ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Peo Appointment- Dependent presence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

sichumon
Newly Registered

Peo Appointment- Dependent presence

Post by sichumon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am

Hi

I have an appointment at sheffield PEO on Friday for ILR application. My wife and son are also applying with me -SET (o).

When I took the appointment, the call centre person told me that the dependent need not be presonnaly present. Today I called them again as some of my friends were told to bring the family. Now thay are saying my wife need to be present. Can somebody who applied recently confirm this please ?

Regards
Sichu

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Previous accounts suggest that the dependents need NOT be present at the PEO; but if your spouse is not engaged on the day then it wouldn't hurt to accompany you.

Filipinas

Dependants' presence during PEO application

Post by Filipinas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:17 pm

We had ours last 6th July, I was present with our kids. Honestly, we could have not been there as we weren't checked on. But just like you I did call HO to inquire if I needed to be present during our application, and the lady who answered that "generally" they would want applicants over 18yo to be present during appointments. I did hear that others got approval without their spouse or dependants with them- but leaning on caution, I went with my hubby. Anyway, I managed to help him out sort papers while the officers were asking for the next set of document- I did in a way had a good use in there aside from the chit-chat due to the 3+hrs of wait. :D

Good Luck!

Filipinas

sichumon
Newly Registered

Post by sichumon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am

The problem is that I cannot find any train tickets to sheffield at the last moment :cry:

ajaymitra76

Can I include my dependant ?

Post by ajaymitra76 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 am

I have a appt soon for ILR. I have been on HSMP for the last 2 years and WP before that. When I booked the appointment the call centre guy asked me if I wanted to include dependants in my application. I said yes and they said no dependant slots are available. So, I booked one for myself only.

However, if the fact is that dependants are not required to be present (as some people have mentioned in this forum) can I include my dependant in my application ?

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am

Ajay

if you are alone applying for ILR, i guess your dependants visa gets invalidated once your ILR is stamped. Please check regarding this

nksg

Re: Can I include my dependant ?

Post by nksg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am

Hi Ajay,

I agree with the update from Sivu. It would be better if you apply with your dependents to avoid spending any extra money and tension...

All the best

NK
ajaymitra76 wrote:I have a appt soon for ILR. I have been on HSMP for the last 2 years and WP before that. When I booked the appointment the call centre guy asked me if I wanted to include dependants in my application. I said yes and they said no dependant slots are available. So, I booked one for myself only.

However, if the fact is that dependants are not required to be present (as some people have mentioned in this forum) can I include my dependant in my application ?

Filipinas

Ajay

Post by Filipinas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 am

If you booked for an appointment for yourself, it only means that, the caseworker that would be assigned to you is set to check only your papers. Caseworkers, as this is by appointment are pre-assigned. I have taken this as so since, during our application I was still in queue to pay at the till, but the caseworkers were already waiting for us at the window assigned for us. When my husband said that I am still in queue they just said that they will wait for us when we are ready.

Just try to find a booking that is open that would include your dependant/s' application if you really want to have this done at the same time (more economical actually), similarly, if you won't be straight forward with them when you book your appointment they might take it against you.

Filipinas

bani

Re: Can I include my dependant ?

Post by bani » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:56 pm

ajaymitra76 wrote:I have a appt soon for ILR. I have been on HSMP for the last 2 years and WP before that. When I booked the appointment the call centre guy asked me if I wanted to include dependants in my application. I said yes and they said no dependant slots are available. So, I booked one for myself only.

As others have said, you need to rebook your appointment. They will not process your dependents' ILR, just yours, otherwise. And if you do it this way, your dependents pay another £1020+ for their ILRs. It would even be cheaper to get an agent to do this for you, just so you are all in the same application.

ajaymitra76

Will My dependant need to change her visa ?

Post by ajaymitra76 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 pm

If they only give me ILR, do I have to change my dependant's visa again within 28 days as someone said it becomes invalid ?