ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flexible Starting Date ? - Fiance visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Redder
Newly Registered

Flexible Starting Date ? - Fiance visa

Post by Redder » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Hi again.

Concerning applying for a fiance visa, I understand that its valid for 6 months starting the day it's issued at the embassy (during which one has to get married).

Is it possible that one can actually request the embassy to issue the fiance visa with a pre-selected starting date.
e.g. One applies on 1st of January, you request that your visa starts one month after its issue date. Is that possible?

Reason I'm asking is, being employed, upon resigning I need to give one month's notice before i get to leave my job. So i would need to have the visa first, then submit my resignation, then stay for one whole month after that, then arrive in the UK. so basically out of the 6 months visa-validity, i will lose one month since i am bound to remain in my job one month after i resign.

Would the embassy take that into consideration, and grant me the visa with it starting to be inaction atleast one month from its grant date?

John

Post by John » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:39 pm

Good point. As I understand it you can request a start date with a delay of up to three months, so one month delay in the start would not appear to be a problem.

I think incorporate that requested delay in your evidence folder, and indeed explain your very good reason for asking for that delay.

Just one point ... having requested the delay in the start .... don't then think a week or two later that you would like to go to the UK. That is, if you are released from your employment unexpectedly early, you are really stuck with that delay you requested.
John

talkingman
Newly Registered

Post by talkingman » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:09 pm

Redder!!

When my girl and i went to the British Embassy in Kiev we asked for the start date for her fiance/settlement visa 6 weeks after the application. This was not a problem. She told the Entry clerk that i would need to work another month or so in England and then i could take more holiday so when she arrives in UK i can show her around just like she did for me when i went to her country.

They put in her visa that it is a marriage visa and my full name!!! With this visa you can pitch up at a registry office (or place of marriage) and book yoiur marriage date