ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Tier 1 from Bangalore on 07-July-09

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Applied for Tier 1 from Bangalore on 07-July-09

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi All,

Finally I applied for Tier 1 (General) Visa through VFS Bangalore. Everything went well. However, I forgot to attach VAF9 Appendix so I need to go out, take print out of the form, fill it and then submit it.

I submitted below mentioned documents:

VAF 9 Form and Appendix

Cover Letters for General Application, Salary and Maintenance Funds

Copy of my Resume

GBP - INR exchange rate from www.oanda.com

Marriage Certificate (wife is not joining me as of now)

Attributes:
Age - Claimed 5 Points
Document: Original Passport

Qualification - Claimed 35 Points
Docs: Original Degree and Transcript from UK University

Earnings - Claimed 45 Points
Docs: 12 Months Salary Slips, 12 Months Bank Statement, HR Letter for my Annual Gross Salary (not for I am claiming points), Offer letter from my present company

English Language - Points Claimed 10
Original Degree and Transcript from UK University

Maintenance Fund - Points Claimed 10
3 Months Bank Statement from 3 banks including one 12 Months bank statement which I provided for Earning proof also.
Print out of a table of Combined Sum from those 3 banks

I believe process went well and I have submitted all required documents and I hope for the best.

Biometric Scan took quite a long otherwise the entire process was quite fast.

I also advise people to take an appointment before going to VFS. It will save your time for at least 1 hour or may be more. Taking DD on the name of "British Deputy High Commission" Payable in Chennai, will be a good idea too rather than paying by cash. However, there was no rush on cash counter but DD is better option I think.

As per VFS guy, it will normally take 12 working days so let's hope for the best. I thank all in the forum, who helped me and provided their valuable comments on my queries. Thanks.

Regards,
Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 am

Hi All,

As I applied yesterday with all above mentioned documents, the only mistake I can remember is that I forgot to highlight the Salary Credit in my HDFC Bank Account. I hope this should not be any issue. Everything is mentioned there but I simply forgot to highlight it.

I know this will make caseworker job little irritating but I cannot do anything now.

Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm

It isn't a mandatory requirement that you need to highlight for approval. In either way, the CW will go through all the pages.

Don't lose your mind over this. Just chill yaar.

By the way, haven't you been around here for few yrs now? why applying after a long time...

AkashS wrote:Hi All,

As I applied yesterday with all above mentioned documents, the only mistake I can remember is that I forgot to highlight the Salary Credit in my HDFC Bank Account. I hope this should not be any issue. Everything is mentioned there but I simply forgot to highlight it.

I know this will make caseworker job little irritating but I cannot do anything now.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 pm

rsathish wrote:It isn't a mandatory requirement that you need to highlight for approval. In either way, the CW will go through all the pages.

Don't lose your mind over this. Just chill yaar.

By the way, haven't you been around here for few yrs now? why applying after a long time...

AkashS wrote:Hi All,

Hi. I know that is not mandatory requirement and it just make CW job little easy. So I am not worried about it very much.

I got HSMP in march 2007 but could not use the Visa for some personal reasons. Now I applied again. This time I am committed to go there and will never come back to India :-)

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Reference Number under 6.4 in PBS-VAF9

Post by c_pgarik » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:37 am

Hi All,

I had got rejected for a UK student Visa in August 2003.

Now i m planning to apply for tier-1 and i dont have the reference number of the student visa rejection,but i have a invoice from VFS,Hyderabad, which i have got when i have applied for a student visa in 2003.

As i got rejected once in 2003, while filling up the PBS-VAF9 form under
6.4 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Date Country Reason Reference number

Could you please let me know what to do further as i don,t have the reference number of the student visa rejection.

Please guide me on this..

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,
Pav.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Reference Number under 6.4 in PBS-VAF9

Post by AkashS » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:48 am

c_pgarik wrote:Hi All,

I had got rejected for a UK student Visa in August 2003.

Now i m planning to apply for tier-1 and i dont have the reference number of the student visa rejection,but i have a invoice from VFS,Hyderabad, which i have got when i have applied for a student visa in 2003.

As i got rejected once in 2003, while filling up the PBS-VAF9 form under
6.4 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Date Country Reason Reference number

Could you please let me know what to do further as i don,t have the reference number of the student visa rejection.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,
Pav.
Invoice will tell you only that you applied for the Visa. As per my understanding, you should mention why you were rejected Study Visa. You can do one thing, email British High Commission with your invoice number and request them to provide a copy of that communication. They should be able to help you in this.
Last edited by AkashS on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Thanks Akash

Post by c_pgarik » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Akash,

Thanks for the Reply... I spoke to British Deputy High commission visa office.. and they asked me to send an email with my passport number and year of rejection....

i have sent an email and waiting for their reply..

Thanks alot Akash...

BR,
Pavan

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks Akash

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 am

c_pgarik wrote:Akash,

Thanks for the Reply... I spoke to British Deputy High commission visa office.. and they asked me to send an email with my passport number and year of rejection....

i have sent an email and waiting for their reply..

Thanks alot Akash...

BR,
Pavan
Welcome :-)

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Refusal letter

Post by c_pgarik » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi All,

I was rejected by UK for a student visa in 2003. Now i plan to apply for tier-1 this month.

In the application form VAF9, under part 6.3, i need to provide the details of the visa refusal such as date,country,Reason and Reference number, but i lost the refusal letter sent by British Deputy high commission.

I have sent an email to "Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk" requesting the information such as Reason,reference number of my visa refusal. They have replied as"I am writing to inform that our office does not issue duplicate refusal letters.". I have already raised a complaint in Police station and i got the acknowledgment of the complaint that i have placed with the Police and even have an affidavit that is notarized.

I have an Invoice of VFS,Hyderabad dated August 8th 2003 , where i have applied for a student visa. This invoice has one a number such as" HYDR/080803/XXXX". Will this number is sufficient to provide in the VAF9 application?

Could you please guide me how to go further on this and apply for tier-1.

I have an offer of employemnt from one of the company in Uk with the Joining date as August 3rd 2009.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Pavan