ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-JR postal success

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Mini
Member of Standing

ILR-JR postal success

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:58 am

Hi all,
Received my documents via a knock-on-the-door today morning. My details as below:

Application type: ILR plus 2 dependents
Application sent: July 2nd
Money debited from CC: July 5th
Acknowledgement letter date: July 16th
ILR Stamp: July 16th
Documents received: July 21st

Docs sent:
1. Passports for all (old+new)
2. P60s (5 yrs myself + 1 latest for husband)
3. Payslips 8 months (since Nov 2008 as my extn was done in Oct08)
4. Letter of employment (myself)
5. 12 months bank statement (myself + husband)
6. Birth certificate for my 6month old child
7. Excel sheet detailing absences with total of 110 days out of UK between 04 & 09

Pleasantly surprised with the turnaround time of 10days by HO. Now regretting the 20days and 25quid I spent trying to get a PEO appointment.

Can people who have received information for refund of additinal extention fee share what they got as promise of refund. I don't seem to have got anything mentioning a refund. I got my initial HSMP in Oct 04, entered the UK in Nov 04, had 1+3+3 extensions the last one being Oct 08. I was sure I was eligible for a refund :shock:

Good Luck to all still waiting. I am sure you will get the knock-on-the-door soon

Mini
Mini

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR-JR postal success

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

Mini wrote: Can people who have received information for refund of additinal extention fee share what they got as promise of refund. I don't seem to have got anything mentioning a refund. I got my initial HSMP in Oct 04, entered the UK in Nov 04, had 1+3+3 extensions the last one being Oct 08. I was sure I was eligible for a refund :shock:

Good Luck to all still waiting. I am sure you will get the knock-on-the-door soon

Mini
Firstly, a pleasant congratulations to you. 10 days is not a bad one ata all. I got mind around 3 weeks ad nw I'm jealous lol

Anyway, with regards to a refund, did you received a backdated letter? If you do, then you will be eligible for the refund and it should have been mentioned just around the next paragraph to that. But if they didn't mention aything around back-dating, then their judgement is that you still needed to get an extention when you applied for that in Oct '08. But from your story above, I guess, you should get a back-dated letter as well as a refund.

Did you complete that part/section on the application form that you wants your application to be considered under the HSMP (ILR) JR?

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 am

Anyway, with regards to a refund, did you received a backdated letter? If you do, then you will be eligible for the refund and it should have been mentioned just around the next paragraph to that. But if they didn't mention aything around back-dating, then their judgement is that you still needed to get an extention when you applied for that in Oct '08. But from your story above, I guess, you should get a back-dated letter as well as a refund.
They have mentioned backdated as of Nov 2008 and to attach this letter when applying for nationality blah...blah but no mention of refund after that.
Did you complete that part/section on the application form that you wants your application to be considered under the HSMP (ILR) JR?
I did and the title of ther letter sent by HO says ' granted under JR...'

I guess I have to call the dreaded 0870... all embracing number again and spend more to find out about my refund.
Mini