ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Records Form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Brainfire
Newly Registered

Tax Records Form

Post by Brainfire » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi...

I'm sure I seen a link to a sample form allowing the authorities to inspect your tax records on the Visa FAQ page some time ago, but can't find it again - can anyone help out with this one?

Thanks in advance...

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:47 pm

The only thing I can think of is that when someone applies for naturalisation as British, part of the declaration they sign specifically allows IND to contact HMRC (previous Inland Revenue) and inspect the tax records.
John

Brainfire
Newly Registered

Post by Brainfire » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:16 pm

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it very well - my fiancee has applied for a settlement Visa in Lagos, Nigeria. I did read somewhere that you are required to give them written consent to inspect your tax records (I'm a UK national) - I'd hate the Visa to be refused due to me having omitted this document. Is this really a requirement for a settlement Visa? I can see the logic behind it in that they're probably not going to issue the Visa if I'm due say 20k in outstanding tax. The document in question is mentioned about half way down this page.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/faq.shtml

Thanks

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 pm

OK, I read what that website says but have to say ... that is news to me! I have never heard of anyone going to those lengths before.

Maybe something you should take up with that website?
John