ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody travelling in August...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samsung

Anybody travelling in August...

Post by samsung » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Friends,

Am traveling in August, if there is anybody who would like to come over, would be glad. Am from Bangalore. PM me and we can plan ahead.

Likewise, if anybody from London, can help with information on accommodation, that would come handy, or somebody looking for a flatmate, sharing, I can bear <=50-100 pounds PW

Pls advice ppl...!!!!

Thanks..

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 am

Hi ,

i just applied for the visa..... most probbaly will travel in Mid - Aug ,
i m in bangalore right now .... u can PM me and we can tag along .

Thanks

samsung

Post by samsung » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey buddy, just sent you a pm with my contact details...!!!!

nksg

Re: Anybody travelling in August...

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:04 pm

you can try looking at some websites like www.rightmove.com or www.gumtree.com if you looking for rent in London area....

all the best!!
samsung wrote:Hi Friends,

Am traveling in August, if there is anybody who would like to come over, would be glad. Am from Bangalore. PM me and we can plan ahead.

Likewise, if anybody from London, can help with information on accommodation, that would come handy, or somebody looking for a flatmate, sharing, I can bear <=50-100 pounds PW

Pls advice ppl...!!!!

Thanks..

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

samsung wrote:Hi Friends,

Pls advice ppl...!!!!

Thanks..
50 p looks very low but with that budget you can target your search to shared student accomodations. Loot.com; Gumtree, findaproperty.co.uk, upmystreet.co.uk and rightmove.co.uk

Some ppl are running scams these days and ask you to wire money using western union etc. in the guise of checking your capability to pay rent/deposit etc. Beware of such propositions
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:49 am

There are places where 13 to 15 ppl share a 3 bedroom house/ flat. One can imagine how crowded that would be.

Even those costs 100+/week/person.

My advise for you would be to stay in a public hostel like YMCA etc for few weeks / months and then move out to new rented house/ flat with the friends you meet here.

But, if you are happy with the 100pw rooms, you know what to do.
samsung wrote: Likewise, if anybody from London, can help with information on accommodation, that would come handy, or somebody looking for a flatmate, sharing, I can bear <=50-100 pounds PW

push

Post by push » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:00 pm

rsathish wrote:There are places where 13 to 15 ppl share a 3 bedroom house/ flat. One can imagine how crowded that would be.

My advise for you would be to stay in a public hostel like YMCA etc for few weeks / months and then move out to new rented house/ flat with the friends you meet here.

samsung wrote: Likewise, if anybody from London, can help with information on accommodation, that would come handy, or somebody looking for a flatmate, sharing, I can bear <=50-100 pounds PW
Thats illegal.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:48 pm

I guess you are referring to 15/house. Sadly, it's true.
push_hsmp wrote:
rsathish wrote:There are places where 13 to 15 ppl share a 3 bedroom house/ flat. One can imagine how crowded that would be.

Thats illegal.

samsung

Post by samsung » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Friends,

Am flying on 14th of August (got my tickets done), and if somebody who is already in the UK, and would like to share the place, that would be great. So, pls PM me and we can take it ahead from there onwards.

Cheers...!!!! :)

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:05 pm

rsathish wrote:I guess you are referring to 15/house. Sadly, it's true.
push_hsmp wrote:

Thats illegal.
Ya thats what I meant.
regards,
push