helpful...Highly commendable...Thanks again.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 am

amitagar989 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
amitagar989 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
Hi Amit,

Hello Chetanojha, U have been incredibly polite though I can understand your frustration that I am asking all this without reading the guidance notes...But trust me some things in the guidance notes are not very clear and hence I asked these questions...For example...Lets say fees...The form says "Tier 1 Migrant there is a fee of £820"...Ok I understand that but then it again says "Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £400"...Now I have the HSMP approval letter and it triggered a slight doubt in my mind whether I need to pay £820 or £400...Though in all probability I do understand that it will be £820, i thought I should double check and then what place better than immigration boards...

Just did not want you to feel that I am stupid or something.:-) But I have to say you have been incredibly patient, polite and helpful...Highly commendable...Thanks again.
It will be £820+dependent's(£50 each).

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am

Hi,
If everyone jumps the queue and starts applying many months in advance, esp in the current times - my feeling is that we will only end up in chaos.

I don't have a problem HO processing applications earlier but i don't want them to hold off geniune cases who have sent their files at the time prescribed by HO (5 to 6 weeks).

You can already see that the slots for Croydon PEO aren't available for months. Of those who have booked now at PEO, how many visas expire in 1 or even by 2 months is anybody's guess.

There might be a geniune reason in your case or in others', if you look on a case-by-case basis. But in general, viewers see them and start applying many months in advance.