ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest Time for HSMP Extention Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kna872

Earliest Time for HSMP Extention Application

Post by kna872 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:45 am

Hello All,

I have been trying to find out the information pertaining to the earliest that I could apply for the extension of my HSMP. My MBA Provision HSMP is expiring in January 2010 and I have travel plans in December. I was wondering if anybody could help me with what would be the earliest that I could apply for extension of my current HSMP? Is it 90 days before the expiry of the current one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ali

khubs

Re: Earliest Time for HSMP Extention Application

Post by khubs » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:14 pm

kna872 wrote:Hello All,

I have been trying to find out the information pertaining to the earliest that I could apply for the extension of my HSMP. My MBA Provision HSMP is expiring in January 2010 and I have travel plans in December. I was wondering if anybody could help me with what would be the earliest that I could apply for extension of my current HSMP? Is it 90 days before the expiry of the current one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ali
HI,

YOU CAN APPLY ASAP HOWEVER, IT IS CRUCIAL THAT U MEET ALL THE RELEVANT POINTS NEEDED FOR THE EXTENSION. ONCE, U HAVE MET THE POINTS BASED CRITERIA , GO AHEAD AND APPLY ASAP...
I APPLIED 8 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND GOT THE EXTENSION:)

GOOD LUCK!

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Kind Regards,
Ali
People have applied 5 months before and received approval. You can apply before your current leave to remain expires.

dev

Post by dev » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:09 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
People have applied 5 months before and received approval. You can apply before your current leave to remain expires.
Hi chetanojha,

In such early renewals, would the Tier 1 visa stamped from last date of HSMP ?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 pm

dev wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
Hi chetanojha,

Yes, thats what the experience of forum members. But there is not gaurantee of the same too.

dev

Post by dev » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:03 pm

khubs wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
HI,

YOU CAN APPLY ASAP HOWEVER, IT IS CRUCIAL THAT U MEET ALL THE RELEVANT POINTS NEEDED FOR THE EXTENSION. ONCE, U HAVE MET THE POINTS BASED CRITERIA , GO AHEAD AND APPLY ASAP...
I APPLIED 8 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND GOT THE EXTENSION:)

GOOD LUCK!

Hi khubs,

As per chetanojha, you must have got Tier 1 stamped after last date of HSMP ?

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 am

Very good, let's encourage queue jumping & many will follow.

Now-a-days, getting a Crodon PEO appointment has become much tougher than getting a H1B visa or a multi-millin lotto rollover.

If by chance anyone is interested, it is 1 month before your leave expires.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

Huh!

ughosal
Newly Registered

Post by ughosal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:26 pm

dev wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
Hi chetanojha,

I called Croydon PEO this week to find out about extending my HSMP which expires in Feb 2010, now. I am advised that the new visa will take effect immediately and not from Feb 2010.

push

Post by push » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 pm

ughosal wrote:
dev wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
Hi chetanojha,

I called Croydon PEO this week to find out about extending my HSMP which expires in Feb 2010, now. I am advised that the new visa will take effect immediately and not from Feb 2010.
have answered your query on another thread
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 pm

rsathish wrote:Very good, let's encourage queue jumping & many will follow.

Now-a-days, getting a Crodon PEO appointment has become much tougher than getting a H1B visa or a multi-millin lotto rollover.

Huh!
I guess this is prompted by (1) genuine urgency in individual cases, (2) by current economic crisis - reservation of employers against those with short leave to remain & more importantly by (3) everchanging UK VISA rules and ensuing uncertainty.

It seems unreasonable to blame applicants therefore.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 am

Even when the titanic sank they let the women and children first.
But, even now nobody let's even an ambulance passby in India.

If you analyse, maybe urgent cases are posted here but there are 1000s who watch the posts and start firing applications.

No employer will or can quote near visa expiry date and differentiate you based on that. Has anyone given that in writing?

I'm going to write to HO and ask them why they are considering applications when they expire 7 months in future - while they have much more closer visas to process. Why is that they say in UKBA extensions to be posted just one month before expiry?

There is no point cribbing here and asking people to come in queue. Sometimes these kinds of silly actions needs to be taken too.

push_hsmp wrote:
rsathish wrote:Very good, let's encourage queue jumping & many will follow.

Huh!
I guess this is prompted by (1) genuine urgency in individual cases, (2) by current economic crisis - reservation of employers against those with short leave to remain & more importantly by (3) everchanging UK VISA rules and ensuing uncertainty.

It seems unreasonable to blame applicants therefore.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 am

ughosal wrote:
dev wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Kind Regards,
Ali
Hi chetanojha,

there is a search button somewhere on this forum, and this question has been asked several times over.

NB- This kind of question is driving me insane everyday.

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

rsathish wrote:Even when the titanic sank they let the women and children first.

If you analyse, maybe urgent cases are posted here but there are 1000s who watch the posts and start firing applications.

No employer will or can quote near visa expiry date and differentiate you based on that. Has anyone given that in writing?

I'm going to write to HO and ask them why they are considering applications when they expire 7 months in future - while they have much more closer visas to process. Why is that they say in UKBA extensions to be posted just one month before expiry?

There is no point cribbing here and asking people to come in queue. Sometimes these kinds of silly actions needs to be taken too.
The current economic climate has made almost everyone to feel that he needs to be in the Ambulance. Don’t put the blame squarely on Indians for everything - two of my colleagues (1 American and the other an Australian) have done similar thing.

No one will give you in writing that they are rejecting you because you have a short leave to remain but this is a general perception supported by some examples. They are not required to!!

At the same time if the fear of redundancy in next few months looms large, nobody would want to be in a situation when they don’t have any points to claim on earnings and thus miss out on extension - ppl are simply insuring against the uncertainty re future extensions by applying early - can they be blamed for being overly cautious? I know it puts strain on the system but UKBA does not seem to have any problem with that. Please feel free to write the letter to HO if you think you are being adversely affected by the current practice.

Re India- more than the people who do not give way to ambulances (I am not defending their action), I am appalled by those who desert the country and then start pointing fingers on others without contributing anything themselves.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 pm

No body is willing to give it in writing because it is not legally correct & instead of challenging those decisions, it is kind of cowardly to accept things as they are & keep blaming the economy.

I dont want to discuss this further.
push_hsmp wrote:
rsathish wrote:Even when the titanic sank they let the women and children first.

The current economic climate has made almost everyone to feel that he needs to be in the Ambulance. Don’t put the blame squarely on Indians for everything - two of my colleagues (1 American and the other an Australian) have done similar thing.

No one will give you in writing that they are rejecting you because you have a short leave to remain but this is a general perception supported by some examples. They are not required to!!

At the same time if the fear of redundancy in next few months looms large, nobody would want to be in a situation when they don’t have any points to claim on earnings and thus miss out on extension - ppl are simply insuring against the uncertainty re future extensions by applying early - can they be blamed for being overly cautious? I know it puts strain on the system but UKBA does not seem to have any problem with that. Please feel free to write the letter to HO if you think you are being adversely affected by the current practice.

Re India- more than the people who do not give way to ambulances (I am not defending their action), I am appalled by those who desert the country and then start pointing fingers on others without contributing anything themselves.

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:10 pm

rsathish wrote:No body is willing to give it in writing because it is not legally correct & instead of challenging those decisions, it is kind of cowardly to accept things as they are & keep blaming the economy.

Nobody gives in writing that a particular person is not being considered because of say facial reasons - does that mean facial discrimination does not exist in world??

If you do not have sound argument to make and then say you do not want to discuss it any further, it would be graceful if you retracted what you said in the first place.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:53 pm

And now we go in to beloved. well done. This is why I didn't want to dwell further - coz we are going no-where.

And, I dont want to retract my point. I still stand by that.

If you don't want to stand up & defend your case against recruiters, that's fine. It's your career.
But, jumping the queue is not correct. And, don't justify with economy and all that.

Consider this case, where one of my friend who is still waiting for HO to revert on his application but the visa had expired in the meantime. (even though applying well in advance). His job is now taken away.

Now, who is in a critical condition, the guy with a visa expiring in Feb 2010? or one the above.

i dont want to blame anyone in particular - all i'm asking the ppl reading the forum is, consider those who have come before you.

or, If you want this to be survival of the fittest, i'm all game too.
push_hsmp wrote:
rsathish wrote:No body is willing to give it in writing because it is not legally correct & instead of challenging those decisions, it is kind of cowardly to accept things as they are & keep blaming the economy.

Nobody gives in writing that a particular person is not being considered because of say facial reasons - does that mean facial discrimination does not exist in world??

If you do not have sound argument to make and then say you do not want to discuss it any further, it would be graceful if you retracted what you said in the first place.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:40 pm

rsathish,

Why are you so worked up about people applying for early extension? Have you been personally affected?
Consider this case, where one of my friend who is still waiting for HO to revert on his application but the visa had expired in the meantime. (even though applying well in advance). His job is now taken away.
While I empathise with your friend's situation, how are early extensions to blame for this? In fact people are applying early to avoid getting into these sorts of problems.

Since the rules were tightened for tier 1 and other tiers as well, the number of applications must have surely dropped. Mind you case workers don't deal with only tier 1 applications. So the number of applications caseworkers have to deal with has caused the delay in processing will not hold water. Imaging the number of applications they would have to deal with if rules weren't tightened.

You are advising others to confront their employers if they ask candidates for a longer visa validity. Has your friend told the employer that he is allowed to work when the application is still under consideration. Have you advised him regarding this?

The beloved example from Push was just an analogy. How are you so sure that people applying early extensions are all from India?

You don't know the anxiety and apprehension that people went through when rules change were announced in Feb-March period this year without making it clear that it won't apply to extension applications.
This has probably led to a surge in early extensions now and understandably.

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 pm

rsathish wrote:If you don't want to stand up & defend your case against recruiters, that's fine. It's your career.
But, jumping the queue is not correct. And, don't justify with economy and all that.

You are asking others to stand up against the recruiters why cant you advise your friend to do the same? As long as the application for extension is pending with HO his existing leave remains valid- he has stronger point to argue and sue his employers if his job has been taken away.

Those in between jobs or those made redundant are not in such strong position to argue with recruiters as they dont get a written proof from the recruiters that the reason for rejection is short leave to remain.

People will resort to what they perceive is best for them and more so if UKBA obliges. I have sympathy for your friend but those applying for early extension are not to be blamed for this. Its the overall immigration framework and continued influx in it which has resulted in a sudden spurt in early extension requests. The condition is not helped by the current state of economy - you can not turn away your face from reallity- if someone feels that he might be made redundant in few months and might not have enough points from earnings when it comes to making the extension application, he is well within his rights to take pre-emptive and pro-active action as long as it is permitted by UKBA.

beloved was just an example. On the same logic will you start blaming people making advance booking on airlines (to save money or if they fear that the seats would not be available on the date) for someone else sufferinng because he could not get onto the flight despite having an emergency travel requirement. Simplistic analogy but it sort of holds. Doesn't it?

Lastly- no one is jumping a queue here - everyone is applying as accepted by UKBA - no unruly behaviour by anyone- just advance planning/panic/fear etc.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:15 pm

Do you think I haven't told him yet? He just let the employer know his visa had expired and they terminated the Contract (he didn't provide more info on application status). Trying to sort this out - It shouldn't be a problem now.

Do you think ALL those who have filed for an early extention are in a position where their job might be made redundant? No, it is just panic and frantic reaction after seeing those who have filed an early extension here. "Oh god, if he has done it we must do it sooner too" - why do u encourage this to happen? They even ask the cover letter so they can use the same in theirs!

If there is one-month lead system advised by HO - why change it to a first come first served basis without any reason?

If one's assured that he/she will get a plane ticket when applying 1 month in advance, noone wouldn't worry. Not everyone's job is being made redundant.
If one is not sure whether they will get, it results in frantic ticket purchase.

& thanks to this forum we are spreading this "exact" fear.