ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused--Proof of Degree, please help?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lj
Newly Registered

Visa Refused--Proof of Degree, please help?

Post by lj » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:07 am

Hello all,

The visa I applied for got refused due to the degree evidence and not payslips! Please can you give advice about what I can do.

When I went in-person for my application, the caseworker did ask a question to me of why I don't have my original certificates because I had a transcript and what I thought equated to an academic reference (a degree supplement that had name, date of birth, date of award, etc).

When he refused me because I didn't have a recent bank statement, he suggested I apply via post. Which I have. But before leaving I asked him about his question he had about my documents and if there was a possibility they'd be rejected as he'd asked a question on them. He said, no, they won't be.

Now they have been!!

What do I do? They say I have no right to appeal because my visa wasn't due to run out yet...but this is their fault! :(

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:13 am

Can you please rephrase your question. I didnt quite get the last bit (?)

lj
Newly Registered

Post by lj » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:30 am

Basically, even though the one caseworker said that my academic transcript and degree supplement are fine for the application and that they will not be rejected, this caseworker has said they are not fine and has rejected them.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 am

It would be very difficult for you to challenge this decision . First case worker whom you met during personal visit has not given you anyrthing written (?). While second case worker has rejected your case based upon the fact that you've not submitted your original degree.

better to re-apply with required documents.