ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Proof - Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RM74
Newly Registered

Accommodation Proof - Dependent

Post by RM74 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:14 am

Hi All,

I have received my HSW Tier 1 visa in January 2009. I got married in June 2009. I will be traveling to the UK on 15th July 2009 and my spouse will be applying for a dependent visa in the 1st week of August 2009. My query is what short of accommodation proof can I provide for my spouses visa application. Can I provide a hotel booking, even though I will be staying with my friend after landing in the UK for 2 months. Awaiting a reply.

ChetanOjha

Re: Accommodation Proof - Dependent

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 am

RM74 wrote:Hi All,

I have received my HSW Tier 1 visa in January 2009. I got married in June 2009. I will be traveling to the UK on 15th July 2009 and my spouse will be applying for a dependent visa in the 1st week of August 2009. My query is what short of accommodation proof can I provide for my spouses visa application. Can I provide a hotel booking, even though I will be staying with my friend after landing in the UK for 2 months. Awaiting a reply.
Tenancy Agreemnet of your flat is the best proof.

RM74
Newly Registered

Post by RM74 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 am

[quote="chetanojha"][quote="RM74"]Hi All,

I have received my HSW Tier 1 visa in January 2009. I got married in June 2009. I will be traveling to the UK on 15th July 2009 and my spouse will be applying for a dependent visa in the 1st week of August 2009. My query is what short of accommodation proof can I provide for my spouses visa application. Can I provide a hotel booking, even though I will be staying with my friend after landing in the UK for 2 months. Awaiting a reply.[/quote]

Tenancy Agreemnet of your flat is the best proof.[/quote]

Hi Chetanoja,

I will be taking a flat on rent only after 2 months. Till then I will be staying with my friend. In such a case I won't be able to give any Tenancy agreement. Is there any other option.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 am

RM74 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Hi Chetanoja,

I will be taking a flat on rent only after 2 months. Till then I will be staying with my friend. In such a case I won't be able to give any Tenancy agreement. Is there any other option.
Utility Bills, Bank Statement with address on it works. But it is better to provide tenancy agreement where you family will be staying. If not, then you can provide NOC from your current landlord.

RM74
Newly Registered

Post by RM74 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 am

[quote="chetanojha"][quote="RM74"][quote="chetanojha"][quote="RM74"]Hi All,

I have received my HSW Tier 1 visa in January 2009. I got married in June 2009. I will be traveling to the UK on 15th July 2009 and my spouse will be applying for a dependent visa in the 1st week of August 2009. My query is what short of accommodation proof can I provide for my spouses visa application. Can I provide a hotel booking, even though I will be staying with my friend after landing in the UK for 2 months. Awaiting a reply.[/quote]

Tenancy Agreemnet of your flat is the best proof.[/quote]

Hi Chetanoja,

I will be taking a flat on rent only after 2 months. Till then I will be staying with my friend. In such a case I won't be able to give any Tenancy agreement. Is there any other option.[/quote]
Utility Bills, Bank Statement with address on it works. But it is better to provide tenancy agreement where you family will be staying. If not, then you can provide NOC from your current landlord.[/quote]

Hi Chetanoja,

The problem is that he is my friends land lord and he is not ready to give any documents. Is it ok if I book a hotel room and show it for accommodation proof.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 am

RM74 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
RM74 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
Hi Chetanoja,

Utility Bills, Bank Statement with address on it works. But it is better to provide tenancy agreement where you family will be staying. If not, then you can provide NOC from your current landlord.
Hi Chetanoja,

The problem is that he is my friends land lord and he is not ready to give any documents. Is it ok if I book a hotel room and show it for accommodation proof.
Not sure about that. Wait for other members to reply. This gives some information but not about type of accommodation.

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 pm

The best option for you is to start looking for a house and request the agent to issue you an agreement in advance... I mean say you have finalised a place to move in from 1st of September. You can request the agent to prepare a tanency agreement now which can be used to apply for the visa of your wife in August (This has worked in the case of one of my mate).

2nd option if you can take a letter from your friend stating that he is fine if you and your wife stays in his accomodation untill you get a place of your own.. but i am not sure how much this will be affective.. also it also depends on the size of your mate's accomodation... i.e if its a 2BHK, you should be fine...

RM74
Newly Registered

Post by RM74 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:59 am

[quote="nksg"]The best option for you is to start looking for a house and request the agent to issue you an agreement in advance... I mean say you have finalised a place to move in from 1st of September. You can request the agent to prepare a tanency agreement now which can be used to apply for the visa of your wife in August (This has worked in the case of one of my mate).

2nd option if you can take a letter from your friend stating that he is fine if you and your wife stays in his accomodation untill you get a place of your own.. but i am not sure how much this will be affective.. also it also depends on the size of your mate's accomodation... i.e if its a 2BHK, you should be fine...

[quote="RM74"]Hi All,

I have received my HSW Tier 1 visa in January 2009. I got married in June 2009. I will be traveling to the UK on 15th July 2009 and my spouse will be applying for a dependent visa in the 1st week of August 2009. My query is what short of accommodation proof can I provide for my spouses visa application. Can I provide a hotel booking, even though I will be staying with my friend after landing in the UK for 2 months. Awaiting a reply.[/quote][/quote]

Hi nksg,

Thanks for the information. I plan to stay with my friend for 2 months. My wife will join we only after 3-4 months. My friend stays in a 3 bedroom house with his wife and 1 kid. As I need to provide some accommodation proof while filing my wifes application, I was wondering if I can show a Hotel Booking to satisfy the dependent application criteria.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 am

I hope this is a relief email to many of you breaking head on housing proof. Good thing is it is not required (though it is worth mentioning in additional information section on why you could not provide this).

I did not even provide pay slips since in my gut feeling it is additional proof and hardly looked by visa officer. Even my new employer did not get any calls to verify the employment info provided in application. From my experience, the main thing in dependants app is to prove their dependency and maintenance funds. That's all needed. Again case to case differs. My case I have explained below.

I am staying in a shared accommodation in London since my arrival here in Feb end 2009. I have looked a property and going to sign agreement this week. I did not mention this in my cover letter or dependants applications. My dependants will join me in 1st week of Aug.

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. My dependants got visa.
I am in UK on Tier 1 G and my dependants applied from Chennai VFS. Here is the list of docs submitted with application:
- Original passports
- Original marriage cert
- Original birth cert of my daughter (though not mandatory since passport is key)
- Maintenance funds proof (Indian account bank passbook and Statement with a letter from bank)
- My passport copy
- My new job contract agreement (1st, 2nd and signature page)
- Scanned image of signed sponsor letter

My father went with following to collect their passports from VFS:
- My father's Original ID (driving license/pan card/passport)
- Original application receipts
- Passport copies with stamp from VFS (this is important)
- Authorisation letter from my wife

Anyone any further info needed, msg me. Good luck to all!
Best regards,
Mani

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 am

If your wife will be coming to UK after 3-4 months, wouldn't you have found your own place by then? (since you will be moving out in 2 months).

Whynot apply after 2 months then? It appears to be the safest and correct bet.

But, seems you are inclined to file the application now with hotel booking as proof. - which is theoritically correct.

But, if 'am the caseworker, I would begin to wonder why the Male partner is staying in a shared acco, while his wife is put up at a Hotel. Doesn't add up isn't?
Hi nksg,

Thanks for the information. I plan to stay with my friend for 2 months. My wife will join we only after 3-4 months. My friend stays in a 3 bedroom house with his wife and 1 kid. As I need to provide some accommodation proof while filing my wifes application, I was wondering if I can show a Hotel Booking to satisfy the dependent application criteria.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 pm

We do not need to submit accommdation proof if the dependants are to travel after 2 months. In my case my wife & kid are supposed to travel in Aug 1st week. Still we managed to get the visa without acc proof (applied on 7th July).

Maintenance funds is all they're about. If you show sufficient funds, then it is implicit that arranging of accomodation will not be a problem. Logical, isnt't? It may be wise to mention in additional info section that you're looking for acc. This in addition with sponsor letter will suffice.

I was of this opinion and many of my friends suggested to go with housing proof as mandatory. However, I followed my gut feel and experience helping many of my friends in applying their Tier 1. I was proved right with my dependant's visa outcome. This was inspite of VFS scaring my wife that visas will be rejected (& lose 2 * 675 pounds) if we don't show Pay Slips, Housing Proof, 6 month bank statement of main applicant in UK. All crap; they just go by a genric list and do not have much knowledge on individual case basis.

Main applicant staying in shared accommodation is not a problem until dependants join him/her.

My suggestion to RM74 would be to go ahead with application if you have the following bare minimum:
- Solid proof for Maintenance funds
- On job or job offer (with start date on/before dependant joining date)
- Dependancy proofs (marriage cert)
OR
To be on safer side if your deps planned to come after 3-4 months, then apply after 2 months like rsathish suggested.
Last edited by mjmani on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Mani

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Mani,
My posts were reg RM74. Regret any confusion caused.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Sathish,
Definitely no offence taken. In fact, you're right in mentioning that his dependants can apply after 2 months. Most of the dependant visa processing in done within a week. If the delay in applying is only due to housing proof, that's what I've mentioned as it is not a mandatory evidence.
Best regards,
Mani