ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk tourist visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anothernews
Newly Registered

uk tourist visa

Post by anothernews » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 am

Hi

I am Irish national and I would be applying for uk visit visa for my wife ( NON EU ) and I am interested to know anybody in similar situation who recently applied.

DO UK embassy asks for fees ? ( I am just asking as we had to pay fess recently when we were not travelling together)

Thanks a million

John

Post by John » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Just apply for a visitor visa at the British Embassy in Dublin, and also provide proof of the marriage to yourself, and your nationality. That will, under EU regulations, make the visa free-of-charge.
John

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: uk tourist visa

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:16 pm

anothernews wrote:Hi

I am Irish national and I would be applying for uk visit visa for my wife ( NON EU ) and I am interested to know anybody in similar situation who recently applied.

DO UK embassy asks for fees ? ( I am just asking as we had to pay fess recently when we were not travelling together)

Thanks a million
A piece of advice from personal experience, just avoid the UK ;)

If you have/want to go there, and you want a visa, you have to apply for an EEA-family-permit as otherwise they will charge you fees.

I applied for a visit-visa through their online-appointment tool and was then asked to pay a fee. Obviously I wanted to changed for the free EEA-permit, so I was told I should re-apply and come back (after 2 weeks, of course ;) ) ...

...end-of-story: Never went, no longer interested. Make sure you apply for EEA-family permit :!:

Apart from my polemic crap, read >>here<< and >>here<<... You are entitled to go without visa altogether, except the UK does not know and/or acknowledge their obligations.

Regards from Switzerland :)

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:57 am

Hi ca.funke,
You saved me a big hastle. I saw your post last night and immidiatly filled EEA family form. Previously I filled visitor visa form and got appointment time for this morning. On gate I showed both the forms(Visitirs & EEA family) and they accepted EEA one because I refused to pay fee.

Thanks again for your post and for every EEA national fill EEA-family-permit for your non-eu spouse if you want to excersie your EEA national rights.

Cheers
Pahadia

anothernews
Newly Registered

point me to correct form

Post by anothernews » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi there

I am wondering if you can point me to the correct form in visa4uk web site.

current location: Ireland
country of nationality: <my wife non eu country>
purpose of application: what should I be selecting there ( visit or eea/swiss family member)

type of application: <depending on what is selected from above there are many options>

anothernews
Newly Registered

Post by anothernews » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:12 pm

one of questions. I would be highly obliged If you can answer it today as I have appointment tomorrow.

For how long this EEA family permit is issued ? I mean to say for how many years. As if it is only for 1 year it is very much hassle for me to go every year.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi anothernews,
You have to select eea/swiss family member option. I don't know how long they issue this visa and our application is being processed.

Cheers
Pahadia

John

Post by John » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 pm

EEA Family Permits are only ever issued for 6 months.
John

anothernews
Newly Registered

only 6 months

Post by anothernews » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 pm

It is very sad it the visa is only issued for 6 months as it is possible to get 10 year multiple entry visa .

Is there a way to get visa for more then 6 months ? Is visit visa is only option ?

John

Post by John » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 pm

If you want more than 6 months you will need to apply for a visitor visa, using the UK immigration route, but of course all such visas are chargeable.
John

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:15 pm

John wrote:EEA Family Permits are only ever issued for 6 months.
Thats correct !!! we got our EEA Family Permit today which is valid only for 6 months.

MAKUSA
BANNED

hi

Post by MAKUSA » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:23 pm

pahadia wrote:
John wrote:EEA Family Permits are only ever issued for 6 months.
Thats correct !!! we got our EEA Family Permit today which is valid only for 6 months.
How long did you have to wait?

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

I applied on 1st July and Visa was approved on 3rd July.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 pm

I am curious if the embassy asked you to submit payslips,flight and hotel stay details for yourself and your spouse as mentioned on the EEA application form? I know the application form is atleast 200 questions long! They are only supposed to ask for a marriage certificate and passport details of your E.U spouse.
Last edited by archigabe on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Pahadia,

I would also love to know what question and documentation you supplied them?

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I am affriad I won't be much help here...Actually initially I filled Visitor Visa application form and prepared all usual documents Employer letter/payslips/bank statement etc. But at later stage at the advice of ca.funke I refilled EEA family member form and submitted it long with already prepared documents. Embassy people kept all of them and returned it with Visa stamp.

I havn't submitted flight tickets and I don't think that is a requirement for Visitor Visa with Uk embassy.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 am

GridIron opened another thread with the link from UK Visa office web site, see below:

According to the UK Border Agency, EEA nationals and family are exempt from control under immigration rules.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunati ... anationals

EUN1.9 Are EEA nationals exempt from immigration control?

EEA nationals and their family members are exempt from control under the Immigration Rules. Diplomats and officials of EEA countries are exempt from immigration control. Their travel documents are not endorsed.

Any comments?