ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question to Entry Clearance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Da8thMonth
Newly Registered

Question to Entry Clearance

Post by Da8thMonth » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:05 am

Hi- any thoughts on the following would be great!

I was just at the British Consulate 2 hours ago and they approved my application for Entry Clearance! That is the good news. I still have questions though and perhaps you can give me your thoughts on them.

One of the requirements for obtaining Entry Clearance when not in your home country (in my case USA) is that you must have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on your residency visa if applying in a foreign country.

Well, my residency visa is dependent on my work permit in Germany and vice versa. In order to take up new employment in the UK (I applied for Entry Clearance with a Work Permit), I had to resign my job in August 2005.

Anticipating the problems that I would have with the Entry Clearance process, before the end of August 2005 (when without a valid work permit and therefore no residency status) I contaced the German immigration authority. I explained the situation, provided some documentation and they consequently did not invalidate my residency despite that I am unemployed at the moment.

As of today, when I submitted my Entry Clearance application, in the German immigration database my residency is valid until 2007, more than fulfilling the minimum 6 month requirement. However, when I de-register with the German housing registration authority and state that I am leaving the country, that information will be given to the German immigration authority and my residency will come to an end on that date. Thus, not meeting the minimum 6 month residency requirement.

I am unsure what the effects of this could be. I am unsure if I should petition the German immigration authority to maintain my residency for another 6 months. I don't they will do it as I won't be residing in Germany any longer. Also, I'm unsure if later the English immigration office will later check my residency status and find that 3 months from now I am no longer a resident in Germany.

Pretty sticky. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Da8thMonth

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:25 am

One of the requirements for obtaining Entry Clearance when not in your home country (in my case USA) is that you must have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on your residency visa if applying in a foreign country.
Can I ask, the source for that?

In any case if you now have your UK EC, what is the problem?
John

Da8thMonth
Newly Registered

Post by Da8thMonth » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:31 am

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/con ... ork_permit

If you look under the Work Permit Holders requirements, the minimum of 6 months validity remaining is stated there.

I guess I am just worried that if Home Office were to check my German residency 3 months from now, it would not be valid. I will leave for the UK this weekend, de-register with the German housing authority thus terminating my residency.

However, as of today, when I made the application and it was accepted, the residency is valid until 2007.

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:36 am

With respect it says :-
minimum validity 6 months
It does not say ..... minimum validity 6 months remaining!

So you are imagining a problem that is not there.
John

Da8thMonth
Newly Registered

Post by Da8thMonth » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:44 am

Thanks! I just assumed incorrectly then. As it stated minimum . . . well, that's where the remaining came from.

Thanks again, now I will have no worries anymore

Cheers