ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maleek
Newly Registered

naturalization

Post by maleek » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:57 pm

hello, can anyone please tell me wot types of character checks are done on naturalization apps. I got a letter saying thasnk you for application, returning all my docs and saying we are carryin out character checks. how long to wait no for decissions?

thanks

maleek

sfgirl

Post by sfgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:00 pm

I wouldn't think it would take too long. I'm in Northern Ireland and they wrote to me asking me to arrange for the Police Service of Northern Ireland to send them a copy of my (fortunately nonexistent) police record. It took the PSNIs about 10 days and my application was approved about 2 weeks after that. In GB, I would imagine that they have a joined up computer system.

As for what they check, presumably convictions etc... that aren't spent and that you may not have disclosed.