ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR before 28 days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ocean77
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR before 28 days

Post by ocean77 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi All,

I was granted UK HSMP on Mar 2006 and i entered the country in May 2006. Now as per the recent ruling, Can i apply for ILR in 4 years (as was the case earlier)? If yes, i will be able to apply after 17th April 2010.

If this is indeed the case, i would like to know if it is possible to apply before 28 days as stated on the website. My company is offering me an exciting role overseas for which i will have to be out of country entirely for 2010. If i can get ILR sorted in december (i.e. 4 months earlier), it would make it easier for me to take the company offer as i will have no visa issues when i return.

Thank you taking time to read the post. Your answers are much appreciated.

Cheers
Ocean

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 pm

It has to be four years, 28 days before the four year mark is the earliest you can apply. I've heard of people who tried 2 months before (by mistake) and were turned away at PEO.

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:00 pm

I would take the job and return to apply for the ILR, using the premuim service when you are eligible to apply for it.

sac

Post by sac » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 am

Ocean77, you can't do that. it's very simple and straight - if you spend 3,4 or 5 years in the UK (depending on category), you get your ILR. they say you can apply 4 weeks early as it takes about that long to process.
but 4 months early?? absolutely no reason why they should do that for you, or 6 months early for the next person who asks nicely, or 12 months early for the next person who begs and pleads... sorry, it's just not going to happen.
and remember, you can't be out of the country more than a certain amount of time during the residence qualifying period (each year and overall). if your ILR is important to you, afraid you'll have to turn down this offer.