ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uckocak

Re: Tier 1 extension approval

Post by uckocak » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:46 pm

flytouknida wrote:
uckocak wrote:Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 11-06-09
Documents received: 12-06-09
Fee Deducted: 15-06-09
Visa stamped: 24-06-09
Documents received: 26-06-09

Total 15 Days.

Thanks everyone.

Hi uckocak,
Congrats for getting approval and stamping.
Can you let us share what documents you provided? Did you provide any letter from your company?

Thanks in advance
Nida
Cong
Hi Nida, below is the list of documents I sent. Yes I provided a letter from company. Hope this helps.

· 2 passport size photos

· Passport – Evidence for Section R

· Birth Certificate with translation – Section R extra evidence

· Police registration certificate – Required for Turkish citizens

· NARIC certificate – Extra evidence for Section S (Original academic certificate was provided in previous HSMP application)

· Company Payslips – Evidence for Section T, U

· Bank statements (debit account) - Evidence for Section T, U

· Company letter – Evidence for Section T, U

· P60 certificate – Evidence for Section T, U

· Section V - English language requirement was previously satisfied.

· Bank Statements (Savings account) – Evidence for Section W

Good luck, Utkan

dpnagarajan
Newly Registered

Re: Got HSMP -> Tier1 Extension

Post by dpnagarajan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I enquired the Home office, about this. 'She' said couple of months early is alright but more than 3 to 4 months early is not advisable.

She further said, if it is an urgent one and have reasons(like job offers etc), we can write it in the cover letter, BUT it is entirely upto the CASE WORKER :(.

I'm going to submit my documnts by end of next week.

Will update you all soon.

cheers
ukdreamer wrote:Real example of my extension application is infront of you, i have applied 8 months in advance and got approval!!! what gurantee you need to apply!!?

Good luck

dpnagarajan wrote:
ukdreamer wrote:Hi Guys, My current Visa expiry date is Jan 2010 and my new Visa stamped till Jan 2013. I have applied 7 months earlier. My application is straight forward so i sent only 12 months payslip and 12 month Bank statement, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my kids. and fees £820+50+50+50.

Time line
Sent application on 2nd June
Money deducted on 3rd June
Letter Received on 4th June
Visa Stamped on 16th June
Document recevied on 18th June

they process in flat 12 days!!

Good luck to all :)
Hi
I have my extension in mid October 2009. I'm also planning to apply for early extension. The guidance note says that they encourage the applicants to apply one month in advance.

If I apply in mid July'09, it will b 3 months in advance.

Is there any case of rejection for early application? Can any of the board members clarify this?

Thanks
Nags

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 am

Guys, Can everyone follow a queue here??

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

How about guys like me who have 1 month for their visa expiry. Shouldn't we get our applications processed first?

Don't give me jobs, credit crunch, permanent offers etc etc - everyone is going through the same...

dpnagarajan wrote:I enquired the Home office, about this. 'She' said couple of months early is alright but more than 3 to 4 months early is not advisable.

She further said, if it is an urgent one and have reasons(like job offers etc), we can write it in the cover letter, BUT it is entirely upto the CASE WORKER :(.

I'm going to submit my documnts by end of next week.

Will update you all soon.

cheers
ukdreamer wrote:Real example of my extension application is infront of you, i have applied 8 months in advance and got approval!!! what gurantee you need to apply!!?

Good luck

dpnagarajan wrote:
ukdreamer wrote:Hi Guys, My current Visa expiry date is Jan 2010 and my new Visa stamped till Jan 2013. I have applied 7 months earlier. My application is straight forward so i sent only 12 months payslip and 12 month Bank statement, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my kids. and fees £820+50+50+50.

Time line
Sent application on 2nd June
Money deducted on 3rd June
Letter Received on 4th June
Visa Stamped on 16th June
Document recevied on 18th June

they process in flat 12 days!!

Good luck to all :)
Hi
I have my extension in mid October 2009. I'm also planning to apply for early extension. The guidance note says that they encourage the applicants to apply one month in advance.

If I apply in mid July'09, it will b 3 months in advance.

Is there any case of rejection for early application? Can any of the board members clarify this?

Thanks
Nags

baldude

Post by baldude » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:42 pm

[quote="rsathish"]Guys, Can everyone follow a queue here??

How about guys like me who have 1 month for their visa expiry. Shouldn't we get our applications processed first?

Don't give me jobs, credit crunch, permanent offers etc etc - everyone is going through the same...

[/quote]

Why are you so concerned about their visa? Please be gentle with those who extend early. Please be concerned only about your visa. if you did not make an application early its your fault. End of the day whoever have applied, first come first serve basis so you should not be getting any priority over those who have more days to go than you.
Also those applying early are 'Taking a chance' to extend their visa early coz its entirely upto the case worker to decide whether or not to extend the visa early and there are many out 'to be lucky' to get their visa extended.

end of the day home office is happy for them to grant leave. what is your problem? cheer up mate.

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm

uckocak wrote:
flytouknida wrote:

Total 15 Days.

Thanks everyone.

Hi uckocak,
Can you let us share what documents you provided? Did you provide any letter from your company?

Thanks in advance
Nida
Cong
Hi Nida, below is the list of documents I sent. Yes I provided a letter from company. Hope this helps.

· 2 passport size photos

· NARIC certificate – Extra evidence for Section S (Original academic certificate was provided in previous HSMP application)

Good luck, Utkan
Thanks for your quick reply. I have one more quick question - My P60 does not cover complete year. Is it require to include?. I am planning to cliam points from Aug-2008 to July 2009. Shall I need to include?

Thanks
Nida

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:31 pm

flytouknida wrote:
uckocak wrote:
flytouknida wrote:

Total 15 Days.

Thanks everyone.

Hi uckocak,

Thanks in advance
Nida
Cong

· 2 passport size photos

Good luck, Utkan
Thanks for your quick reply. I have one more quick question - My P60 does not cover complete year. Is it require to include?. I am planning to cliam points from Aug-2008 to July 2009. Shall I need to include?

Thanks
Nida
P60 is not a must if you are already sending employee letter, bank statements and payslips. however, if you still want to send it, dont worry that it doesn't cover complete year. make sure you explain it on cover letter or employee letter. more evidence is the merrier.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm following only the rules posted in HO website. So, is going by guidelines wrong? Did I delay my application?

From what you are saying, it implies that - even though we donot follow rules, our application should be processed first. So, Mind your own business.

This is like a Gunda talking.

There is no point talking here. I'm writing to the HO and ask them to look in to this.
baldude wrote:
rsathish wrote:Guys, Can everyone follow a queue here??

Why are you so concerned about their visa? Please be gentle with those who extend early. Please be concerned only about your visa. if you did not make an application early its your fault. End of the day whoever have applied, first come first serve basis so you should not be getting any priority over those who have more days to go than you.
Also those applying early are 'Taking a chance' to extend their visa early coz its entirely upto the case worker to decide whether or not to extend the visa early and there are many out 'to be lucky' to get their visa extended.

end of the day home office is happy for them to grant leave. what is your problem? cheer up mate.

baldude

Post by baldude » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:40 pm

[quote="rsathish"]I'm following only the rules posted in HO website. So, is going by guidelines wrong? Did I delay my application?

From what you are saying, it implies that - even though we donot follow rules, our application should be processed first. So, Mind your own business.

[quote="baldude"][quote="rsathish"]Guys, Can everyone follow a queue here??

[/quote]

Why are you so concerned about their visa? Please be gentle with those who extend early. Please be concerned only about your visa. if you did not make an application early its your fault. [b]End of the day whoever have applied, first come first serve basis[/b] so you should not be getting any priority over those who have more days to go than you.

end of the day home office is happy for them to grant leave. what is your problem? cheer up mate.[/quote][/quote]

I think you have a problem with your english, otherwise how can you cannot understand my sentence? I asked HO to follow first come first serve basis and not to prioritize anyone (here you wanted to get the prioriy).

who is GUNDA talking? its clearly you. You are being bully here.

gvsmreddy
Newly Registered

Post by gvsmreddy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:00 am

rsathish wrote:I'm following only the rules posted in HO website. So, is going by guidelines wrong? Did I delay my application?

There is no point talking here. I'm writing to the HO and ask them to look in to this.
baldude wrote:
rsathish wrote:Guys, Can everyone follow a queue here??

Dear rsatish

behave yourself please do write to HO abt ur concerns

dont bully in this forum and dont make nusance

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 am

reddy,
Listen, I don't want to create a scene here (even after getting an abusive PM from baldude). This is a sticky & many follow this.

Yes, I'm going to write to HO asking why when there clear guidelines stipulated, some are given priority by as much as 8 months.

If you are so sure about what you've done is correct - Reddy, Baldude why not PM me your visa reference numbers, it will be helpful for me to quote when 'am writing the letter? what do you say? PM me.

gvsmreddy
Newly Registered

Post by gvsmreddy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

rsathish wrote:reddy,
Listen, I don't want to create a scene here (even after getting an abusive PM from baldude). This is a sticky & many follow this.

Yes, I'm going to write to HO asking why when there clear guidelines stipulated, some are given priority by as much as 8 months.

If you are so sure about what you've done is correct - Reddy, Baldude why not PM me your visa reference numbers, it will be helpful for me to quote when 'am writing the letter? what do you say? PM me.
Dont overact again dude
I am on ILR here
I donot understand why you so bother with other people appying in
advance its there personal matter and suggesting others who are in problems can apply early extension and HO doesnt have any problems in extending their VISAs why should you are having??
For your information There is time lines for extending VISA in FLR .......and yes there is a time line for ILR should not before 4 weeks before leave expires.
Its just waste of time for me to discuss this thing with you further

Dont ever dare agin to ask reference no from any body if you do again you will face some serious problems this is my suggestion

lastly Never discourage anybody

baldude

Post by baldude » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:55 pm

[quote="rsathish"]reddy,

If you are so sure about what you've done is correct - Reddy, Baldude why not PM me your visa reference numbers, it will be helpful for me to quote when 'am writing the letter? what do you say? PM me.[/quote]

Are you alright mr sathish? I did not ABUSE when i sent you a pm in the first place...i did not want to spoil this thread by dragging into unnecessary discussion and deviating the actual motivation of this thread.
secondly, did i say i already extended my visa? for your information my visa runs out in first week of september this year and i am yet to gather my docs.. now keep your concerns to yourself.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:49 pm

It's really amusing because Reddy, you neither are the benefactor nor the affected party. I wonder why none of the members who have rcvd FLR, 7 or 8 months in advance are commenting.
gvsmreddy wrote: For your information There is time lines for extending VISA in FLR .......and yes there is a time line for ILR should not before 4 weeks before leave expires.
Sorry I really can't fully grasp what you are trying to say here. If you are saying there are timelines for both? Then why apply 7 months in advance.

If you are u saying that there are no timelines for FLR but only for ILR? Then check this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/
gvsmreddy wrote: Dont ever dare agin to ask reference no from any body if you do again you will face some serious problems this is my suggestion
1) Why would I discourage anyone, 'Am not gaining anything here.
2) Serious problems? like what.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes, I'm alright baldude, if not I wouldn't be making this point. You don't really seem to appreciate the fact.

I'm trying to prevent very early applications so that ppl like you & me are given sufficient time to sort out our visa first. You still haven't sorted out your papers yet.

Imagine the case, when your visa processing is held-up because CWs are busy handling applications expiring in Mar 2010?

Now, are you to blame for following HO's guidelines & posting your application 4 to 6 weeks in advance?
Or, are you very sure CWs will clear your application well before your Sep 1st week deadline?
Have you noticed the latest latest processing times? (the ones sent in last week of June & 1st week July)

Keep in mind, there are 1000s who watch this forum and many have started applying well in advance after seeing HO granting visas 7 months in advance.

Good luck.
baldude wrote: Are you alright mr sathish? I did not ABUSE when i sent you a pm in the first place...i did not want to spoil this thread by dragging into unnecessary discussion and deviating the actual motivation of this thread.
secondly, did i say i already extended my visa? for your information my visa runs out in first week of september this year and i am yet to gather my docs.. now keep your concerns to yourself.

gvsmreddy
Newly Registered

Post by gvsmreddy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 am

rsathish wrote:It's really amusing because Reddy, you neither are the benefactor nor the affected party. I wonder why none of the members who have rcvd FLR, 7 or 8 months in advance are commenting.

Dear Satish i already told i dont want to comment on this again .eventhough i am not either i just want to suggest you to not discourage people

If you are u saying that there are no timelines for FLR but only for ILR? Then check this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

i have been reading these guidelines for 6 years
FYI as per the guidelines
For applications made inside the United Kingdom
If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out
means there is no specific time lines for extending in FLR but they encourages applying in one month advance but one can apply at any point of time
But see the guideline for ILR
Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.
This clearly says one should not apply before 28 days of their qualifying period
please read and understand the guidelines before arguing and dont give wrong suggestions and discourage people with wrong interpretation of guidelines.
i do understand your problem that early application of others might delay your application decision.but keep in mind that everybody will not apply early only some people who are in troubles will do so.so cheer up mate :D
all the best for your application :D
gvsmreddy wrote: Dont ever dare agin to ask reference no from any body if you do again you will face some serious problems this is my suggestion
1) Why would I discourage anyone, 'Am not gaining anything here.
2) Serious problems? like what.

dpnagarajan
Newly Registered

Post by dpnagarajan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Do we need to send a paid envelope, while sending our visa application?
I remember sending it during my initial application last time.

I could not see any information about this in the guidelines.

wphsmpwp123
Newly Registered

extension granted

Post by wphsmpwp123 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am

Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 26-06-09
Documents received: 27-06-09
Fee Deducted: 29-06-09
Visa stamped: 14-07-09
Documents received: 16-07-09

Total 20 Days.

Thanks everyone.especially push, ukdreamer n uckocak

[quote="allgo"]Received HSMP extension into Tier 1
Applied on - 27th May 2009
Reached HO - 28th May
Fee debited - 28th May
Received HO reference - 29th may

Visa approved - 6th June 2009
Got paperwork - 9th june 2009

So that within 13 days. I guess things are moving faster now.
Thanks to everyone in the his wonderful grp for their timely inputs. Special thanks to Push, yasa and chetan[/quote]

shinetk9
Newly Registered

test

Post by shinetk9 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

test

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 pm

It is not required but you may want to attach a spl delivery envelope and take the reference number. You can use this to track where your packet is currrently by using tracker in Post Office's website.

In one case, HO had sent it but the post was mis-placed. Luckily, throught this ref they were able to track it down.

Even, wphsmpwp123 got his visa through the return spl delivery envelope which he sent along with the appln.

I sent from London and cost me approx £13.
dpnagarajan wrote:Hi Guys,

sharathr80
Newly Registered

Post by sharathr80 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 am

rsathish wrote:It is not required but you may want to attach a spl delivery envelope and take the reference number. You can use this to track where your packet is currrently by using tracker in Post Office's website.

In one case, HO had sent it but the post was mis-placed. Luckily, throught this ref they were able to track it down.

Even, wphsmpwp123 got his visa through the return spl delivery envelope which he sent along with the appln.

I sent from London and cost me approx £13.
dpnagarajan wrote:Hi Guys,

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am Post subject: extension granted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recieved my passport with Visa stamped today!

Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 27-06-09
Documents received: 29-06-09
Visa stamped: 13-07-09

Thanks everybody on this forum

Sharath

vyliss
Newly Registered

Post by vyliss » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:25 pm

This also quite fast approval Sharath. Similar like wphsmpwp approval. All within 3 weeks.

May I know how many points you get for this? I heard someone said 75 points took a bit longer than someone that have more points. Don't know if its right or not..
I recieved my passport with Visa stamped today!

Tier-1 Extension:

Documents sent: 27-06-09
Documents received: 29-06-09
Visa stamped: 13-07-09

Thanks everybody on this forum

Sharath

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Not 100% true, Not 100% wrong. Depends...on the case & the docs provided.
vyliss wrote: I heard someone said 75 points took a bit longer than someone that have more points. Don't know if its right or not..

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

Finally,

Tier-1 Extension approved.

Documents sent: 29-06-09
Fee Deducted: 01-07-09
Visa stamped: 17-07-09
Documents received: 22-07-09

Total 18 days.
Approved until Aug 2012. (Initial expiry Aug 09).

What a relief at last...

gwiz
Newly Registered

HSMP Application

Post by gwiz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 am

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me.

I came to the uk in Sept 1999 as a student with my family. I initially had a 3 year student visa which I then extended as I had not finished my course and was given a further 2 years. After the the 2years had expired I then went on to apply for a work visa which under the previous laws (4years on a work visa to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR)). The laws then changed to 5years when the HSMP was introduced. So i january when I was meant to be applying for ILR I was instead applying for a second extention so that I could get an extra year which I needed to qualify for ILR. I have however found out that a case has sucessfully went through which means that I am now entitled to ILR under the old laws (4yrs). The problem is as I had been I the uk for 10years, my passport and those of my family is due to expire in the following month and so any money I had I spent on travelling with my familyof 5 back to Zimbabwe to get the passport renewed. The question is whether I need to show finacial evidence again as I had already proved I could maintain myself and my family in January when I applied for the extention which I should not have done anyways had the laws had been applied properly. If I do then how long do the funds have to be in my account?Would 1 day be sufficient as I have a daughter who is about to start her masters so I would very much like for her to pay home fees which will only be possible if she gets the ILR before she starts her course. Also she intends to get a professional trainee loan from the bank but the bank have told her she will not be able to get the loan(which she needs to help her pay for her tuition fees n course materials) until she had ILR

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,

HSMP Extension under Tier 1 apporved

Docuent posted: 29th Jun 09
HO Ref. Letter Recieved: 2nd July dated 30th Jun 09
Fees Deducted: 2nd July
Visa Stamed: 16th July
Documents Recieved: 21st July

Home to Home time frame: 22 Days

Really too fast.