ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 - travelling after 9 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

betterlatethannever

UK Tier 1 - travelling after 9 months

Post by betterlatethannever » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to travel after 9 months to UK on Tier 1 general migrant. Do immigration officers stop or ask any questions?

Has anyone travelled after 9-10 months?

Plz do reply...

ChetanOjha

Re: UK Tier 1 - travelling after 9 months

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

betterlatethannever wrote:Hi Gurus,

I am planning to travel after 9 months to UK on Tier 1 general migrant. Do immigration officers stop or ask any questions?

Plz do reply...
Shouldn't be a problem as you have valid visa.But expect questions like why you choose to enter now and not earlier or why so big gap etc.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 am

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right. Any suggestions on what to reply? I simply didn't travel because of bad market.

What do I need to carry for travel except Chest X-ray. Do they ask for any NOC from my company as I am planning to take leave and go for a month first.

Thanks,
chetanojha wrote:
betterlatethannever wrote:Hi Gurus,

Plz do reply...
Shouldn't be a problem as you have valid visa.But expect questions like why you choose to enter now and not earlier or why so big gap etc.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right. Any suggestions on what to reply? I simply didn't travel because of bad market.

What do I need to carry for travel except Chest X-ray. Do they ask for any NOC from my company as I am planning to take leave and go for a month first.

Thanks,
Hi Betterlate......

There could be n number of reasons for a person to travel late, right from personal issues to professional issues to current economic condition. I am pretty sure you can find a suitable response to this question if you indeed face them

With regards to documents, I believe apart from the X-ray and the doctors report, one need not carry any other document (baring the essentials)!

No NOC required from your company. I mean why on earth will the immigration officer be bothered about a NOC from an Indian company when you are on Tier I General visa ?

Cheers
PG

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:28 am

betterlatethannever wrote:Hi Chetan,

Thanks,
It shouldn't be tough but there could be follow up questions and your answers should not raise unnecessary doubts. Also, if you travel on the busy days e.g. weekends chances of such questions are less as heathrow is flooded during these days and immigration officer may not like to bother.As the other member replied, your reasons can be anything from personal to professional, so ideally your answers should be logical. You anyway have a valid leave to remain, so I think you should be fine anyway.

DreamOfUK
Newly Registered

Post by DreamOfUK » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:23 am

chetanojha wrote:
betterlatethannever wrote:Hi Chetan,

Thanks,
It shouldn't be tough but there could be follow up questions and your answers should not raise unnecessary doubts. Also, if you travel on the busy days e.g. weekends chances of such questions are less as heathrow is flooded during these days and immigration officer may not like to bother.As the other member replied, your reasons can be anything from personal to professional, so ideally your answers should be logical. You anyway have a valid leave to remain, so I think you should be fine anyway.

Hi Folks,

I have got T1G visa on June 2nd 2009

Just I have to confirm one thing regarding late travelling.

One of my friends said that, According new rules(After Apl 2009) how applied visa after Apr 2009, if any person wants to travel after 6 months of VISA stamp he should show again 2800 pounds bank balance for 3 months and 12 months salary slips( Latest )…which we need to provide at the time of new VISA application. Is this true.

I don’t know is this true or not…

Please let me know

Thanks for your time